Former Everton winger and TV pundit Pat Nevin says that he thinks Everton could be ready to mount a real challenge for a top six place – at least – next season.
The former Chelsea and Everton man says that he wouldn’t bet against the Blues getting into the top six next term, but says that they must complete their already excellent transfer business.
The Blues have been linked with a host of players in the last 24 hours, but Nevin says that Wilfried Zaha is a priority signing, and that he and Brazilian forward Richarlison would be a formidable combination.
Nevin also praised the Blues’ transfer business already this summer, and said that he couldn’t believe that Juventus had let Everton sign Moise Kean for what he reckons is a bargain.
“They need a centre-back and they’re working hard to get a centre-back,” he told NewsTalk.
“And they’ve got the money to do it and it looks like they’re going to do it. There is some suggestion – and this is the caveat – if they get Zaha… I’m looking at that team with Richarlison,
“Moise Kean who I’m stunned they got for that money – wow, that could be the deal of the season by some distance by the way – and you put in the creativity they’ve got from that midfield area.
“Bernard had a good season last year and just got better and Sigurdsson, I’m a big fan of as well, that looks good. That looks very, very scary. You add Zaha on top of that as well, then that’s one of the scariest front-lines around.
“I would not back against them breaking into the Top 6, at least.”
Latest posts by NSNO Staff (see all)
- Silva sacked - December 5, 2019
- Liverpool vs Everton preview: Marco Silva’s job hangs in the balance before heated Merseyside derby - December 3, 2019
- Everton stars support Merseyside food bank ahead of Anfield derby - December 3, 2019
- Everton’s stuttering form needs a kick start - November 28, 2019