October 30, 2020, 02:17:25 AM

Author Topic: Deadwood Left  (Read 5525 times)

October 06, 2020, 05:51:11 AM
Read 5525 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Tosun
Bolasie
Besic

Who else?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

October 06, 2020, 05:55:33 AM
Reply #1

irishtoffee

Pennington to go and Beni needs a loan at least

October 06, 2020, 05:55:47 AM
Reply #2

Robioto

Tosun
Bolasie
Besic

Who else?

That might be it... Bloody hell, this list was 10-12 players long 2 years ago. Amazing progress.

I know some will say Delph, Sigurdsson, Davies and the like, but in reality they have apart to play this season and are not deadwood in my opinion. But we are now in a position where we can improve 3-4 players a year and slowly develop the squad, while replacing the aforementioned when we can, into what Moshiri's, Brands' and Ancelotti's vision without being weighed down by shite on big wages.

We're on the up and it feels great.

October 06, 2020, 06:18:34 AM
Reply #3

toffee_scot

Calum Connolly is still around too.

October 06, 2020, 06:24:37 AM
Reply #4

Old England Toffee

Tosun
Bolasie
Besic

Who else?

Delph!!!! He plays like hes dead or his brain is made of wood. Only 3 months till jan window, so if they sell him and or Bernard Im confident they would replace them both with something younger on lower wages in a few months.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 06:27:04 AM by Old England Toffee »

October 06, 2020, 06:35:48 AM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I thought about Delph but I think he can play a part this season.

Those next to be replaced would certainly be the likes of Sig, Davies, Delph and Bernard though. But I think the big ones left are the ones I mentioned above. Likes of Pennington etc are on petty cash.

Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

October 06, 2020, 06:44:59 AM
Reply #6

Old England Toffee

there we go
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 06:46:16 AM by Old England Toffee »

October 06, 2020, 06:57:01 AM
Reply #7

beyondblue

Tosun
Bolasie
Besic

Who else?

Still two weeks or so to trade with EFL clubs. Sure some championship clubs will happily take them on loan at least

October 06, 2020, 07:27:59 AM
Reply #8

bluenuck

Delph davies and sig at least contribute. Davies playing at right back on the weekend for example.

guys who collect a paycheque and don't even train with the squad, and are told they're not wanted here, are deadwood.

October 06, 2020, 08:50:55 AM
Reply #9

Jamokachi

Yea, as others have said, I think that's it for first team players really. Not too concerned about the U23s as they'll likely be on a small wages.

Davies, Delph and Sigurdsson all have roles to play this year.

I imagine Bolasie and Besic will move to the championship, whereas Tosun will stick around until January.

Fantastic progress.

October 06, 2020, 02:24:59 PM
Reply #10

Cozzie

Did Sandro go?

Had an early night last night, what where the outs with Walcott?

October 06, 2020, 02:29:28 PM
Reply #11

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Did Sandro go?

He did yeah
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

October 06, 2020, 02:31:47 PM
Reply #12

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Did Sandro go?

Thatís £85 k off the wage bill as he went on a free providing they pick up 100% of his wages, good deal.
Besic could still go to the championship for the next 14 days, difficult to shift Tosun whilst outcome of his surgery still not known.

October 06, 2020, 02:53:37 PM
Reply #13

Waltzer

Thatís £85 k off the wage bill as he went on a free providing they pick up 100% of his wages, good deal.
Besic could still go to the championship for the next 14 days, difficult to shift Tosun whilst outcome of his surgery still not known.

I cant see Tosun going until the next window, which is only 87 days away, so not too long

October 06, 2020, 03:10:30 PM
Reply #14

Bwana

Delph!!!! He plays like hes dead or his brain is made of wood.

We can build a bridge to Bramley-Moore out of his brain. Or do we use yesterday's pudding/small rocks?
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.