November 01, 2020, 04:18:33 AM

Author Topic: Deadwood Left  (Read 5555 times)

October 06, 2020, 08:56:48 PM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Ok cool. So I was about 75% right. I had it in me mind that 'on the bounce' meant after a loss or something.

See also : on the spin.

On an unrelated note 'on the bounce' in local argot can also mean spoiling for a confrontation.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 06, 2020, 08:58:14 PM
Reply #31

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
See also : on the spin.

On an unrelated note 'on the bounce' in local argot can also mean spoiling for a confrontation.

Oooh, another one for my adopted lexicon.

My British ex-pat mate from London says he can barely understand scouser haha.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

October 06, 2020, 09:01:22 PM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Oooh, another one for my adopted lexicon.

My British ex-pat mate from London says he can barely understand scouser haha.

Can be adapted to verb form eg. I bounced down there, we bounced straight out, saw the ram the other night bouncing round town looking for some fella who'd robbed his denim hoody etc.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 06, 2020, 09:02:26 PM
Reply #33

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Can be adapted to verb form eg. I bounced down there, we bounced straight out, saw the ram the other night bouncing round town looking for some fella who'd robbed his denim hoody etc.

lolol
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

October 06, 2020, 09:05:14 PM
Reply #34

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Ok cool. So I was about 75% right. I had it in me mind that 'on the bounce' meant after a loss or something.

'Bouncing back' after a loss is a recovery, as is 'showing bouncebackability'.

October 06, 2020, 09:07:59 PM
Reply #35

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 06, 2020, 09:08:49 PM
Reply #36

GrantyBoy78

I’ve heard from some very reliable sources that James is our first player to break the £200k wages bracket. Would make sense, given he was free.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

October 06, 2020, 09:14:22 PM
Reply #37

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I’ve heard from some very reliable sources that James is our first player to break the £200k wages bracket. Would make sense, given he was free.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Was widely reported in other places that he was prepared to take a cut, here’s one example.

October 06, 2020, 09:14:31 PM
Reply #38

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Love this, looks good doesn't it?

I'm going to be pedantic here, but in the second table the Annual Saving column should be Annual Spend

Fuck

October 06, 2020, 09:16:50 PM
Reply #39

cantoffee

Hard to tell but assuming we can get someone to pay some of Bolasie and Besic's wages we could have a drop in wage spending of about £10 million or so.

If revenue stayed the same that would get our wage to revenue ratio down from 85% to just below 80%.

Although I would assume revenue will drop due to lack of gate receipts.

Ideally we can get it below 70% by increasing revenue and continuing to cut the wage bill the next two summers as Bolasie, Besic, Sig, Delph, Bernard all drop off by spring 2022 I believe. Of course they will have to be replaced but looks like Brands' strategy will be to bring in younger players who can progress and fill these roles for a much lower cost.

Ultimately though, success on the pitch and getting increased revenue will make things easier and those contracts won't be the giant anchor weighing us down.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 06, 2020, 09:20:45 PM
Reply #40

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Was widely reported in other places that he was prepared to take a cut, here’s one example.

https://www.sportekz.com/football/james-rodriguez-contract-deal-everton/amp/

October 06, 2020, 09:34:29 PM
Reply #41

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Hard to tell but assuming we can get someone to pay some of Bolasie and Besic's wages we could have a drop in wage spending of about £10 million or so.

If revenue stayed the same that would get our wage to revenue ratio down from 85% to just below 80%.

Although I would assume revenue will drop due to lack of gate receipts.

Ideally we can get it below 70% by increasing revenue and continuing to cut the wage bill the next two summers as Bolasie, Besic, Sig, Delph, Bernard all drop off by spring 2022 I believe. Of course they will have to be replaced but looks like Brands' strategy will be to bring in younger players who can progress and fill these roles for a much lower cost.

Ultimately though, success on the pitch and getting increased revenue will make things easier and those contracts won't be the giant anchor weighing us down.

Wait until we start to see revenue from new shirt sales, esp. James ones. Madrid said they sold 365k James shirts (granted, this was likely over at least a 4-year period). Plus that right-sleeve empty sponsor space beckons...

Oh, and whatever money we'll get from making the Champions League. :D
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

October 06, 2020, 10:03:12 PM
Reply #42

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Wait until we start to see revenue from new shirt sales, esp. James ones. Madrid said they sold 365k James shirts (granted, this was likely over at least a 4-year period). Plus that right-sleeve empty sponsor space beckons...

Do Carzoo pay us a fixed sum for shirt sponsorship or is it in any way related to volume of shirt sales ? They could surely have never dreamt of so many sales prior to our signing James ? Did they pay for the add on Times Square and the Miami float ?

October 06, 2020, 10:05:21 PM
Reply #43

cantoffee

Yes Champions league is essentially guaranteed  25-30 million without including wins, draws, gate receipts, etc. Which essentially takes the problem away at least for that year even with no changes to wages.

Europa League (if we are being more realistic) would still bring about 10 million assuming we get out of the group stage.

Certainly it would help with bringing things under control but until that point we need to continue to reduce the squad size and offload some players.

October 06, 2020, 10:07:17 PM
Reply #44

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This is good! Ignore the individual positions as we know as fans James can play ten etc. it's just purely to illustrate strength and contract years etc.