November 01, 2020, 04:08:10 AM

Author Topic: Deadwood Left  (Read 5554 times)

October 06, 2020, 10:11:53 PM
Reply #45

GrantyBoy78

https://www.sportekz.com/football/james-rodriguez-contract-deal-everton/amp/
It was also widely reported that we’d paid £20m for him. Amongst others, it’s from the same person who showed me a screen print of Dowell’s “payslip” and he works at the clubs, so I’d tend to believe him. Again, makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

October 06, 2020, 10:13:51 PM
Reply #46

GrantyBoy78

This is good! Ignore the individual positions as we know as fans James can play ten etc. it's just purely to illustrate strength and contract years etc.
We’re is so much better shape than 2 years ago. One year, even.

I’d be thinking about new contracts for DCL and Digne, to keep them happy.

October 06, 2020, 10:16:50 PM
Reply #47

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Do Carzoo pay us a fixed sum for shirt sponsorship or is it in any way related to volume of shirt sales ? They could surely have never dreamt of so many sales prior to our signing James ? Did they pay for the add on Times Square and the Miami float ?

Honestly, no clue how that all works. It's got to be a flat fee, maybe with built-in step-ups based on x, y, or z? That would make sense but I'm still guessing. I highly doubt Cazoo had anything to do with any of the advertising/marketing. That's the marketing dept. who has their own budget (if we're at all run like a normal business).
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

October 06, 2020, 10:18:17 PM
Reply #48

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Yes Champions league is essentially guaranteed  25-30 million without including wins, draws, gate receipts, etc. Which essentially takes the problem away at least for that year even with no changes to wages.

Europa League (if we are being more realistic) would still bring about 10 million assuming we get out of the group stage.

Certainly it would help with bringing things under control but until that point we need to continue to reduce the squad size and offload some players.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Of course. There's also the nice bump in Prem TV revenue share based on each table position we rise. 6th is worth something like £21m more than 12th, for example, on top of everything else.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

October 06, 2020, 10:19:38 PM
Reply #49

Bwana

We had two summer windows on the bounce where we signed Pienaar, Jags, Baines, Lescott, Johnson, Yakubu, howard, and that pretty much set us up for the next six seasons or so as a regular top seven team.

Nevermind Cahill, Arteta, Neville (yeah yeah) a year before those. Of course there were beatties, van der meydes and kröldrups present there also but all and all credit to Moyes and his team back in those days.
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

October 06, 2020, 10:49:37 PM
Reply #50

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
The year Lukaku, Deulofeu & Barry came in on loan felt impressive as well.

Howard, Lescott & Johnson getting wrapped up early in one window also felt like we'd played a blinder.

October 06, 2020, 11:29:39 PM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Of course. There's also the nice bump in Prem TV revenue share based on each table position we rise. 6th is worth something like £21m more than 12th, for example, on top of everything else.

Drrrrreaming of European qualification
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 06, 2020, 11:30:26 PM
Reply #52

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Drrrrreaming of European qualification

We're all going on a European Tour.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

October 06, 2020, 11:32:45 PM
Reply #53

Shogun

Administrator
We're all going on a European Tour.

Well, the team might be.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

October 06, 2020, 11:33:18 PM
Reply #54

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

October 06, 2020, 11:40:53 PM
Reply #55

arteta4spain

Suppose we’re having to be careful without the money coming from the gate. Be like the old sky days where you pay to watch a game.

October 07, 2020, 01:28:09 AM
Reply #56

Old England Toffee

This is good! Ignore the individual positions as we know as fans James can play ten etc. it's just purely to illustrate strength and contract years etc.
yeah its looking good that init, also several positions where in a bad injury scenario we play someone out of position, ie Digne CB, Holgate RB, CB, Godfrey CM, Mina CF (joke but also would be awesome seeing him up there). To only really have the RW without cover is pretty awesome considering before we had a squad full of square pegs for round holes.

October 07, 2020, 02:12:45 AM
Reply #57

Undisputed_blue

yeah its looking good that init, also several positions where in a bad injury scenario we play someone out of position, ie Digne CB, Holgate RB, CB, Godfrey CM, Mina CF (joke but also would be awesome seeing him up there). To only really have the RW without cover is pretty awesome considering before we had a squad full of square pegs for round holes.

Godfrey can play right back.

October 07, 2020, 02:20:49 AM
Reply #58

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Deadwood Left sounds like a band
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 07, 2020, 02:45:29 AM
Reply #59

Old England Toffee

Deadwood Left sounds like a band
Godfrey can play bass