January 25, 2021, 03:45:45 PM

Author Topic: Robin Olsen  (Read 6007 times)

November 01, 2020, 11:32:12 PM
Reply #60

Cozzie

Based on what, what did he do wrong to convince you of that after 1 game?

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Not much.

Brought in to add cover but not competition.

Stick with him for now of course but we must invest heavily when we can in a top goalkeeper.

November 01, 2020, 11:33:28 PM
Reply #61

Waltzer

Not much.

Brought in to add cover but not competition.

Stick with him for now of course but we must invest heavily when we can in a top goalkeeper.
Fair enough, I tend to agree, but think it's about individuals taking their opportunity and think he did that today

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 02, 2020, 12:08:46 AM
Reply #62

Dr. Sponge

Thought he did very well today.

November 02, 2020, 12:13:33 AM
Reply #63

Fieldy618

Was our best player today which is embarrassing against Newcastle. Made some excellent saves, don't see how Carlo can put Pickford straight back in next week.

November 02, 2020, 12:29:59 AM
Reply #64

Mayor Farnum

Was our best player today which is embarrassing against Newcastle. Made some excellent saves, don't see how Carlo can put Pickford straight back in next week.

One save, wasn't it?
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

November 02, 2020, 12:32:29 AM
Reply #65

indiantoffee1975

One save, wasn't it?

Two. One from maximin in the first half and other in second half just after going 1-0 up. Think it was Longstaff

November 02, 2020, 12:41:29 AM
Reply #66

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Seemed to have more of an air of authority/confidence in the box, Pickford always appears to be shitting himself lately.

November 02, 2020, 12:42:21 AM
Reply #67

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
The fact he came for, caught and didnít  drop a ball is a massive upgrade
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 02, 2020, 12:44:09 AM
Reply #68

AllyBlue14

Couldn't believe my eyes when he called for, and subsequently claimed, a corner.

Has to play for the time being, there's no reason whatsoever to bring back Pickford until Olsen's form dips.

November 02, 2020, 12:46:36 AM
Reply #69

sam of the south

The fact he came for, caught and didnít  drop a ball is a massive upgrade

First time our keeper has done that since Nigel Martyn, probably, as Howard was obsessed with punching, and Pickford generally favours flapping.
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

November 02, 2020, 12:51:27 AM
Reply #70

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Really canít get my head around the fact that Carlo has told Olsen more or less doesnít matter how well you do today youíre back on the bench against United. Itís not as if Pickford has been in amazing form and just had to sit this one out for whatever reason, Picks has been shite, this guy didnít put a foot wrong so why drop him?

November 02, 2020, 01:27:59 AM
Reply #71

ajax_andy

He was really good I felt, that save from Longstaff was absolutely outstanding.  If that's his usual level he needs to be playing every week... An impressive debut!  His distribution was excellent too.

November 02, 2020, 01:33:20 AM
Reply #72

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Really canít get my head around the fact that Carlo has told Olsen more or less doesnít matter how well you do today youíre back on the bench against United. Itís not as if Pickford has been in amazing form and just had to sit this one out for whatever reason, Picks has been shite, this guy didnít put a foot wrong so why drop him?

Tbh I just think he said that to the cameras so that it doesnít become a big issue. I wouldnít be surprised to see Olsen in for th3 foreseeable

November 02, 2020, 01:34:35 AM
Reply #73

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
First time our keeper has done that since Nigel Martyn, probably, as Howard was obsessed with punching, and Pickford generally favours flapping.

I donít get keepers who donít. I used to love going for crosses - usually because I could wipe someone out to do it

November 02, 2020, 01:41:01 AM
Reply #74

sam of the south

I donít get keepers who donít. I used to love going for crosses - usually because I could wipe someone out to do it

And that is both expected and respected, unless you do it against Liverpool.
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau