November 23, 2020, 10:49:01 PM

Author Topic: Robin Olsen  (Read 4262 times)

October 06, 2020, 02:24:27 PM
Read 4262 times

bigdunc9

Anyone seen this guy play? I have watched his YouTube reel but every keeper looks amazing when you see there best saves.
I wonder if he's been bought in for 1st choice? What's going to happen to lossl , thought he looked decent for Huddersfield and was here to challenge Pickford for number 1?

October 06, 2020, 02:33:50 PM
Reply #1

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Havenít seen him but has a decent CV and at 6í5 has what Pickford doesnít have.

October 06, 2020, 03:42:28 PM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
He's got some pretty big mistakes in him by the looks of things. My worry is that he comes in for Pickford (probably inevitable as a mistake is only a game away) and plays poorly himself which leaves us swapping the two around throughout the season.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

October 06, 2020, 03:47:36 PM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
He's got some pretty big mistakes in him by the looks of things. My worry is that he comes in for Pickford (probably inevitable as a mistake is only a game away) and plays poorly himself which leaves us swapping the two around throughout the season.

Ederson, Alison, De Gea all have some pretty big mistakes in them, problem is Pickford has more than all of them at the moment. I think that thereís a half glass full way of looking at this too, Pickford ups his game and if not Olsen comes in, pulls off a couple of worldies and keeps the no.1 spot for the rest of the season.

October 06, 2020, 04:20:00 PM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Haven’t seen him but has a decent CV and at 6’5 has what Pickford doesn’t have.
Decent cv?

Not sure on that
30 year old with 220 appearances in mostly tin pot leagues
Simply simply lovely

October 06, 2020, 04:48:30 PM
Reply #5

Bluenose 91

It's more a case of us being able to actually drop Pickford if and when his next daft mistake comes.

It's not even like we're calling on the keeper to make 4-5 big saves a game as we've been mainly on the front foot and defending well generally.

It's the stupid ones like Saturdays mistake that are going to cost Pickford his place.  If Olsen can just do the basics he'll be an upgrade in the short term.

October 06, 2020, 04:55:49 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Looks fuckin shite this fella
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 06, 2020, 05:00:57 PM
Reply #7

Shogun

Administrator
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

October 06, 2020, 05:02:55 PM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Been solid enough when I've seen him play for Sweden.

I'd rather this than someone who's been sitting on his arse for the last few years.

Next summer will be the time to get a quality keeper in. Now it's just about having somebody that's solid enough to come in for pickford for a few games.

I'm sure when that happens he'll get dropped and pickford will be back in eventually, but that few weeks off could make a massive difference.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 06, 2020, 05:10:40 PM
Reply #9

Gary1878

This is about competition for Pickford and someone that can push him to become better, not to replace him. They clearly didn't think Lossl was that man.

It's quite a big sign though that during this year and next summer we will be looking for Pickford's replacement.

October 06, 2020, 05:13:51 PM
Reply #10

Bluebridge

I remember Southall being dropped  for Jim Arnold, and look what happened to big Nev after that!

October 06, 2020, 06:33:01 PM
Reply #11

ajax_andy

He won't be starting against Liverpool, he's there to tell Pickford that if he drops one in the net against them he'll be replaced for the foreseeable future.

It's as good as we could get on loan and makes perfect sense.  Hopefully he'll not be used as Pickford will up his game in response, it's exactly what he needs.

People not happy with the signing need to understand the very basic fact that we have prioritised other positions, and there wasn't any money left to replace Pickford with a top class alternative.  So a signing like this is a good move to see us through to the summer.

No real downside to an experienced loaner like this, we have competition for the keeper role and it'll push one of them to be good enough for this season.

October 06, 2020, 06:38:18 PM
Reply #12

Heisenberg

Yep, not sure I ever want this guy to play. There isnít really any coming back once you drop your number 1. Rather not further ruin Pickford, for someone who is likely to make the same errors

October 06, 2020, 07:04:43 PM
Reply #13

dekko

One wonders how sh*t Lossi really is.

October 06, 2020, 07:06:32 PM
Reply #14

markB

We need big Andy on Toffee TV to tell us all about him 100% sure he will have a vid out today for us

Was he the keeper they signed to replace Alisson ?