November 30, 2020, 11:55:29 PM

Author Topic: Robin Olsen  (Read 4401 times)

October 06, 2020, 11:36:08 PM
Reply #30

Mayor Farnum

Best scenario all round is if JP gets his confidence back.
Fresh start after the break. He's still the best keeper at the club we have to get behind him.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

October 07, 2020, 02:24:19 AM
Reply #31

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
He might be here to be dropped in favour of Pickford.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 07, 2020, 03:12:05 AM
Reply #32

Jamokachi

I think a lot of fans underestimate how hard it is to sign decent back up when youíre a club in our position, and that a reality check is probably in order.

October 07, 2020, 03:20:44 AM
Reply #33

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber

Not a single one of these saves on his highlight reel was anything special. They were all decent, bread and butter saves I would expect any professional to make.

But maybe that's him? He does all the basics very well without having anything spectacular in his locker that would make him a top level keeper.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 07, 2020, 03:24:54 AM
Reply #34

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Not a single one of these saves on his highlight reel was anything special. They were all decent, bread and butter saves I would expect any professional to make.

But maybe that's him? He does all the basics very well without having anything spectacular in his locker that would make him a top level keeper.
Nah...not havin that...there are a number of worldwide saves there, letís not get carried away with negativity here.

October 07, 2020, 03:29:29 AM
Reply #35

Jamokachi

Nah...not havin that...there are a number of worldwide saves there, let's not get carried away with negativity here.

October 07, 2020, 03:43:46 AM
Reply #36

Waltzer

Id be happy with someone that does the bread and butter stuff well

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 07, 2020, 03:51:00 AM
Reply #37

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Picture that with a Kodak
Or, better yet, go to Times Square
Take a picture of me with a Kodak
Took my life from negative to positive
I just want y'all to know that
Simply simply lovely

October 07, 2020, 04:41:10 AM
Reply #38

ajax_andy

Watched it until the third save where he did a triple save and decided this post made no sense what so ever.

I mean maybe every save after that is standard, but at least give some credit to that one, it's excellent!

October 07, 2020, 04:57:45 AM
Reply #39

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

Thereís some very good saves in there - third one stood out in particular. Obviously we are only seeing the positives in this but a few things stand out for me here. 1) his positioning/movement seems to be better than Pickfordís and 2) He is a big physical presence in the box.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 07, 2020, 05:01:08 AM
Reply #40

Mayor Farnum

I know it's highlights chosen to show him in a good light but he got down well to a lot of low shots for a man of 6'5". Most of his parrys went wide of the goal and he looked quite agile.
No footage of corners or crosses though and in the PL he'll face plenty of them.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

October 07, 2020, 05:01:31 AM
Reply #41

ajax_andy

Also let's not judge a player on YouTube... Judge him on if / when he plays for us, because really none of us know if he'll be great, awful or somewhere in between.  He might not even play a single minute for us, but if he does I'm not writing him off (or expecting high quality performances) based on a YouTube video.

October 07, 2020, 05:47:03 AM
Reply #42

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Gets mentioned here as a big part of Cagliari's recent success https://statsbomb.com/2019/11/can-cagliari-turn-a-hot-start-into-a-historic-season/

In addition to their battering ram, Cagliari also lost Alessio Cragno to injury, the goalkeeper who in their last edition of Serie A saved the most goals, compared to the average keeper (9.93 goals saved above average). In his place came Robin Olsen, ill-treated goalkeeper of AS Roma, currently a key performer in the success of Maran's team.

Cagliari are indeed overperforming, having conceded just 9 non-penalty goals from 13.18 xG, a feat accomplished largely thanks to their Swedish keeper. Olsen has saved 85% of the shots he has faced, 14% more shots than the average keeper (the associated expected save percentage is just 71%). He also has the highest GSAA,, 6.68, in Serie A. In other words, he's preventing 0.56 goals more than the average keeper every game he plays, but he wonít necessarily keep this form for the entire season.
_________

In regards to claiming crosses etc....stats profiles of him show that he is one of the least aggressive claimers of the ball in europes 5 big leagues. 9/10 he chooses to stay on his line than come out and claim a cross :

https://twitter.com/StatsBomb/status/1076062184528998400?s=19

https://twitter.com/StatsBomb/status/1088168842742980623?s=19
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 07, 2020, 06:00:00 AM
Reply #43

Kilvin

Gets mentioned here as a big part of Cagliari's recent success https://statsbomb.com/2019/11/can-cagliari-turn-a-hot-start-into-a-historic-season/

In addition to their battering ram, Cagliari also lost Alessio Cragno to injury, the goalkeeper who in their last edition of Serie A saved the most goals, compared to the average keeper (9.93 goals saved above average). In his place came Robin Olsen, ill-treated goalkeeper of AS Roma, currently a key performer in the success of Maran's team.

Cagliari are indeed overperforming, having conceded just 9 non-penalty goals from 13.18 xG, a feat accomplished largely thanks to their Swedish keeper. Olsen has saved 85% of the shots he has faced, 14% more shots than the average keeper (the associated expected save percentage is just 71%). He also has the highest GSAA,, 6.68, in Serie A. In other words, he's preventing 0.56 goals more than the average keeper every game he plays, but he wonít necessarily keep this form for the entire season.
_________

In regards to claiming crosses etc....stats profiles of him show that he is one of the least aggressive claimers of the ball in europes 5 big leagues. 9/10 he chooses to stay on his line than come out and claim a cross :

https://twitter.com/StatsBomb/status/1076062184528998400?s=19

https://twitter.com/StatsBomb/status/1088168842742980623?s=19

Well at least the defence will know what he's going to do on corners and just worry about defending the corner and not about whatever Pickford is going to do. Assuming he actually plays that is.

Save stats look good but would be curious to see how Cagliari defend and what kind of chances they are

October 07, 2020, 06:27:44 AM
Reply #44

Jamokachi

Nicky Bandini says she doesn't expect him to push Pickford that hard.