November 29, 2020, 01:53:10 AM

Author Topic: Kit manufacturers and sponsors  (Read 33358 times)

October 18, 2020, 08:57:56 PM
Reply #765

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Brighton sponsored by American Express. Seems quite a big, global company for such a relatively small club with minimal exposure in PL terms. Anyone know if there's a story behind this.
I think their UK Offices are based in Brighton, a mate of mine used to work for them and was based there

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 18, 2020, 09:23:46 PM
Reply #766

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Brighton sponsored by American Express. Seems quite a big, global company for such a relatively small club with minimal exposure in PL terms. Anyone know if there's a story behind this.
Biggest employer in Brighton, U.K headquarters there.

October 18, 2020, 10:06:09 PM
Reply #767

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

Somewhere last year I saw a list of shirt sponsors vs cost of sponsorship, and despite AmEx arguably being the biggest name, it's the least invested sponsorship. It was something shocking like less than £1m or close to that.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

October 18, 2020, 10:19:00 PM
Reply #768

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah @Mayor Farnum check this out. Not entirely sure the validity of the report, but here's the list from 1-20.

2019/20 Premier League sponsorship revenue

Though the article also makes note: "By contrast, Brightonís partnership with American Express is the cheapest in the league, at just £1.5 million. However, the financial services companyís shirt sponsorship is part of a wider long-term commercial partnership with the Seagulls which includes naming rights to Brightonís home stadium."

October 18, 2020, 10:35:36 PM
Reply #769

Mayor Farnum

Yeah @Mayor Farnum check this out. Not entirely sure the validity of the report, but here's the list from 1-20.

2019/20 Premier League sponsorship revenue

Though the article also makes note: "By contrast, Brightonís partnership with American Express is the cheapest in the league, at just £1.5 million. However, the financial services companyís shirt sponsorship is part of a wider long-term commercial partnership with the Seagulls which includes naming rights to Brig
htonís home stadium."
Interesting. The drop off from the top six to everyone else is alarming.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

October 18, 2020, 10:52:35 PM
Reply #770

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Interesting. The drop off from the top six to everyone else is alarming.

Yup. Directly tied to "eyes on the matches." If you don't 'splurge' on an every-match package globally, the chosen televised games are guaranteed to feature 1 of those 6 teams. In other words, a lot more people see Chevrolet every weekend than did SportPesa.

October 19, 2020, 12:07:59 AM
Reply #771

sam of the south

I think their UK Offices are based in Brighton, a mate of mine used to work for them and was based there

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Correct
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

October 19, 2020, 01:27:38 PM
Reply #772

BlueNoseMike

Yup. Directly tied to "eyes on the matches." If you don't 'splurge' on an every-match package globally, the chosen televised games are guaranteed to feature 1 of those 6 teams. In other words, a lot more people see Chevrolet every weekend than did SportPesa.

Even in countries that do pay for all the matches, the big 6 will be the most watched teams

November 17, 2020, 11:39:22 PM
Reply #773

Macca77

Loving the new training gear, bit pricey like but really nice

November 18, 2020, 04:24:45 AM
Reply #774

Bob Sacamano

Loving the new training gear, bit pricey like but really nice

I bought some generic Hummel training gear and I must say Iím very impressed with it. Seems really tough wearing and itís stitching and other things, like how theyíve designed the zip, is miles ahead of the Nike/Adi gear Iíve got in the same price range.