October 30, 2020, 02:19:21 AM

Author Topic: International Blues,  (Read 4336 times)

October 10, 2020, 07:23:06 AM
Reply #45

Old England Toffee

Nice! Been hunting for one as I can't sleep. I see James had a hand in the first goal (assisted the assister)
yeah hes bossing it, I watch all the south american games and hes been quiet for years or injured. Great to see him back to his best, and better that Everton has played a part in that. Hes ghosting around linking everything up, lovely stuff.

October 10, 2020, 07:23:08 AM
Reply #46

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
Another stream here. Columbia. James has scored. 3-0. Half time. :)

http://cricfree.org/soccer/colombia-venezuela-cfd8g55i?l=1546168576
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

October 10, 2020, 07:35:00 AM
Reply #47

Old England Toffee

James has scored

not in the game Im watching he hasnt?¿??¿?¿¿?  :eh:

October 10, 2020, 07:40:50 AM
Reply #48

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
not in the game Im watching he hasnt?¿??¿?¿¿?  :eh:

I've only just put it on. James' scored, I got off Twitter. Cheers! Duly corrected. :)
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

October 10, 2020, 07:43:42 AM
Reply #49

Old England Toffee

3 subs James and Mina still on, allowing 5 subs in these games

October 10, 2020, 09:30:07 AM
Reply #50

Old England Toffee

Summary of Brazil game. Weverton and Everton start, Everton off, Richarlison on, a different Everton on. 5 goals.

Coasting when Richy came on but he looked as fit as a terry butchers dog.

James was tactically substituted off, not injured repeat not injured just awesome and ours.

October 10, 2020, 02:06:22 PM
Reply #51

toffee_scot

Love how in Brazil you hear players called Everton (or Weverton or even Ewerthon). Be interesting to know where this came from considering you don’t hear of people called Liverpool or Juventus for example.

October 10, 2020, 02:26:12 PM
Reply #52

Jamokachi

Love how in Brazil you hear players called Everton (or Weverton or even Ewerthon). Be interesting to know where this came from considering you don’t hear of people called Liverpool or Juventus for example.

According to Google:

"The name Everton is a boy's name meaning "wild boar settlement". This geographical name, which belongs to an English Premier League football club, is popular in soccer-mad Brazil."

It also seems to have become very popular in Brazil in the 80's especially, so maybe it is to do with us?

October 10, 2020, 02:41:24 PM
Reply #53

Toffee_4_Life

Not our player I know but the right back we were linked with; Arias, suffered a horrendous ankle break/dislocation in the Colombia game.

October 10, 2020, 03:50:56 PM
Reply #54

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Summary of Brazil game. Weverton and Everton start, Everton off, Richarlison on, a different Everton on. 5 goals.

Coasting when Richy came on but he looked as fit as a terry butchers dog.

James was tactically substituted off, not injured repeat not injured just awesome and ours.

How long did James play for ?

October 10, 2020, 06:07:06 PM
Reply #55

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
How long did James play for ?

Subbed after 74 minutes. Saw the game from 35 minutes in. James' got clattered once or twice, but nothing serious. Some of the defence splitting passes he plays, are off the scale in quality. Had a good game, as did Mina.:)

October 10, 2020, 11:04:03 PM
Reply #56

Old England Toffee

According to Google:

"The name Everton is a boy's name meaning "wild boar settlement". This geographical name, which belongs to an English Premier League football club, is popular in soccer-mad Brazil."

It also seems to have become very popular in Brazil in the 80's especially, so maybe it is to do with us?
Yeah there are lots of Linekars too in Brazil. We will have to wait a few years to see a generation of Dominiccalvertlewininho's

October 10, 2020, 11:09:18 PM
Reply #57

Old England Toffee

Subbed after 74 minutes. Saw the game from 35 minutes in. James' got clattered once or twice, but nothing serious. Some of the defence splitting passes he plays, are off the scale in quality. Had a good game, as did Mina.:)
Yeah was awesome to watch him boss it, a lot of people in south america acting like he has always been quality but ive seen him be quiet for colombia the last couple of years, but maybe not match fit. So much control Mina didnt have to do much work, and James could go where he wanted linking up and playing like he has the game in slow motion. There was a foul where a Vennuezuelan player got book, he went to go through him but was way to slow for 0019, James jumped over the tackle and on his way down put his studs in the players back, his little bit of snide is the cherry on the cake.

October 10, 2020, 11:18:04 PM
Reply #58

WeimaranerBlues

If he could get away with it , love him to leave one on Robertson , then switch sides and do Arnold

October 10, 2020, 11:53:27 PM
Reply #59

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah was awesome to watch him boss it, a lot of people in south america acting like he has always been quality but ive seen him be quiet for colombia the last couple of years, but maybe not match fit. So much control Mina didnt have to do much work, and James could go where he wanted linking up and playing like he has the game in slow motion. There was a foul where a Vennuezuelan player got book, he went to go through him but was way to slow for 0019, James jumped over the tackle and on his way down put his studs in the players back, his little bit of snide is the cherry on the cake.

He actually wins the ball back quite a bit, "which I was surprised about." Only the balls that haven't travelled too far from him, to have to run after. He's economical with his efforts to keep his energy for the little sprints; not to beat another player, but to dart into space. I don't think I've ever seen a player like him before. Lovely to watch.