October 30, 2020, 01:53:05 AM

Author Topic: Favourite Everton goal  (Read 2357 times)

October 08, 2020, 06:21:09 AM
Reply #60

blueski

It’ll always be this one for me. I used to sit in the corner by the gwladys about two rows back. When the goal went in I started jumping up and down in the aisle when all of a sudden about 30 fellas came battering into me. So there’s me in the middle of this scrum with one foot over the wall and one in the seating area and Andy Johnson’s baldy head just appears in front of me. Obviously I just grabbed his head and screamed into it. I thought the feeling in my shoe was hail stones when walking back through the cemetery but it turned out to be some of the gravel they used to have. I’ve still got it somewhere.

Haha was going to say this one as well - there was something special in the air that night between the lateness of the strike and the sudden hail storm
Nil Satis

October 08, 2020, 06:24:15 AM
Reply #61

BlueWool

October 08, 2020, 06:52:06 AM
Reply #62

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Lovely ball by Rooney for scholes there.

Don't think I was at this game, I think we watched it in the living room, can remember jumping around us all shouting our heads off. Best CB in the country getting manhandled like a common car burglar by the big man.

I remember looking up towards the main stand after that goal and being genuinely scared it was going to cave in it was rocking that much.

Say what you want about him but he’s pure Everton. We’ll be looking back at the Chelsea game from last season as the beginning of something.

Lukaku vs Chelsea in the cup. Dragged us through to a semi final with a brilliant individual effort. Was pure limbs that night.

Baines vs Leicester. Should’ve meant much more but in that moment it was special.

Also, Lee Carsley against Birmingham to make it 2-1 at the death with a beauty from the edge of the box. Purely for the Lower G singing oh tommy tommy thinking it was gravesen.

Rooneys hattrick goal as well. Was right behind that in the Upper G and to see that ball float in from the half way line was a thing of beauty.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 08, 2020, 07:06:50 AM
Reply #63

blueski

Well this one always was memorable to me also

Moments before the supporters booed Heitinga coming on and he scores the winner with his first touch of the ball. Goodison erupts and Neville and the other players rightly have a go at the supporters for booing him. Taught me a lesson I've never forgot LOL.
Nil Satis

October 08, 2020, 08:09:22 AM
Reply #64

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Carsley against Liverpool with the iconic pile on afterwards !!
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

October 08, 2020, 08:11:07 AM
Reply #65

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Well this one always was memorable to me also

Moments before the supporters booed Heitinga coming on and he scores the winner with his first touch of the ball. Goodison erupts and Neville and the other players rightly have a go at the supporters for booing him. Taught me a lesson I've never forgot LOL.

Was an away game wasn’t it??
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

October 08, 2020, 08:51:40 AM
Reply #66

Old England Toffee

Were all gonna have a new favourite goal pretty soon, you can feel it coming

October 08, 2020, 11:17:31 AM
Reply #67

TSGun

Were all gonna have a new favourite goal pretty soon, you can feel it coming
I have been wondering if there's a market for James scoring the goal of the season?
Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all. The needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before.

October 08, 2020, 03:59:55 PM
Reply #68

Bluenose 91

I remember looking up towards the main stand after that goal and being genuinely scared it was going to cave in it was rocking that much.

Say what you want about him but he’s pure Everton. We’ll be looking back at the Chelsea game from last season as the beginning of something.

Lukaku vs Chelsea in the cup. Dragged us through to a semi final with a brilliant individual effort. Was pure limbs that night.

Baines vs Leicester. Should’ve meant much more but in that moment it was special.

Also, Lee Carsley against Birmingham to make it 2-1 at the death with a beauty from the edge of the box. Purely for the Lower G singing oh tommy tommy thinking it was gravesen.

Rooneys hattrick goal as well. Was right behind that in the Upper G and to see that ball float in from the half way line was a thing of beauty.

The Lukaku one is a shout.  A rare moment of Goodison absolutely rocking in those dire final two Martinez seasons.

Lukaku vs Arsenal in the 3-0 went off as well.

October 08, 2020, 05:09:30 PM
Reply #69

BlueForYou

3 from the 70s:

Martin Dobson v Liverpool 1976

Bob Latchford for his hat-trick and our sixth v Coventry 1977

Andy King v Liverpool 1978
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 08, 2020, 06:05:07 PM
Reply #70

Trowel

Barkley vs City was absolute top drawer, but ultimately meant nothing.

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

October 08, 2020, 06:19:19 PM
Reply #71

UnsyisaRhino

Ossie vs Larissa. I couldn't make the game and to watch it from home, energy up launching 3/4 of a pint all over the place.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 06:20:35 PM by UnsyisaRhino »

October 08, 2020, 11:17:08 PM
Reply #72

BlueForYou

Best ever:

Jimmy Husband v Chelsea 1971

Special mention:

Adrian Heath v Norwich 1986

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 09, 2020, 12:21:13 AM
Reply #73

Paddockoldie

What a killer question... like picking your favourite child.
Andy King against them will always stay with me. After the game the ground remained almost full, all singing "Oh, Andy is our King!!"... never forget that.
Sharp against them.. brilliant goal and celebrated it whilst fighting near the middle of the Kop.. his goal against Spurs won GOTS too.
Gray, Stevens, Sheedy... Dunc, Saha when fit in the head. Yak, Latchford against Coventry was special with Thomas picking him out. Davie Jones against Bolton in the cup that sent us to Wembley. So fucking tough.
I'll stick to King because it was a proud day for us because those bastards ruled then.

October 09, 2020, 01:29:14 AM
Reply #74

cantoffee

Its a crime that we didn't win that game against Arsenal when Pienaar scored.

Too many big goals for us over the last 20 years that ended up not leading to anything. Obviously can remember those moments and those feelings but just wish we could fucking win something for once!

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app