October 22, 2020, 04:45:17 PM

Author Topic: Sooo...Josh King anyone?  (Read 4788 times)

October 08, 2020, 01:25:07 AM
Read 4788 times

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
ToffeeTV's News Daily segment today featured some news re: Everton being the "frontrunners to land [King]" after it was reported he turned down Sevilla & another club over the weekend.

Though they don't cite any sources, Ped & Baz have close ties to the Club and several others who also have close ties. Not entirely ITK but they're often on to something.

So far only the Echo has run any sort of rumor/story on this potential signing, so maybe bears watching over the next week.

Thoughts?
Playing FM20 24/7.

October 08, 2020, 01:28:14 AM
Reply #1

Deano Blue Boy

You must be Josh King?

October 08, 2020, 01:30:37 AM
Reply #2

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Playing FM20 24/7.

October 08, 2020, 01:33:32 AM
Reply #3

velimski

I would quite like him for this season but would want someone better on a permanent deal next summer, and there's no way Bournemouth are going to loan him out since his contract is up at the end of the season. Someone will buy him.

So in the short term yes, but not really beyond that.

October 08, 2020, 01:35:46 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Good utility front man. Would be useful for not much money. Not over 18 mill though.
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

October 08, 2020, 01:49:56 AM
Reply #5

kramer0

I can see why wed need him this season but I hate paying for short-term squad depth as a general principle.

October 08, 2020, 02:00:57 AM
Reply #6

KoemansNumberTens

Surely with him in his last year and Bournemouth having been relegated hell be going very cheap. Think hell leave for somewhere between 10-15m. Hes cheap, we are short upfront and hes a decent player. Yes please and in 12 months wed still make a profit if we wanted to move him on

October 08, 2020, 02:12:16 AM
Reply #7

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Surely with him in his last year and Bournemouth having been relegated hell be going very cheap. Think hell leave for somewhere between 10-15m. Hes cheap, we are short upfront and hes a decent player. Yes please and in 12 months wed still make a profit if we wanted to move him on

This is what I was thinking. As close to 10m as we can get and I think he's a great buy who checks a couple boxes in that he can play both CF & RW as a starter or as a sub.
Playing FM20 24/7.

October 08, 2020, 02:13:47 AM
Reply #8

velimski

Has he actually played much on the right? Seem to recall him mainly playing on the left.

October 08, 2020, 02:16:39 AM
Reply #9

sam of the south

Has he actually played much on the right? Seem to recall him mainly playing on the left.

No, hes mainly a second striker or LW.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

October 08, 2020, 02:20:56 AM
Reply #10

Robioto

Not sure how much Greg O'Keefe knows but he wrote this in the comments section in and Athletic article this morning:

October 08, 2020, 02:31:12 AM
Reply #11

sam of the south

Not sure how much Greg O'Keefe knows but he wrote this in the comments section in and Athletic article this morning:

Could you make that image a bit bigger, Rob.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

October 08, 2020, 02:32:31 AM
Reply #12

ajax_andy

Basically the best we can sign given the leagues we can buy from.

However it's now a seller's market as Bournemouth know he's the best anyone can buy and regardless of his contract situation will hike the price as much as they can, meaning it's unlikely to happen.

October 08, 2020, 02:33:25 AM
Reply #13

Robioto

Could you make that image a bit bigger, Rob.

Haha.

I would have copy and pasted the text but I was on the app on my phone and it wouldn't let me do that, so I took a screenshot.

October 08, 2020, 02:52:14 AM
Reply #14

Old England Toffee

makes sense what gregg oh queef says, I guess if we can shift 2 or 3 more out then we might be in for him. Very good player, without being super exciting, will be a piece of piss selling him without a loss next year as well at the price mentioned