November 01, 2020, 04:02:43 AM

Author Topic: Sooo...Josh King anyone?  (Read 4936 times)

October 08, 2020, 08:50:59 PM
Reply #45

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldnt mind it but I think better players will be available in January and we can cope until then.

While probably true, Brands hates to do any kind of incoming business in that window. It also seems he's been working extremely hard at negotiating the best possible costs to the club, so it's hard to do in that window as well.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

October 08, 2020, 09:19:30 PM
Reply #46

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Would have thought wed only be doing an emergency loan in Jan for all the reasons stated.

Re King, Ive read stories saying that Bournemouth were accepting of instalments as they were desperate to get him off the wage bill so I dont think its one where they hold all the cards

October 08, 2020, 09:42:44 PM
Reply #47

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Would have thought we’d only be doing an emergency loan in Jan for all the reasons stated.

Re King, I’ve read stories saying that Bournemouth were accepting of instalments as they were desperate to get him off the wage bill so I don’t think it’s one where they hold all the cards
10m and a pay cut. He wants to be in the pl and they want him off their wage bill
Simply simply lovely

October 08, 2020, 10:37:18 PM
Reply #48

ajax_andy

With DCL being told to play more between the sticks and not work the channels as much these days I wonder just how Tosun would fare if we didn't sign anyone?

He's a good finisher even if the rest of his game is pretty average... It's possible he could do reasonably well as a poacher in our new creative team, so maybe that's why we've let Kean go without the funds to replace him?

October 08, 2020, 10:41:49 PM
Reply #49

Free Agent

With DCL being told to play more between the sticks and not work the channels as much these days I wonder just how Tosun would fare if we didn't sign anyone?

He's a good finisher even if the rest of his game is pretty average... It's possible he could do reasonably well as a poacher in our new creative team, so maybe that's why we've let Kean go without the funds to replace him?

Its been said that DCL is a difficult opponent for CBs because hes so mobile, always on the move and a constant pest to the opposition. The only way I see Tosun annoy his opposite number is when his hair falls out and sticks to the defenders shirt.

October 08, 2020, 10:45:12 PM
Reply #50

ajax_andy

Its been said that DCL is a difficult opponent for CBs because hes so mobile, always on the move and a constant pest to the opposition. The only way I see Tosun annoy his opposite number is when his hair falls out and sticks to the defenders shirt.

Yeah there's no way Tosun has half the game of DCL, but if you lay it to him in a decent position he's a threat.  Not ideal but not sure King is either, although he'd be more of a pain to play against coming on after 70 mins with a tiring defence

October 08, 2020, 11:02:49 PM
Reply #51

Mayor Farnum

If he goes to West Ham it means we were never interested in the first place.

However if we do get him he's a 100% upgrade on Tosun.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

October 08, 2020, 11:15:35 PM
Reply #52

Sixymack Version2.0

Always liked him.  Worried about his injury record but would add another physically strong player to the squad.  Would be nice if we could unload someone in a swap/loan deal

October 09, 2020, 06:15:00 AM
Reply #53

Hawkandro

If we want a stop gap for the season, Mandzukic is on a free. Guess it would depend on his wages and signing on fee though.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 10, 2020, 07:15:52 PM
Reply #54

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
If we want a stop gap for the season, Mandzukic is on a free. Guess it would depend on his wages and signing on fee though.

Thought he was coming to the MLS? Maybe it was a different aging striker.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

October 11, 2020, 03:09:38 AM
Reply #55

Hawkandro

West Ham rumoured to be close to agreeing terms for Benrahma. Can't help but think we are missing a trick there. Especially after losing Walcott and Kean.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 11, 2020, 03:10:41 AM
Reply #56

Cereal Killer

West Ham rumoured to be close to agreeing terms for Benrahma. Can't help but think we are missing a trick there. Especially after losing Walcott and Kean.

Nah weve got plenty of left sided attacking mids

October 12, 2020, 05:23:13 PM
Reply #57

arteta4spain

Reckon well bring him or someone else in? West Ham sniffing. I just think we need a forward in and with Walcott and a few others going were light and Id expect King to wanna come to us rather than West Ham. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

October 12, 2020, 08:45:37 PM
Reply #58

Waltzer

How many times have we missed a trick though, we apparently missed a trick with Haller and who cares now, and I bet there will be hundreds more. We only miss a trick if it's someone we identified that we don't get, so I'd throw Gabriel into that, but we got Godfrey instead, so was missing that trick a blessing in disguise, time will tell.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 12, 2020, 08:50:48 PM
Reply #59

Shogun

Administrator
West Ham building themselves a decent championship side there.

Benrahma is class to be fair but considering Yarmolenko, Lanzini and Anderson are on the bench every week then I'm not sure West Ham is the best place for someone of his style.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.