November 01, 2020, 04:42:40 AM

Author Topic: Sooo...Josh King anyone?  (Read 4937 times)

October 12, 2020, 09:48:52 PM
Reply #60

bigmanbob

Its been said that DCL is a difficult opponent for CBs because hes so mobile, always on the move and a constant pest to the opposition. The only way I see Tosun annoy his opposite number is when his hair falls out and sticks to the defenders shirt.
Baldist

October 12, 2020, 10:11:14 PM
Reply #61

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
West Ham building themselves a decent championship side there.

Benrahma is class to be fair but considering Yarmolenko, Lanzini and Anderson are on the bench every week then I'm not sure West Ham is the best place for someone of his style.

Typical Moyes' approach though these type of signings and more often than not he does ok picking players out of that league to be fair.

I actually thought West Ham in general were looking pretty decent in recent weeks in the PL. Moyes doesn't mind some flair players in the team, but they have to be willing to put in a shift and that's probably why some of those players aren't getting a look in.

West Ham should be solid midtable this year.

October 12, 2020, 10:22:41 PM
Reply #62

American Evertonian

West Ham rumoured to be close to agreeing terms for Benrahma. Can't help but think we are missing a trick there. Especially after losing Walcott and Kean.

Fee looks rumored to be around 30m with all the add ons. A little too steep IMO
Are we there yet?

October 13, 2020, 09:25:03 PM
Reply #63

Hawkandro

Only clubs to be linked to him have been Chelsea and West Ham; guessing he wants to stay in London.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 13, 2020, 11:02:07 PM
Reply #64

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

And by little you mean a good, solid 18m too steep.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

October 16, 2020, 12:45:14 AM
Reply #65

Shogun

Administrator
This likely then or... ?
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

October 16, 2020, 01:17:58 AM
Reply #66

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
This likely then or... ?

Dunno but if we do sign him its not a panic buy, it means Carlo thinks he has a part to play and thats good enough for me.

October 16, 2020, 02:07:12 AM
Reply #67

GrantyBoy78

Hes on 90k at Bournemouth and wants  an improved contract is he was to move, apparently - that appears to be the biggest turn-off for interested clubs.

Id like to think hed accept a sensible offer to join us and be part of what were building.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

October 16, 2020, 02:14:27 AM
Reply #68

Mayor Farnum

This is probably going to be his last big contact so he'd take some convincing to take a drop in wages.
90 grand a week at Bournemouth, Jeez.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

October 16, 2020, 02:20:06 AM
Reply #69

Bluedylan

Go with Richarlison as first sub striker and then Ellis Simms til January. The window reopens in about 9 weeks.

Not remotely arsed about an overpriced, overrated Josh King.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 16, 2020, 02:31:28 AM
Reply #70

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Go with Richarlison as first sub striker and then Ellis Simms til January. The window reopens in about 9 weeks.

Nothing of better value (not saying King is of value) ever comes on January window.

October 16, 2020, 02:36:00 AM
Reply #71

Bluedylan

Nothing of better value (not saying King is of value) ever comes on January window.

Not necessarily true. VVD, Suarez, Vidic, Evra, Bruno Fernandes, Bergwyn, Haaland, Djeko, Doucoure, Ndidi, Matic, Aubemayang all moved to bigger clubs in January. Loads more as well.

Can be harder to get value, but as long as it's not a panic buy, and it's planned and strategic, you can get good players in January.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

October 16, 2020, 03:15:48 AM
Reply #72

Waltzer

This is probably going to be his last big contact so he'd take some convincing to take a drop in wages.
90 grand a week at Bournemouth, Jeez.
I can't believe he's on 90k a week at Bournemouth. Don't know how accurate this is but suggests it's 45k,which I'd say is right

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/afc-bournemouth/joshua-king-22685/

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 16, 2020, 03:17:58 AM
Reply #73

Danny

I agree completely, I think were now at the point where we need to be buying first choice signings and if theyre not available we wait until they are, or identify a new target.

Buying King for more than 10-15 million is a mistake imo no matter how good he seems.

October 16, 2020, 03:22:23 AM
Reply #74

Bluedylan

I agree completely, I think were now at the point where we need to be buying first choice signings and if theyre not available we wait until they are, or identify a new target.

Buying King for more than 10-15 million is a mistake imo no matter how good he seems.

I wasn't that fussed about signing James or Doucoure though, so be careful agreeing with me ;)