October 21, 2020, 07:50:20 PM

Author Topic: [News]Can Everton go all the way this season?  (Read 1142 times)

October 12, 2020, 01:33:35 AM
Read 1142 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Can Everton go all the way this season?

Everton are a club with a long history and tradition in the English Premier League. It's one of only seven clubs that have never been relegated, which, let's face it, is quite a feat.

Source: Can Everton go all the way this season?

October 12, 2020, 02:22:57 AM
Reply #1

Mayor Farnum

We'll have a better idea this time next week I suppose.
Personally I'm just enjoying Everton being a pleasure in my life again.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

October 12, 2020, 03:50:04 AM
Reply #2

Undisputed_blue

Possibly, but like MF said let's see next week.

We defend well and usually concede goals from outside the penalty box.

We also had ten different goal scorers in this short window.

Not many teams will stop our front three from scoring.

We still haven't played our strongest 11 yet.

Richarlison hasn't scored regularly in the league but have every confidence that he will.

October 12, 2020, 04:32:11 AM
Reply #3

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
We'll have a better idea this time next week I suppose.
Personally I'm just enjoying Everton being a pleasure in my life again.

Oh yes! ;D
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

October 12, 2020, 05:40:30 AM
Reply #4

Elgoodo1978

‘Twas fecking great earlier playing football in the park with my nine year old and his friends. For once he was wearing the cool top. Be landed to just get to next Sunday him being in the cool club, still dreamin though.

October 12, 2020, 01:59:14 PM
Reply #5

ajax_andy

I don't think we can go all the way, we're looking extremely good but to actually win the league would take something extraordinary.

Top 4 is achievable though, I'm confident we'll have a great crack at it and be there or thereabouts at the end of the season

October 12, 2020, 02:26:49 PM
Reply #6

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Common perception on Kopite forums is we caught Spurs on the hop with no pre season, stole the three points against Palace with a dodgy pen and otherwise beat two shirt teams, well, well know next Saturday if there’s any truth in this.

October 12, 2020, 02:53:05 PM
Reply #7

Paddockoldie

Whether we can go all the way is too specific. Have we evolved from the shit show we were for sure... if we beat the shite that will be a true statement of intent and will be a massive psychological boost. As already said, I miss not watching us now, rather than I don't mind missing us.

October 12, 2020, 03:47:30 PM
Reply #8

TSGun

So far there has been an air of unpredictability across the league that suggests perhaps this term there will be no promises to the usual suspects. There's a chance any number of teams at some point during the season will find themselves in a position to believe anything is possible.

It's all up for grabs.
Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all. The needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before.

October 12, 2020, 04:41:53 PM
Reply #9

Shogun

Administrator
If Leicester can win the league with Danny Simpson & Wes Morgan in defence and Ranieri at the helm then anything possible.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 01:48:08 AM by Shogun »
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

October 12, 2020, 05:29:44 PM
Reply #10

Undisputed_blue

Common perception on Kopite forums is we caught Spurs on the hop with no pre season, stole the three points against Palace with a dodgy pen and otherwise beat two shirt teams, well, well know next Saturday if there’s any truth in this.

Anyone who concedes 7 goals in a game doesn't deserve the league title.

October 12, 2020, 05:48:37 PM
Reply #11

Juanito

I think with an elite keeper we would give ourselves every chance of top 4.

October 12, 2020, 06:22:49 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think if we win all our games this season, we can.
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

October 12, 2020, 06:55:38 PM
Reply #13

april

Can Everton go all the way this season?

Everton are a club with a long history and tradition in the English Premier League. It's one of only seven clubs that have never been relegated, which, let's face it, is quite a feat.

The sooner references claiming football beginning with the Premier League stop, the better.
Source: Can Everton go all the way this season?
Toffeegirls Rule.

October 12, 2020, 07:33:25 PM
Reply #14

ally2

No. I think the season will grind to a halt anyway with players missing due to COVID.