October 22, 2020, 04:30:45 PM

Author Topic: [News]Can Everton go all the way this season?  (Read 1156 times)

October 12, 2020, 07:55:18 PM
Reply #15

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Possibly, but like MF said let's see next week.

We defend well and usually concede goals from outside the penalty box.

We also had ten different goal scorers in this short window.

Not many teams will stop our front three from scoring.

We still haven't played our strongest 11 yet.

Richarlison hasn't scored regularly in the league but have every confidence that he will.

What's our strongest XI? Or put another way, who's missing from this XI?

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Allan Gomes Doucoure
James DCL Richarlison

Holgate?
Playing FM20 24/7.

October 12, 2020, 07:58:34 PM
Reply #16

bornblue88

October 12, 2020, 08:05:37 PM
Reply #17

Undisputed_blue

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Allan Gomes Doucoure
James DCL Richarlison

Holgate?

Yeap Holgate, though I must admit Keane and Mina have done a fantastic job in that we haven't really missed him. But I like to think Holgate adds extra passing options throughout the team.

October 12, 2020, 08:50:09 PM
Reply #18

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Yeap Holgate, though I must admit Keane and Mina have done a fantastic job in that we haven't really missed him. But I like to think Holgate adds extra passing options throughout the team.

Yeah, it took me a minute to figure out what you might be thinking but only because Keane & Mina have been so good!
Playing FM20 24/7.

October 12, 2020, 09:31:27 PM
Reply #19

Mac934

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Allan Gomes Doucoure
James DCL Richarlison

Holgate?
Maybe add Gibson to that list, albeit untried yet.

October 12, 2020, 09:50:36 PM
Reply #20

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe add Gibson to that list, albeit untried yet.

How on earth is Gibson in the strongest 11?
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

October 12, 2020, 09:53:23 PM
Reply #21

Nicco

Since Mina and Keane has done so well maybe we should reinforce our defence with Holgate as well. Try him as keeper.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

October 12, 2020, 09:54:22 PM
Reply #22

Nicco

How on earth is Gibson in the strongest 11?
We dont know what he takes in bench press.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

October 12, 2020, 09:54:24 PM
Reply #23

Bluedylan

The test'll be when we have our first setback, or couple of bad performances. How will we bounce back? Will we go on 5/6 game run where we struggle?

I think we can go all the way to the Top 6, if things go well for us, and if we don't have any longterm periods of bad form.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 13, 2020, 01:38:25 AM
Reply #24

Paddockoldie

The test'll be when we have our first setback, or couple of bad performances. How will we bounce back? Will we go on 5/6 game run where we struggle?

I think we can go all the way to the Top 6, if things go well for us, and if we don't have any longterm periods of bad form.

I think we've partly answered that question already when you look at our reactions when we concede a goal. The old Everton would have panicked and perhaps conceded more as our heads would drop.
This Everton is more of a team, carrying confidence in each other and more resilient. We have players who can hurt you now and a system that supports them doing it.

October 13, 2020, 01:49:40 AM
Reply #25

Omar

Frankly it depends on the injury situation. If we have great health I think top 4 is definitely achievable.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

October 18, 2020, 02:41:30 PM
Reply #26

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

The way CoVid 19 is spreading at the moment, if the season has to be cancelled again - and thats a distinct possibility, there is a chance that whoever is currently top of the table will be awarded the title (or possibly by average points per game if it means one of the “big 6” goes top). Its a mad world at the moment, so you just never know.

October 18, 2020, 03:04:48 PM
Reply #27

Paddockoldie

The way CoVid 19 is spreading at the moment, if the season has to be cancelled again - and thats a distinct possibility, there is a chance that whoever is currently top of the table will be awarded the title (or possibly by average points per game if it means one of the “big 6” goes top). Its a mad world at the moment, so you just never know.

There would be UN and NATO involved if we were crowned champions. Their tower of Babel would crumble.

October 18, 2020, 03:14:31 PM
Reply #28

74Blue

If the season does get cancelled, the shite willl be clamouring for the title to just be awarded to them because they're already reigning champions and they've tried to give everyone else a chance by letting Villa put seven past them and have sacrificed  the league cup to let someone else have a go. They've been robbed by VAR and Van Dijk tripped over a big green thing and hurt his knee and needed a band-aid and everything but he was a very brave boy and didn't cry so Jurgen bought him a lollipop and an I've been a very brave boy sticker. Mane and Thiago have both had the rona, but have been really brave little soldiers and came back from the brink of death, only for that naughty Richarlison to viciously assault Thiago, causing his whole leg to completely fall off 10 minutes after the game ended and now he needs to go to the workshop to have it welded back on for next week.
Jordan Henderson was robbed of a perfectly good goal in the derby and it's soooo unfair that the title should just be awarded to Liverpool to keep forever and ever because they're the best team in the weeerld ever and they deserve to be compensated for the heinous crimes that occurred at Goodison Park yesterday.
If Jordan Pickford is not serving a life sentence for attempted meeeerder by the end of the week and Richarlison hasn't had his 3 match ban extended until May 2045, and the offside goal that Hendo scored isn't overturned and all the saves that.Pickford made not just awarded as goals since he shouldn't have even still been on the pitch, then Jurgen is going to write a strongly worded letter of complaint to the Guardian and demand that the title be handed to them because they've been through so much and have been treated soooo unfairly.