November 25, 2020, 03:01:54 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Man United  (Read 11897 times)

November 08, 2020, 04:34:08 AM
Reply #825

ajax_andy

Formations aren't the problem. We concede goals because we're not picking up the runners between our defensive line and midfield.

Yeah they found it far too easy to pass through us today, I'm not sure what the solution is though... I guess maybe play Holgate or Godfrey as a DM alongside Allan and Doucoure?

As we have Fulham I think next I can't imagine we'll be worrying about that, but Leeds if they're on their game may pose more of a threat with this.

November 08, 2020, 04:36:11 AM
Reply #826

bigdunc9

We dont need to make changes because we loose a game.
We just miss richarlison.

Again I thought we was alright today. We competed well.

But it's also good to hear Carlo saying it was not good enough. His expectations are alot higher than mine.

November 08, 2020, 04:46:01 AM
Reply #827

Alex6691

When were Bernards moments of magic. He had a good 10 minutes today and iwobi was still better than him. Iwobi is as clear as day a better player than Bernard

When Bernard does have a moment of magic he's capable of far more than Iwobi. Iwobi runs but that's about it. I've never seen anything from Iwobi to show why he had the rating of a potential star. He's about as useful as when Gylfi is on the pitch. Bernard is similar to when we had Mirallas, capable of great skill, a good goal and some assists but the problem is we don't see it anywhere near as much as we should. Mirallas was the same, had his moments but woefully inconsistent.

I do like Bernard and I'm glad we didn't loan him out in the last window as it'd have left us very short. That being said I agree with the shouts of wanting Gordon to come in and have a chance. Though, the problem with getting a young lad in now who has the expectation that he does is if he comes in and doesn't perform fans will get on his back. Evertonians for whatever reason are much harsher on our own than any other players, I feel.

I hope Gordon gets a chance but he's not the answer just yet.

November 08, 2020, 05:03:18 AM
Reply #828

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Bernard was very good today.

Flagged as the game went on but thatís to be expected as he hasnít played much.

Weíve all bemoaned how bad these players are when they come in and replace someone so we have to be happy with that performance.

Probably the first time this season a back up player has come in and performed.

He has actually put in a good run of performances for us so hopefully this is the start of something.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 08, 2020, 05:19:57 AM
Reply #829

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thought Bernard was bright and Iwobi was good when he came on.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 08, 2020, 05:28:43 AM
Reply #830

Mayor Farnum

Yeah they found it far too easy to pass through us today, I'm not sure what the solution is though... I guess maybe play Holgate or Godfrey as a DM alongside Allan and Doucoure?

As we have Fulham I think next I can't imagine we'll be worrying about that, but Leeds if they're on their game may pose more of a threat with this.

Not sure Godfrey needs a game in centre midfield after the way he struggled at full back last week.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

November 08, 2020, 02:17:14 PM
Reply #831

ajax_andy

Not sure Godfrey needs a game in centre midfield after the way he struggled at full back last week.

Yeah I don't know if that'd really work, but we need someone in there that can sit and cut out those passes between the lines... Allan has been great but he's not the type to sit and cut things out in the way a proper DM would.

November 08, 2020, 02:34:35 PM
Reply #832

Bluenose 91

I think when Richarlison is back we should go back to same system and players that we had such a good start with.

He's got massive issues but just get Gomes back in alongside Allan and Doucoure as thats looked the most balanced option so far.

The next 3 games are huge and can shape the season really.

November 08, 2020, 04:35:11 PM
Reply #833

ally2

November 08, 2020, 04:35:26 PM
Reply #834

formerKHL

My 2 cents....probably already been said.....

1. Thought Carlo got the selection wrong again today putting holgate straight back in the centre back pairing and playing Sigurdsson

The 2 goals were amateurish defending....watch the first goal Sigurdsson points to Fernandez running into the box then watches him do it and then runs towards the ball.....holgate doesnít react...the rest is history...

2. He has to protect the right flank better with his team selection and player positioning
3. Whenever Iíve watched manu this season opposition closed them down and pressed quickly..we did neither....
4. Leaving the right exposed meant a midfielder covering leaving open spaces for them to exploit and didnít they just.....
5. Playing a lone striker against 4 defenders will never work no matter how good he is...
6. Not loading the box with players when on the attack...how are we expected to score.....
7. I donít understand this passing around at the back sideways and backwards...on more than one  occasion yesterday we went more direct to get to the final third quicker only to pass It backwards again because their was no movement ahead of the ball and only one target man.....basically NO third man running.....
Not going to get into slagging players as itís probably already happened in this thread knowing some posters...
Will say though that what people have to remember and take into context is the squad depth is very poor and for the last 3 games a combination of 4 of our starting 11 have been missing....thatís 40% of our team....

Very disappointed but not panicking yet.....settle the starting 11 down decide on a formation and stick to it...it worked for the first seven games and can work again....
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 04:37:08 PM by formerKHL »