November 25, 2020, 02:13:18 AM

Poll

Who is more important?

Richarlison
James

Author Topic: Richarlison v James  (Read 2006 times)

November 02, 2020, 12:11:45 PM
Read 2006 times

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Who is more important to us?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Imam Jagne, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 02, 2020, 01:02:46 PM
Reply #1

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

November 02, 2020, 07:52:46 PM
Reply #2

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I'm actually going to say James.

Taking nothing away from Richy, at all, but he was part of the team that simply didn't work the past 2 years.

James changed our entire attack in 4 games.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

November 02, 2020, 07:58:20 PM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
While James is a proven world class talent, and he has transformed our attack, Richarlison is the heartbeat of the side. We saw at Southampton how bland we were, even with James in. James is the player that will unlock things with a moment of sheer magic, but it's Richy who carries us. He's more important. But the two together will be awesome once they find their understandings.
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

November 02, 2020, 08:01:42 PM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
James is brilliant but Richarlison is brilliant and can run.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

November 02, 2020, 08:13:00 PM
Reply #5

Waltzer

I'm actually going to say James.

Taking nothing away from Richy, at all, but he was part of the team that simply didn't work the past 2 years.

James changed our entire attack in 4 games.

Hmm, you put James into the side of the previous 2 years without Allan and Doucoure and see how good he looks.

November 02, 2020, 08:44:18 PM
Reply #6

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Hmm, you put James into the side of the previous 2 years without Allan and Doucoure and see how good he looks.

Well that's a past tense hypothetical. It's really pointless to consider it.

When looking at this year's team, all I'm saying is [someone]-DCL-James to me is more important than Richy-DCL-[someone]. Even more because we have multiple "someones" on the left to replace Richy, and absolutely none on the right to replace James.

Without James we're stuck in the same 442 that produced absolutely dreadful football. Even with Richy.

November 02, 2020, 09:21:43 PM
Reply #7

Waltzer

Well that's a past tense hypothetical. It's really pointless to consider it.

When looking at this year's team, all I'm saying is [someone]-DCL-James to me is more important than Richy-DCL-[someone]. Even more because we have multiple "someones" on the left to replace Richy, and absolutely none on the right to replace James.

Without James we're stuck in the same 442 that produced absolutely dreadful football. Even with Richy.

Yes and no, what you've done is compare the performances of 2 individuals based on how they played with differing teams. We had probably the most dysfunctional midfield in the league last year and you're holding that against Ricky.
Personally, I think, as with most good teams, they are stronger together. James has the option to do those sublime cross-field passes and through balls to Ricky and Ricky know they're gonna come and will be quality. When either is missing it massively negates what the other can do. Find it hard to differentiate their importance to the team

November 02, 2020, 09:24:19 PM
Reply #8

markB

only picked up on this yesterday we have not won a league game without Richarlison  something we really need to sort out

November 02, 2020, 09:28:19 PM
Reply #9

Cozzie

How many games has Richarlison missed though in total?

Can't be that many surely?

November 02, 2020, 09:34:58 PM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

It's 6 now I think. Drawn 4 lost 2.

Bit of a meaningless stat at the moment.
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

November 02, 2020, 09:35:54 PM
Reply #11

Cozzie

It's 6 now I think. Drawn 4 lost 2.

Bit of a meaningless stat at the moment.

That's what I mean.

Cant really say 6 games is much of a barometer can you?

November 02, 2020, 09:38:00 PM
Reply #12

NickNack

I’d like to say they’re bringing the best out of one another, and our attack - therefore to me they’re equally important

November 02, 2020, 09:45:00 PM
Reply #13

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Yes and no, what you've done is compare the performances of 2 individuals based on how they played with differing teams. We had probably the most dysfunctional midfield in the league last year and you're holding that against Ricky.
Personally, I think, as with most good teams, they are stronger together. James has the option to do those sublime cross-field passes and through balls to Ricky and Ricky know they're gonna come and will be quality. When either is missing it massively negates what the other can do. Find it hard to differentiate their importance to the team

Completely agree, but that wasn't what the thread was asking.

November 02, 2020, 09:47:05 PM
Reply #14

markB

Richarlison has missed six Premier League games out of a possible 82

Thank fuck its not that many he has to be playing when carrying injuries a lot

but we want both of them playing every game (dreams )