November 25, 2020, 03:25:04 AM

Author Topic: Seamus Coleman this season  (Read 1772 times)

November 09, 2020, 06:45:40 PM
Read 1772 times

Shogun

Administrator
Definitely still question marks over the RB spot and I'm not suggesting Coleman has been anywhere near his pomp but I think he's had  a really strong start to the season. Marauding forward more often and still putting in some great 1 on 1 performances defensively (maybe not on Sunday).

Also the fact we go from this:

To Gylfi Sigurdsson as captain on the pitch is incredible.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

November 09, 2020, 08:23:30 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Should have replaced him years ago.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 09, 2020, 08:25:31 PM
Reply #2

BlueForYou

Loved him as a player

Love him as captain
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 09, 2020, 08:28:52 PM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator
Should have replaced him years ago.

Agreed. Not sure what that has to do with Seamus Coleman this season though.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

November 09, 2020, 08:33:45 PM
Reply #4

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
hahahhahh love that to Maguire.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

November 09, 2020, 08:36:24 PM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Agreed. Not sure what that has to do with Seamus Coleman this season though.

Well I mean, that's my opinion on him this season. He represents a failure in planning and recruitment.

We're relying on a post peak player with a major injury to have an incredible renaissance year with no back up, during a season in which an increase in injuries is guaranteed.

I've said in the past he's stepped up manfully which is not a surprise at all as he's an absolute warrior...but he shouldn't have the task he does this year, and as such is on to a hiding because...we should have replaced him years ago.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 09, 2020, 09:22:08 PM
Reply #6

Mayor Farnum

Never been enough end product from him. That's not going to change at this stage of his career.

The fact that he's revered sums up Everton in the last ten years.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

November 09, 2020, 09:26:04 PM
Reply #7

Waltzer

Needed a right back in the summer, instead we spent 25 million on a 4th choice centre back, Everton!

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 09, 2020, 09:34:45 PM
Reply #8

GrantyBoy78

Heís been good but still short of whatís required. I just donít think he has the energy to do sprints up and down the flank, all game. I know heís only just coming back, but that time against Utd when he could only walk back into position after a run into their box, isnít acceptable. Took him about 2 mins to get back!

I watched Leicester the other day. They have Justin currently playing RB. Heís their 3rd choice (Periera and Castagne are injured) and looks every bit the modern fullback. All pace and dynamic athleticism. 3rd choice!! We havenít even got 1 player to do that, let alone 3 (theyíve actually got 4 as Amertey is more than competent there). Thatís the difference in squads.

Seamus should only play sporadic games. Oh, and he should jack-in international football, too - if he wants to prolong his Everton career. His body isnít up to playing both.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

November 09, 2020, 11:05:06 PM
Reply #9

GrantyBoy78

Linked with Emerson Royal again, today. Strongly linked over the summer. Brazilian on loan at Betis, from Barca. Only 21 - right age and profile.

November 09, 2020, 11:47:16 PM
Reply #10

WeimaranerBlues

High and lows so far this season, more than likely more lows as the season progresses, obviously needs more support , but still a better option then Kenny, Godfrey or Holgate., Need to pull out a Digne over a Sidibie.

November 09, 2020, 11:54:08 PM
Reply #11

ajax_andy

He's looked good to me this season, feel like he's rediscovered some of his old form... He's not the most pressing issue in the squad and I'm happy for him to continue being our first choice right back until next season.  I feel this is the last one for him, but he's more than held his own so far imo.

November 10, 2020, 12:25:33 AM
Reply #12

Old England Toffee

Needed a right back in the summer, instead we spent 25 million on a 4th choice centre back, Everton!

Its availability as much as transfer strategy though. If the captain of the england u21s is available for 25 million were gonna get that. If there is a quality young left back from france for 250k we'll have that. It might be that we have targets as well, who either the team dont want to sell now or were asking too much, so we wait until January or next year.

November 10, 2020, 12:31:45 AM
Reply #13

GrantyBoy78

High and lows so far this season, more than likely more lows as the season progresses, obviously needs more support , but still a better option then Kenny, Godfrey or Holgate., Need to pull out a Digne over a Sidibie.
Sidibe would actually do alright or us this season as heíd have Allan and Doucoure covering him, not Davies and Schneiderlein.

November 10, 2020, 03:07:24 AM
Reply #14

Undisputed_blue

More like sixth choice.