November 29, 2020, 04:31:41 AM

Author Topic: Seamus Coleman this season  (Read 1812 times)

November 10, 2020, 03:29:45 AM
Reply #15

Waltzer

Its availability as much as transfer strategy though. If the captain of the england u21s is available for 25 million were gonna get that. If there is a quality young left back from france for 250k we'll have that. It might be that we have targets as well, who either the team dont want to sell now or were asking too much, so we wait until January or next year.
Well it's not really is it as we don't have indefinite funds. In the previous couple of windows we have spent 25 million on Godfrey, 25 on Kean, 28, Iwobi, 9 Delph, 22 Gomes none of whom get in our team, there comes a point when you need to target the players the team needs and not waste your money on players you don't, just cause they're available.
Godfrey could turn out to be a world beater, but you could easily state that is not needed considering the age of Holgate, Mina, Keane, Branthwaite and Gibson.
Plus how many England under 21 captains have gone on to do anything further down the line, I bet more haven't than have?

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 10, 2020, 03:34:15 AM
Reply #16

kerryblue boy

Should have done what we did with baines and signed a top class right back with Seamus as back up he can still do a job at this level but not for 90 minutes

November 10, 2020, 03:39:36 AM
Reply #17

Old England Toffee

High and lows so far this season, more than likely more lows as the season progresses, obviously needs more support , but still a better option then Kenny, Godfrey or Holgate., Need to pull out a Digne over a Sidibie.

With Royale, Moise and Howard were well on our way to having an ex manager 11

November 10, 2020, 03:49:00 AM
Reply #18

formerKHL

Coleman is not the issue this season...he’s fine...people just looking for faults for the sake of it....it appears you hit a certain age as an Everton player and hey presto your over the hill...

For me he was probably our best “attacking” player on Saturday...I remember him breaking forward with the ball and waiting for iwobi to run outside him so he could play him in....iwobi stood still then run inside him.....the look on mustards face was a picture.....

November 10, 2020, 03:54:24 AM
Reply #19

Undisputed_blue

Coleman is not the issue this season...he’s fine...people just looking for faults for the sake of it....it appears you hit a certain age as an Everton player and hey presto your over the hill...

For me he was probably our best “attacking” player on Saturday...I remember him breaking forward with the ball and waiting for iwobi to run outside him so he could play him in....iwobi stood still then run inside him.....the look on mustards face was a picture.....

Really can't understand the negativity on Coleman. He's just come back from an hamstring injury and people expect him to be energetic down the right hand side.

November 10, 2020, 04:08:31 AM
Reply #20

ajax_andy

Needed a right back in the summer, instead we spent 25 million on a 4th choice centre back, Everton!

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

When we signed Godfrey we had TWO fit centre backs... so if we hadn't signed him, and one had picked up an injury, people on here would have been raising hell watching Digne play as a make shift centre half.

'ffs the short sightedness of this club not buying another centre half when it was obvious what would happen if one got injured'... Etc etc.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but not something you can base transfer decisions on.  However we had two right backs and as many centre backs, so buying another player to cover Mina and Keane really was the most obvious use of funds.

November 10, 2020, 04:16:00 AM
Reply #21

Bob Sacamano

The lad hasn’t completed a cross in about 6 years.

November 10, 2020, 04:29:44 AM
Reply #22

Undisputed_blue

The lad hasn’t completed a cross in about 6 years.

Coleman provides the perfect foil for James to put the ball in dangerous areas.

November 10, 2020, 04:38:25 AM
Reply #23

Bob Sacamano

Coleman provides the perfect foil for James to put the ball in dangerous areas.

Hmm you seem to be following me around. I may have to streamline the amount of effort I put into your replies and cut it down to a single sentence.

November 10, 2020, 04:41:19 AM
Reply #24

Undisputed_blue

Hmm you seem to be following me around. I may have to streamline the amount of effort I put into your replies and cut it down to a single sentence.

Will the effort be based on the fountain of football knowledge? I guess not.

November 10, 2020, 04:55:59 AM
Reply #25

Bob Sacamano

Will the effort be based on the fountain of football knowledge? I guess not.

Nope.

November 10, 2020, 05:17:07 AM
Reply #26

bigdunc9

100 percent agree with that.

Also you have to remember  he is more exposed this season as James isn't the type of player to bust a gut to defend.

Coleman is not the issue this season...he's fine...people just looking for faults for the sake of it....it appears you hit a certain age as an Everton player and hey presto your over the hill...

For me he was probably our best "attacking” player on Saturday...I remember him breaking forward with the ball and waiting for iwobi to run outside him so he could play him in....iwobi stood still then run inside him.....the look on mustards face was a picture.....

November 10, 2020, 06:08:16 AM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
All this is true. He is being exposed, he is being asked to run a lot. He has just had a niggle and a niggle before that. He is playing well and he has been important for us.

All just backs up the point for me that with all that in mind, we should have bought someone for that position a long time ago.

He broke his leg in two places, was out for a year, came back, has had two years getting fit again and STILL doesn't have anyone to challenge him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 10, 2020, 07:00:19 AM
Reply #28

Undisputed_blue

All this is true. He is being exposed, he is being asked to run a lot. He has just had a niggle and a niggle before that. He is playing well and he has been important for us.

All just backs up the point for me that with all that in mind, we should have bought someone for that position a long time ago.

He broke his leg in two places, was out for a year, came back, has had two years getting fit again and STILL doesn't have anyone to challenge him.

It's difficult for Coleman to get forward when Man Utd purposely overload their play in that area. Sometimes you have to look at the tactical play to understand why a player behaves in the way he does.

November 10, 2020, 02:31:36 PM
Reply #29

GrantyBoy78

Really can't understand the negativity on Coleman. He's just come back from an hamstring injury and people expect him to be energetic down the right hand side.
No, I expect our team to have someone capable of doing what’s required of them. No shade on Coleman, but if he’s not up to it, he shouldn’t be in the team.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums