November 25, 2020, 02:11:38 AM

Author Topic: So reading the threads on here we need..  (Read 995 times)

November 10, 2020, 04:01:45 AM
Read 995 times

formerKHL

A goalie....2 centre backs..a right back..a back up right back......a complete midfield....a right And left winger.....a second striker...a complete new bench of 5 squad players......

And if this current run persists a new manager.......

Richy’s got his friggin work cut out when he gets back........

And the question was...”whose happy”.......hahaha.....not many seems to be the answer.....

November 10, 2020, 04:03:19 AM
Reply #1

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Need you on the coaching staff as well by the looks of it.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 10, 2020, 04:04:52 AM
Reply #2

formerKHL

Need you on the coaching staff as well by the looks of it.

Ha ha.....too old and past it now....

It’s just suddenly struck me.....after Carlo where do we go ?
Would the Everton job be a poison chalice if he fails to gain CL footy and leaves? The manager pot is somewhat limited to a club like Everton if someone with Carlos stature cannot turn it around...who can ?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 04:18:42 AM by formerKHL »

November 10, 2020, 04:34:13 AM
Reply #3

Undisputed_blue

Ha ha.....too old and past it now....

It’s just suddenly struck me.....after Carlo where do we go ?
Would the Everton job be a poison chalice if he fails to gain CL footy and leaves? The manager pot is somewhat limited to a club like Everton if someone with Carlos stature cannot turn it around...who can ?

I think Everton needs a five year rebuilding job. Exactly the same time it took for Klopp to build his Liverpool side.

November 10, 2020, 05:09:15 AM
Reply #4

Old England Toffee

I think Everton needs a five year rebuilding job. Exactly the same time it took for Klopp to build his Liverpool side.
Klopp himself said Anchelloti is ahead of where he was, and Klopp inherited a much better squad than Carlo! 2 more windows and we will be almost there. Im optimistic that we will see more movement this January than previous years

November 10, 2020, 05:21:12 AM
Reply #5

Undisputed_blue

Klopp himself said Anchelloti is ahead of where he was, and Klopp inherited a much better squad than Carlo! 2 more windows and we will be almost there. Im optimistic that we will see more movement this January than previous years

it is actually finding the world class players that would take the time. We seemed to have this scarcity mindset which leads to really poor purchasing decisions like buying Doucoure for example.

November 10, 2020, 05:57:14 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Frigging Leicester did it in a summer.
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

November 10, 2020, 09:02:15 PM
Reply #7

Old England Toffee

it is actually finding the world class players that would take the time. We seemed to have this scarcity mindset which leads to really poor purchasing decisions like buying Doucoure for example.
But we paid 25 million for Doucoure right? Really think hes fine for that amount, someone would pay that in January easily if we decided to sell him, (not saying we should by at all). James doesnt fit into the scarcity mindset nor Nkounkou so hopefully we our out of that now. I totally get what you mean though, obviously much better we buy a 'richarlison' straight from Brazil rather than via another english club, but in general were moving in the right direction.

November 10, 2020, 09:03:15 PM
Reply #8

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 10, 2020, 09:08:00 PM
Reply #9

Mayor Farnum

Is this a clumsy attempt to get a new manager thread going?
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

November 10, 2020, 09:08:07 PM
Reply #10

Cereal Killer

Frigging Leicester did it in a summer.

They’re decent, but still completely reliant on Vardy

November 10, 2020, 09:09:31 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
They’re decent, but still completely reliant on Vardy

We're completely reliant on Richarlison it seems.

They get a shit ton of penalties too. 8 so far this season apparently.
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

November 10, 2020, 09:10:35 PM
Reply #12

formerKHL

nearly as many as them lot across the park then

November 15, 2020, 08:48:41 PM
Reply #13

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
nearly as many as them lot across the park then

I think 8 (Leicester) is more than 4 (Liverpool), but my math could be rusty.

Leicester's goal differential is +9, with 8 pens. It's fairly safe to say they're in a better position than they should be thanks to leading the universe in pens.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

November 15, 2020, 09:36:19 PM
Reply #14

74Blue

I think 8 (Leicester) is more than 4 (Liverpool), but my math could be rusty.

Leicester's goal differential is +9, with 8 pens. It's fairly safe to say they're in a better position than they should be thanks to leading the universe in pens.
To win a penalty, you must have the ball in the opposition's penalty area, so by that reasoning, Leicester winning 8 penalties already this season suggests that the ball spends a fair amount of time in the opposition's penalty box, which suggests that there is at least some reasonable quality service to their forward line, with the ball spending sufficient time in dangerous areas for the penalties to he won.