November 25, 2020, 02:37:32 AM

Author Topic: So reading the threads on here we need..  (Read 996 times)

November 15, 2020, 10:10:54 PM
Reply #15

WeimaranerBlues

Nah , you seen some of them pens, at least 2/3 clumsy, bad defending, and we would not get half of them in the same situation.

November 15, 2020, 10:18:05 PM
Reply #16

Mayor Farnum

Nah , you seen some of them pens, at least 2/3 clumsy, bad defending, and we would not get half of them in the same situation.

So are you saying there is a bias towards Leicester City?
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

November 15, 2020, 10:27:29 PM
Reply #17

74Blue

Could the clumsy, bad defending not be put down to the ball spending a fair amount of time in the box, creating a bit of panic and therefore drawing the clumsy mistakes?
They really aren't a bad side.

November 16, 2020, 12:39:49 AM
Reply #18

formerKHL

I think 8 (Leicester) is more than 4 (Liverpool), but my math could be rusty.

Leicester's goal differential is +9, with 8 pens. It's fairly safe to say they're in a better position than they should be thanks to leading the universe in pens.

It was a sarcastic reference to them having been awarded the most pens in premier league since it started...

November 16, 2020, 03:57:22 AM
Reply #19

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
To win a penalty, you must have the ball in the opposition's penalty area, so by that reasoning, Leicester winning 8 penalties already this season suggests that the ball spends a fair amount of time in the opposition's penalty box, which suggests that there is at least some reasonable quality service to their forward line, with the ball spending sufficient time in dangerous areas for the penalties to he won.

I really have no idea where to find it, but I highly doubt Leicester spends much more time in the attacking third than any team in the top half of the table. Pens have been a ridiculous crapshoot this year as I'm sure you're aware.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

November 16, 2020, 04:01:09 AM
Reply #20

Waltzer

I really have no idea where to find it, but I highly doubt Leicester spends much more time in the attacking third than any team in the top half of the table. Pens have been a ridiculous crapshoot this year as I'm sure you're aware.
Think you're right, although I do think when they attack it's with real pace and power so there will be a higher tendency to get clipped

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app