November 29, 2020, 03:54:05 AM

Author Topic: Daniel James  (Read 3124 times)

November 22, 2020, 09:51:50 PM
Reply #45

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
So what we've established from this thread is the two Welsh posters rate him, meanwhile without the rose-tinted glasses, the rest of us see that he's shite

Tbf weíve probably seen more of him than most - and I did say that I canít judge him on his club form. But please, be more condescending in your posts - itís endearing
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 22, 2020, 09:58:17 PM
Reply #46

Shogun

Administrator
Tbf weíve probably seen more of him than most - and I did say that I canít judge him on his club form. But please, be more condescending in your posts - itís endearing

Didn't mean to be condescending, apologies.

He played part in 33 matches for Man United last season and they're a club whose matches are rammed down our throats more than any other so I think many of us have seen plenty of him.

He is probably better for Wales but the standard of international football is considerably lower than the premier league imo.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

November 22, 2020, 10:04:40 PM
Reply #47

col2569

Tbf I think he looked good for utd wen he first signed so think the drop off may be down to the manager/ tactics but agree he has looked good for Wales admittedly at a lower level...dont understand how pundits say its a step up to internationa level

He played part in 33 matches for Man United last season and they're a club whose matches are rammed down our throats more than any other so I think many of us have seen plenty of him.

He is probably better for Wales but the standard of international football is considerably lower than the premier league imo.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 22, 2020, 10:05:12 PM
Reply #48

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

Which is why in my my original post I asked the question of posters and didnít say ĎOMG Heís Welsh so must be fucking amazing we have to sign himí and in subsequent posts I made it clear that although he is good for Wales I said I couldnít really comment on his performance at club level - so no Ďrose -tintednessí in my comments
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 23, 2020, 01:00:19 AM
Reply #49

penguinofdoom1878

On loan I'd be up for it.

Rapid and can play on the right.

He canít play on the right, he can run really fast on the left and thatís it. He sometimes gets put on the right and heís even poorer than when heís on the left.

We should swerve, wasnít his fault but the move came too quick for him. He is a Burnley/Sheff Utd player.

November 23, 2020, 01:09:13 AM
Reply #50

Elgoodo1978

There are a lot of players who have looked shit at Man U. Pogba, Saha, Lukaku, Fred, Fellaini, Sanchez to name a few. Many of which Iíd be delighted to be come here minus the crazy wages. Thereís something not right there at all.

Iíve also seen a lot of James at Wales and Swansea. At the right team, heís got all the potential to be a very good player in the one of the top divisions, IMO like.  Heís been far more dangerous than Bale this past two years or so and by far Walesí biggest threat.

Whether we would be the right team Iím not sure as thereís something Man U about us as well
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:39:56 AM by Elgoodo1978 »

November 23, 2020, 01:18:11 AM
Reply #51

wepull

Think he's a decent player and actually wouldn't mind him if we offload some of our fringe players. He was actually one of the better United players till Bruno joined them. He's still pretty young and has time to improve, so wouldn't mind to take a punt on him if he's cheap.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 23, 2020, 06:40:32 AM
Reply #52

Jamokachi

So what we've established from this thread is the two Welsh posters rate him, meanwhile without the rose-tinted glasses, the rest of us see that he's shite

The two posters who've seen far, far more than everyone else and can add more than "he's shite".

November 23, 2020, 09:39:57 AM
Reply #53

Shogun

Administrator
The two posters who've seen far, far more than everyone else and can add more than "he's shite".

"Far, Far more" i.e. 16 times in two years, which is half of his appearances for Man United last season.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

November 23, 2020, 10:18:11 AM
Reply #54

Jamokachi

"Far, Far more" i.e. 16 times in two years, which is half of his appearances for Man United last season.

Can pretty much guarantee most have formed an opinion based on the narrative.

I'll always try and offer perspective on a player, it's better than the "he's shite" shouts. You don't have to agree with it, but you kind of do have to acknowledge that I've got a greater interest in his career (as has @Brownie and any other Welsh poster) and can therefore offer a bit more insight. It's a bit like when you get frustrated with fans of other clubs for making assumptions about our players.

I've not claimed him to be a world beater but he certainly had the potential to be very good, and I still think he has that.

November 23, 2020, 10:22:22 AM
Reply #55

di_guyo

Just another theo type from what I've seen. Fast, but little else. Not overly bothered, think we could do better tbh.
Everton & Atleti

November 24, 2020, 03:33:24 PM
Reply #56

Bluedylan

He's shite.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 25, 2020, 12:33:36 AM
Reply #57

Heisenberg

Would be a David Moyes era flop signing

November 25, 2020, 12:54:49 AM
Reply #58

BlueForYou

Sam Chukwueze
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 25, 2020, 02:26:57 AM
Reply #59

markB

David Brooks role filled end off

3 assists and 2 goals in his last 2 game 10 mins the kid is back to his best now