January 16, 2021, 11:17:01 AM

Author Topic: [News]Is European football still within Everton's grasp?  (Read 600 times)

November 26, 2020, 02:18:29 AM
Read 600 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Is European football still within Everton's grasp?

The 2020/21 Premier League campaign is well underway and Everton could be ready to take advantage of what promises to be one of the most unpredictable seasons in recent years.

Source: Is European football still within Everton's grasp?

November 26, 2020, 03:37:05 AM
Reply #1

Waltzer

We're 4 points off the top of the table, so yes

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 26, 2020, 03:58:41 AM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

We're 4 points off the top of the table, so yes

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Of course but these last 4 performances haven’t really been any better than what we’ve produced since moyes. I don’t really see any great improvements.
It almost seems that regardless who plays we are still capable of long periods of being utterly inept

I think come may they’ll be 7 sides who are better than us and we’ll miss out again.

November 26, 2020, 01:43:11 PM
Reply #3

Coyney83

We are only 9 games into the season and 4 points off the top, so yes Europe is still within reach.

We were rotten for those three games before the international break but it also coincided with some significant injuries to players in our starting XI and in some respects it could have been different if not for a a poxy, thoroughly avoidable penalty call away to Newcastle.

For us to remain competitive in and around the European places, it will be important to draw fewer games. We’ll lose some for sure. We aren’t the RS, but the teams we will need to compete with have similar W/L records to us so far (Arsenal, L4; Utd, L3, Wolves, L3; Leicester, L3). Converting even 2 or 3 draws into wins, being ruthless and focused in big moments, particularly against a lot of the bottom half mediocrity, will make a big difference to where we end up vs. last season. Our form away from home so far is very encouraging.

And, I think we need to pick up a couple more in Jan. A right footed Lucas Digne would take this team to another level in my mind. As above, we had some big players out during those three games before the break and we were exposed (that said, Richarlison is irreplaceable IMO). A couple of thoughtful, probably loan, deals in Jan could give us the coverage we need to go long.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 01:45:08 PM by Coyney83 »

November 26, 2020, 02:45:30 PM
Reply #4

Waltzer

Of course but these last 4 performances haven’t really been any better than what we’ve produced since moyes. I don’t really see any great improvements.
It almost seems that regardless who plays we are still capable of long periods of being utterly inept

I think come may they’ll be 7 sides who are better than us and we’ll miss out again.

And before the previous 4 games you didnt see any signs of improvement then!!? I personally think it'll be a stretch for us but its achievable, we havent played well of late, but like I touched on we're 4 points off the top, when we start to play better surely we're mustard

November 26, 2020, 04:24:25 PM
Reply #5

Mayor Farnum

We score goals now, that can cover up a lot of flaws. We have a chance.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"