April 15, 2021, 08:49:10 PM

Author Topic: Thierry Small  (Read 7559 times)

BlueForYou, Jimmywhack, schleffera and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 26, 2021, 04:17:59 AM
Reply #30

Undisputed_blue

Small looks physically ready. He managed to nutmeg a player in his short time on the pitch.

Thought Onyango done well. Another strong player. Why isn't there an Onyango thread?

April 01, 2021, 05:28:24 PM
Reply #31

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

April 01, 2021, 06:24:39 PM
Reply #32

Bob Sacamano

“the teenager weighs up his options due to a lack of first-team opportunities at Goodison Park.”

*Next sentence. literally.*

“Small became the youngest-ever player to feature for the Toffees in January when he made his debut off the bench in the 3-0 FA Cup win over Sheffield Wednesday at the age of 16 years and 157 days.“

April 01, 2021, 06:42:14 PM
Reply #33

sam of the south

Could put him on the bench for the remaining games, rather than just naming 8 like we have been, or have him in place of the third goalkeeper, maybe that would persuade him to wait it out.

Not sure why her thinks he’ll get more first team opportunities at all of those clubs, though.

Could all be bollocks of course.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

April 01, 2021, 06:43:35 PM
Reply #34

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I thought he was injured anyway
Simply simply lovely

April 01, 2021, 08:07:45 PM
Reply #35

GrantyBoy78

It’s a tough one, because we’re trying to get away from overpaying youngsters that have yet to prove themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

April 01, 2021, 08:45:06 PM
Reply #36

Thornton_19

I think a new contract with a loan with guaranteed playing time would be whats best for him.
Even if he signed a 3 year deal and wanted to leave waiting out his contract he would still only be 19.

Sent from my SM-G977B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

April 01, 2021, 09:04:56 PM
Reply #37

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think, if I was to give everyone I volved a huge dose of goodwill in regards to story accuracy and reporting and all that...

It boils down to does he see it as possible to breakthrough at everton at an appropriate age? If not, does he want to tie himself into a deal and find himself playing U23 football for the next few years.

Perfectly reasonable concerns to have and a perfectly reasonable thought process.

The fact is he has one of the world's best lbs ahead of him.

The other facts are the coach is not particularly renowned for trusting youth, the academy is not renowned for either developing players well on loan, or promoting well through the ranks. The club is well known for big spending on ready made players.

Is he good enough to play now at 16, ahead of Digne? No.

Would I trust us to develop him into a first team player if we assume he has all the potential? No.

Is he right to think about this? Yes.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 01, 2021, 09:20:12 PM
Reply #38

Waltzer

I think, if I was to give everyone I volved a huge dose of goodwill in regards to story accuracy and reporting and all that...

It boils down to does he see it as possible to breakthrough at everton at an appropriate age? If not, does he want to tie himself into a deal and find himself playing U23 football for the next few years.

Perfectly reasonable concerns to have and a perfectly reasonable thought process.

The fact is he has one of the world's best lbs ahead of him.

The other facts are the coach is not particularly renowned for trusting youth, the academy is not renowned for either developing players well on loan, or promoting well through the ranks. The club is well known for big spending on ready made players.

Is he good enough to play now at 16, ahead of Digne? No.

Would I trust us to develop him into a first team player if we assume he has all the potential? No.

Is he right to think about this? Yes.

Is that really the case, or is it he's generally been at clubs where they simply buy players they want that are world class? You only need to look at DCL, Holgate, Godfrey, Davies and Branthwaite last season to evidence he might give you a chance if it allows, plus the fact Small has already made his debut at 16?

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 09:24:58 PM by Waltzer »

April 01, 2021, 09:43:33 PM
Reply #39

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is that really the case, or is it he's generally been at clubs where they simply buy players they want that are world class? You only need to look at DCL, Holgate, Godfrey, Davies and Branthwaite last season to evidence he might give you a chance if it allows, plus the fact Small has already made his debut at 16?

'Not particularly renown' is still true, you can rationalise it but..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 01, 2021, 09:51:39 PM
Reply #40

Waltzer

'Not particularly renown' is still true, you can rationalise it but..
That's true, and if I was Thierry id still be reviewing my options as it's a massive decision for him, but I'd also be looking at the here and now and Carlo clearly has invested into youth at the club he's at, I wouldn't be too worried what he did at Milan or Real 10-20 years ago

April 01, 2021, 09:52:42 PM
Reply #41

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That's true, and if I was Thierry id still be reviewing my options as it's a massive decision for him, but I'd also be looking at the here and now and Carlo clearly has invested into youth at the club he's at, I wouldn't be too worried what he did at Milan or Real 10-20 years ago

I'd say the same about results x

April 01, 2021, 09:58:45 PM
Reply #42

Waltzer

I'd say the same about results x
And here in lies the issue, it was just another opportunity for you to try to undermine Carlo more than it was about Small.

April 01, 2021, 10:12:17 PM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
And here in lies the issue, it was just another opportunity for you to try to undermine Carlo more than it was about Small.

Just a joke!

But did I lie?

April 01, 2021, 10:47:42 PM
Reply #44

ajax_andy

I mean he's 16, how many 16 year olds play premier league football?  Seems he's jumping the gun a bit of this rumour is true