April 16, 2021, 01:15:43 AM

Author Topic: Thierry Small  (Read 7746 times)

April 03, 2021, 01:37:31 AM
Reply #75

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe he can be used in the right the same way Richarlison is used on the left and cut in?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Very, very difficult to do that when you also want someone like James roaming centrally. You wind up with a badly congested attacking midfield area and no one covering the wings.
RIP

April 03, 2021, 01:44:23 AM
Reply #76

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sure I've read he models his game on Alphonso Davies.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 03, 2021, 02:21:03 AM
Reply #77

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Very, very difficult to do that when you also want someone like James roaming centrally. You wind up with a badly congested attacking midfield area and no one covering the wings.
Richarlison to the right and Small to the left then

“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

April 03, 2021, 02:28:39 AM
Reply #78

ajax_andy

I'm sure I've read he models his game on Alphonso Davies.

Think it just said he's been compared to him, not that he's modelled his game on that player.

I have absolutely no idea who this Alves is, but I'm guessing he's good?

April 03, 2021, 03:16:14 AM
Reply #79

kramer0

Must be rapid if he’s picking up comparisons to Alphonso Davies.

April 03, 2021, 05:22:30 AM
Reply #80

Up The Toffees

100% he signs the contract, just his agent trying to squeeze a few more quid out the club for his player.

April 03, 2021, 05:45:59 AM
Reply #81

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Richarlison to the right and Small to the left then

You'd be asking Richy to be a winger, crossing the ball. Small on the left would also interfere greatly with Digne coming forward.

Let's just ignore the Small at wing idea. lol
RIP

April 03, 2021, 05:59:07 AM
Reply #82

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
You'd be asking Richy to be a winger, crossing the ball. Small on the left would also interfere greatly with Digne coming forward.

Let's just ignore the Small at wing idea. lol

To be honest I will be very surprised if he appears in the same team as Richy anyway. By the time he is actually good enough to play in the first team, assuming he does stay, Richarlison won't be an Everton player anyway.

“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

April 03, 2021, 07:21:38 PM
Reply #83

KingdingalingNL

Think it just said he's been compared to him, not that he's modelled his game on that player.

I have absolutely no idea who this Alves is, but I'm guessing he's good?
He said in an interview that he looks at Alphonso Davies as a player he looks up to and tries to base his game on him.

April 03, 2021, 07:25:11 PM
Reply #84

KingdingalingNL

“A three-year contract has been on the table for well over a year”

“the lack of progress is likely to raise concerns amongst supporters”

lolol

He’s 16 and can’t sign a deal until his 17th birthday on August 1st, I smell a whiff of bullshit in this article...

In terms of vying for a first team place, I imagine he’s got more chance here than most other places, I don’t imagine it’ll be hard for him to push ahead of Nkounkou as understudy to Digne and if we get into Europe he’ll probably get games next season

The alternative is sign for someone like Man Utd and be behind Shaw, Telles, Williams and miles away from first team football

If he hadn’t been injured the last month he’d have probably made the bench more as well

Quite surprised no one else had said anything about the contract on the table for a year, but not signed bit! As you say he can't sign it or even a pre contract which I have also read somewhere.

April 03, 2021, 10:22:01 PM
Reply #85

ajax_andy

He said in an interview that he looks at Alphonso Davies as a player he looks up to and tries to base his game on him.

Ah ok I've clearly remembered that wrong then haha

April 15, 2021, 05:36:58 PM
Reply #86

TrevorSteven

Thierry Small is by far the biggest talent we have in our youth squad. The reputation of his talent is all over the world and all the biggest clubs have expressed interest.

He cant sign a pro contract before 1th of august this year but still I fear we will loose him. He got his debut together with Tyler Onyango but after that he has never even been in the squad while Ancelotti has included three goalkeepers and lots of other youth players.

For me that is unfortunately just one reason. Thierry Small probably gonna leave us and he is the biggest talent we have had since Rooney. He should have been in the match squad plenty of times already with the injurylist we have had lately.

April 15, 2021, 06:16:53 PM
Reply #87

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hasnt he been injured a lot lately?
Simply simply lovely

April 15, 2021, 07:12:54 PM
Reply #88

TrevorSteven

Hasnt he been injured a lot lately?

I was thinking about that myself but at least at two occasions I have seen him in the line-up for the U23 just days after not making the match squad...Media has started slowly to write about problems with a contract too. But who can blame him? All the top CL-teams wants him - I am pretty sure he would have played a lot if it wasnt for contractual problems. He is not 17 yet but his physique is way good enough and technically he is better than a lot of our players. Ofcourse he has a lot to learn tactically but to be honest - we actually have very few intelligent and tactical players in our squad.

April 15, 2021, 08:35:10 PM
Reply #89

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just played for the U18s this afternoon, Small.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.