January 16, 2021, 10:59:00 AM

Author Topic: BLM Kneeling at Goodison  (Read 1045 times)

November 27, 2020, 02:26:09 AM
Read 1045 times

Shogun

Administrator
With the news of fans being allowed back in the stadiums, it'll be the first time that the kneeling demonstrations will have carried out in front of fans in a stadium.

I wonder if there'll be any vocal backlash up and down the country as this happens? We saw with Burnley doing it at Man City that an "All lives matter" banner was flown across the sky.

I'd hope that fans from this city at least would be supportive and Everton players continue to do it.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

November 27, 2020, 02:40:12 AM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
With the news of fans being allowed back in the stadiums, it'll be the first time that the kneeling demonstrations will have carried out in front of fans in a stadium.

I wonder if there'll be any vocal backlash up and down the country as this happens? We saw with Burnley doing it at Man City that an "All lives matter" banner was flown across the sky.

I'd hope that fans from this city at least would be supportive and Everton players continue to do it.

In my opinion, there's not a great deal of support for that particular cause among our fanbase.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 27, 2020, 02:50:00 AM
Reply #2

Old England Toffee

In my opinion, there's not a great deal of support for that particular cause among our fanbase.
I really hope things have changed. One interesting aspect of all this, is that a lot of people thought we (everton and uk in general) had sorted out racism to some extent. Not that it had gone away completely, but in the example of Everton from when I first went to the games to when I left the UK 10 years ago there was a huge change, from hearing lots of racism towards our own players to not hearing much if anything. The interesting thing for me is that the racism never left, it just went quiet, or at least in the stadiums, which doesnt help long term. Will be interesting to see what the club and the players say regarding it, if we make a statement

November 27, 2020, 02:57:46 AM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
From what I have seen there is a large amount of "white lives matter too" out there

There is no reasoning with them
Simply simply lovely

November 27, 2020, 02:58:42 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I really hope things have changed. One interesting aspect of all this, is that a lot of people thought we (everton and uk in general) had sorted out racism to some extent. Not that it had gone away completely, but in the example of Everton from when I first went to the games to when I left the UK 10 years ago there was a huge change, from hearing lots of racism towards our own players to not hearing much if anything. The interesting thing for me is that the racism never left, it just went quiet, or at least in the stadiums, which doesnt help long term. Will be interesting to see what the club and the players say regarding it, if we make a statement

I think the majority of those who did not particularly support it would be likely to say that their objection is unrelated to racism.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 27, 2020, 03:01:09 AM
Reply #5

Old England Toffee

I think the majority of those who did not particularly support it would be likely to say that their objection is unrelated to racism.
do you mean they would act as if it wasnt be really was, or you think people genuinely have an objection to it without being racist?

November 27, 2020, 03:05:44 AM
Reply #6

Shogun

Administrator
do you mean they would act as if it wasnt be really was, or you think people genuinely have an objection to it without being racist?

They'd probably accuse you of being racist for accusing them of being racist.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 03:07:08 AM by Shogun »
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

November 27, 2020, 03:15:56 AM
Reply #7

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Social media gives the white lives matter dopes a platform so weíre seeing their opinions more than ever.

Most people wonít have an issue with it, and if they did that would t verbalise it at a football game.

Iím sure itíll be fine with only 2,000 people at the game.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

November 27, 2020, 04:14:40 AM
Reply #8

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
I love it.

Every time someone says "Why are we still doing this?" it gives us the opportunity to talk about it some more.

Too often we have a big push or a 'thingy week' or a 'thingy day' and then people like me can forget about it for months on end. That's the problem right there - I could easily forget about this because it doesn't affect me personally very much at all. But some people are taking this poisonous shit on a daily basis.

I hope the plan is to keep it until humanity is healed because it shouldn't be a thing that can be forgotten about - ever.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

November 27, 2020, 04:34:13 AM
Reply #9

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
They'd probably accuse you of being racist for accusing them of being racist.

Fucking grim how true this is

November 27, 2020, 06:48:26 AM
Reply #10

Dr. Sponge

I love it.

Every time someone says "Why are we still doing this?" it gives us the opportunity to talk about it some more.

Too often we have a big push or a 'thingy week' or a 'thingy day' and then people like me can forget about it for months on end. That's the problem right there - I could easily forget about this because it doesn't affect me personally very much at all. But some people are taking this poisonous shit on a daily basis.

I hope the plan is to keep it until humanity is healed because it shouldn't be a thing that can be forgotten about - ever.
I was about to post "I'm all for the cause but taking the knee is becoming a bit of a token gesture/virtue signalling kinda thing"

.. but then I read your post and I agree with your point. Very true.

November 27, 2020, 01:44:57 PM
Reply #11

ajax_andy

I love it.

Exactly this mate, my eldest just turned six and for the last few months he's asked me loads of times why they're taking the knee... It's given me a great opportunity to discuss racism with him and reinforce the importance of not discriminating against someone because they look different or are from a different culture.

He totally worships Lewis Hamilton and so the message has really stuck with him from watching F1 and footy.

November 27, 2020, 02:02:29 PM
Reply #12

Bluenose 91

In a full stadium you'd probably get the odd dickhead passing comment but I don't think there'd be anything like full on boo's etc.

November 27, 2020, 04:54:38 PM
Reply #13

TSGun

It's truly an insane world when something so simple and honest can become perverted, overcomplicated and devalued so quickly.

Why is being a victim so fashionable these days? Reality is slipping away.
Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all. The needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before.