January 21, 2021, 01:22:27 AM

Author Topic: Khedira  (Read 12876 times)

December 15, 2020, 07:54:04 PM
Reply #45

Bluenose 91

Yeah I know the ''older'' players we signed in the summer have worked out so far but surely this would be pushing it a bit?

December 15, 2020, 08:11:22 PM
Reply #46

GrantyBoy78

Ideally I wouldnt sign him but there is definitely a bit of a conundrum regarding Gbamin. We need a DM, now - but cant justify buying one as we have Gbamin - but who knows how long itll be before hes right and how often he can play.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

December 15, 2020, 08:19:20 PM
Reply #47

Waltzer

If you think an injury prone 33 year old that hasn't played one minute of football this season will suddenly come in and play up to twenty games from January then fair enough. I had all the above concerns about Fabian Delph and look how that's turned out

I personally think we'd be lucky to get anywhere near ten games, and even then at what level would he be at?

No point in this.
Nah I agree on general, but was just trying to evidence that who really knows. It is a much higher risk granted, but Carlo might think it's worth it based on the quality he'll bring if/when on the pitch. We don't have many good options to bring off the bench so having him to bring on for the last 10 minutes to kill a game off might be good? I'll personally be surprised if he did end up with us anyway, but time will tell

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 15, 2020, 09:17:40 PM
Reply #48

sam of the south

Id be a little concerned if we did this deal.

I just fail to see any positives in it, particularly regarding our already mad wage bill.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

December 15, 2020, 11:37:19 PM
Reply #49

BlueForYou

Avoid
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 16, 2020, 12:58:57 PM
Reply #50

Old England Toffee

I don't see the relevance?
since when was relevance important around here

December 19, 2020, 04:46:56 AM
Reply #51

Waltzer

'Sami Khedira was my player at Real Madrid, an important player for us,' said Ancelotti, whose side face Arsenal this evening.

'I have a good memory of him but I don't think we are looking for him at this moment.'

Ancelotti then added with a smile: 'Maybe in January.'

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 19, 2020, 04:49:09 AM
Reply #52

Jamokachi

He loves a wind up does Carlo haha.

December 19, 2020, 07:19:06 AM
Reply #53

Mac934

Could be the new Peter Reid or Andy Gray...both supposedly too old and injury prone when they were signed. Didn't turn out too bad! I know they weren't 33 like.

December 19, 2020, 07:41:23 AM
Reply #54

Mayor Farnum

Could be the new Peter Reid or Andy Gray...both supposedly too old and injury prone when they were signed. Didn't turn out too bad! I know they weren't 33 like.

Or Gazza.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

December 19, 2020, 08:26:37 AM
Reply #55

bornblue88

Id much rather play Godfrey or holgate in the middle. When Coleman is up to speed again I want

Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey
             Holgate

And one day next year see

Coleman Holgate/Mina Keane Digne
                 Godfrey

December 19, 2020, 04:15:32 PM
Reply #56

74Blue

They were both around 28 when we signed them weren't they?
A 33 year old Khedira is far more likely to be like when we signed Ginola or Gazza or Eto'o. All 3 had been very good players in their day, but were well past their sell by date by the time they arrived here.

December 19, 2020, 04:32:40 PM
Reply #57

BlueForYou

Exception to the rule: Paul Power
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 19, 2020, 07:20:20 PM
Reply #58

ajax_andy

Kind of feel like if we did sign him we'd all be like 'oh right, fucking hell he's good'.

Been an absolute top player at absolutely top end teams all his career.  Would probably be like Gareth Barry on steroids.

December 19, 2020, 07:22:20 PM
Reply #59

74Blue

Exception to the rule: Paul Power
Or Richard Gough.

I never really appreciated just how good he was until he came to Everton. His legs had gone, but he was still a great defender, purely through fantastic reading of the game and positional sense.