January 16, 2021, 11:34:15 AM

Author Topic: Tough Upcoming Matches  (Read 1305 times)

November 30, 2020, 10:14:25 PM
Read 1305 times

tipping1!

I think the next 4 games are going to be crucial for us to show that we deserve to be in the top 6 this season. Our squad is more than strong enough in my opinion. We have some tough games coming up https://www.wheresthematch.com/Football/Everton.asp. I believe that Burnley and Arsenal are must wins. Chelsea & Leicester are going to be difficult!

I think out of the next 4 league games before the Man U game in the cup, we should be aiming for 7 points.

What do you think?

November 30, 2020, 11:32:56 PM
Reply #1

WeimaranerBlues

Said before the Fulham game that if we lose it , then that would have been it for me this season, same now applies to Burnley, Confidence will be shot to pieces if this rot continues , could see 6pts and funnily enough think that keeps you in 7th.   

November 30, 2020, 11:55:16 PM
Reply #2

Bluebridge

We should be aiming for 12 points, although I have no confidence in any right now

December 01, 2020, 12:39:11 AM
Reply #3

kerryblue boy

We need horses for courses in our next games we need to match Burnley physically put Mina alongside Keane with holgate right back and play a holding midfielder in front of the back 4

December 01, 2020, 01:11:08 AM
Reply #4

Waltzer

We need horses for courses in our next games we need to match Burnley physically put Mina alongside Keane with holgate right back and play a holding midfielder in front of the back 4
Nah, if we try to match them they'll win as it's what they do. They'll want us to be deep so they can pump it long and feed off the scraps. Need to play a high line and take it to them, our defence isn't good enough to sit back and try to keep it tight

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 01, 2020, 01:39:13 AM
Reply #5

formerKHL

Rotherham at home......hahaha

Just think if we draw Yankeeblue cross can visit the New York stadium !!!

December 01, 2020, 01:43:45 AM
Reply #6

Coyney83

Despite their result tonight, Leicester will play us off the park and beat us at a canter. Their starting XI is better than ours in almost every position I think (Johnny Evans aside who is being found out this year).

We should be aiming to win the other three, particularly the two at home, but we won’t. Burnley’s form will change at some point soon you would imagine and they will be licking their lips at the prospect of us pitching up this weekend. They will try to bully us and you know that Chris Wood will cause us problems.

Chelsea can be awesome but are also beatable if you show up IMO. Arsenal are shit. They are paying the price for 5 years of poor recruitment and general mismanagement.

If teams continue to isolate our midfield two and play around them, we are hopeless. If we can do something to address that problem, we can compete.

One of the most infuriating aspects of being a Blue are weekends like this one just gone when you totally pass up a chance to consolidate your position in the league whilst all of those around you lose. I struggle to remember when I last enjoyed being a Blue to be honest.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 01:45:08 AM by Coyney83 »

December 01, 2020, 02:08:43 AM
Reply #7

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

One of the most infuriating aspects of being a Blue are weekends like this one just gone when you totally pass up a chance to consolidate your position in the league whilst all of those around you lose. I struggle to remember when I last enjoyed being a Blue to be honest.

I enjoyed it when we were top a few weeks ago

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 01, 2020, 02:35:44 AM
Reply #8

formerKHL

Glory hunter....hahaha.......

December 01, 2020, 02:45:25 AM
Reply #9

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Burnley away
Chelsea home
Leicester away
Arsenal at home
United at home (cup)
Sheff U away
City home

18 points available in December. I honestly struggle to see past...6-8 maybe?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 01, 2020, 02:51:27 AM
Reply #10

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We always have this type of run in a season and always do better than expected.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 01, 2020, 02:54:57 AM
Reply #11

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We always have this type of run in a season and always do better than expected.

Usually followed by someone absolutely shite at home and we think, well if we play like we did against [top club we played bravely against without a result or a good draw] we will be flying here!!

And then get done 1-0 by a shite set piece.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 01, 2020, 03:54:38 AM
Reply #12

Coyney83

That’s a fair comment. Re-reading my post, my last paragraph was a bit whiney and entitled.

The whole dashing of your hope and optimism is just a bit boring and predictable.

December 01, 2020, 10:40:36 PM
Reply #13

BlueForYou

If you know, history in the making...

We're gonna win the League Cup
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 01, 2020, 11:08:19 PM
Reply #14

Bluedylan

Tough to be too confident about anything given that we've produced one half of good football in the last 5 games.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.