April 16, 2021, 01:07:23 AM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 7081 times)

March 24, 2021, 04:23:47 AM
Reply #105

Macca77

Are you all prepared for the big breaking story tomorrow, corruption, money laundering the lot, the biggest scandal in the history of football. Moshiri is holding an emergency meeting right now, everyone is involved from the very top

This is according to some pleb on twitter with about 4 followers like, his mate knows someone who knows someone who WhatsApped all the details to him

March 24, 2021, 04:27:22 AM
Reply #106

Bigstickytoffee

Are you all prepared for the big breaking story tomorrow, corruption, money laundering the lot, the biggest scandal in the history of football. Moshiri is holding an emergency meeting right now, everyone is involved from the very top

This is according to some pleb on twitter with about 4 followers like, his mate knows someone who knows someone who WhatsApped all the details to him

One day I'm sure, just as we are about to break in with the big boys. The Everton way........

March 25, 2021, 04:23:28 AM
Reply #107

Coyney83

I havenít seen this posted yet and whilst it is being widely reported, I canít find a better source than DM unfortunately.

Big changes coming to FFP rules/process. Means the rich get richer and stronger most probably, but it could give challengers with investment (i.e., us) a chance to compete without the current constraints.

It will be interesting to see the fine print for the new approach and intended timelines.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9397951/amp/UEFA-set-SCRAP-Financial-Fair-Play-rules-allow-clubs-control-finances.html

March 25, 2021, 01:07:59 PM
Reply #108

dchans

So presuming the above is correct, nothing stopping Usmanov going proper FM mental and spending a fortune?

Other then a fine, which again wouldnít be a issue?
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...

March 25, 2021, 01:34:22 PM
Reply #109

Coyney83

So presuming the above is correct, nothing stopping Usmanov going proper FM mental and spending a fortune?

Other then a fine, which again wouldnít be a issue?

I thought the same thing initially but assuming Moshiri doesnít want/intend to sell the entire club to him, I wonder is Usmanov more use to us as we are currently using him (i.e., having him sponsor as much as we can justify, paying probably over the odds in some instances to have his name/brand in places and in so doing keeping the commercial revenues up).

You donít want all of you eggs in one basket from a commercial perspective either mind you, which we kind of do today

March 25, 2021, 03:02:41 PM
Reply #110

Cozzie

I suppose whatever happens between now and whenever Moshiri cuts ties with this club, his lasting legacy will surely be the new stadium will it not?

March 26, 2021, 10:34:01 AM
Reply #111

Old England Toffee

You donít want all of you eggs in one basket
If your on an easter egg hunt this is actually by far the best strategy.

March 26, 2021, 12:00:02 PM
Reply #112

Coyney83

The Echo have picked the story up now. Nothing hugely revelatory in there (because itís The Echo) but general consensus seems to be that changes could be good for us.

The salary cap is interesting and is effective in US sports but largely pointless in this context if the only punishment for not adhering to it is a fine.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-financial-fair-play-changes-20247013

March 26, 2021, 01:04:38 PM
Reply #113

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
FFP disappearing will be a blow to anybody who wants to see us investing in early-20 something's with sell on value I feel.

March 26, 2021, 02:50:45 PM
Reply #114

Waltzer

FFP disappearing will be a blow to anybody who wants to see us investing in early-20 something's with sell on value I feel.
I don't see that, it gives others the opportunity to compete, but Moshiri hasn't made his money by being stupid. It still makes a whole lot of business sense to adopt that model and wouldn't see why we wouldn't go down that route, unless Usmamov jumped on board and money really wasnt an option. You also need to take into account Moshiri isn't that rich by footballing standards

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 26, 2021, 03:20:55 PM
Reply #115

Cereal Killer

I don't see that, it gives others the opportunity to compete, but Moshiri hasn't made his money by being stupid. It still makes a whole lot of business sense to adopt that model and wouldn't see why we wouldn't go down that route, unless Usmamov jumped on board and money really wasnt an option. You also need to take into account Moshiri isn't that rich by footballing standards

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Moshiri currently sits just outside the relegation zone in 15th place for wealth of Premier League owners

March 26, 2021, 03:26:21 PM
Reply #116

Bluedylan

Moshiri currently sits just outside the relegation zone in 15th place for wealth of Premier League owners

That may be true, but a lot of those owners richer than him don't give their clubs the kind of money we've spent. Even Liverpool generally operate on a sell-to-buy basis each season. We've been incredibly fortunate in the amounts we've had to spend. Just wish it had been done much more wisely.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 26, 2021, 03:59:52 PM
Reply #117

Cereal Killer

That may be true, but a lot of those owners richer than him don't give their clubs the kind of money we've spent. Even Liverpool generally operate on a sell-to-buy basis each season. We've been incredibly fortunate in the amounts we've had to spend. Just wish it had been done much more wisely.

Yes heís thrown a lot at it, and most of it wasted. If FFP were to change/go Iím not sure weíd be throwing much more money at it than we already are, but a lot of the other teams have the potential to increase their expenditure compared to what they currently do, so itís probably not going to benefit us that much

March 27, 2021, 02:45:03 PM
Reply #118

Cozzie

With the stadium now definitely a goer then big props to Moshiri.

He has been a huge part of this and despite not really being too savvy on the football side of things, lashing money about like confetti, you can't deny his passion and involvement in wanting to get this stadium off the ground.

After the kings dock dream died a death I thought the only way out of Goodison would have been the ideas bandied about, the Tesco nightmare in Kirkby or be stuck there.

We really are now gonna have one of the most fantastic, Iconic stadiums in an absolutely glorious location, so hats off to Mosh and the team for getting this over the line.