April 15, 2021, 08:59:58 PM

Author Topic: Moshiri  (Read 7076 times)

December 12, 2020, 03:20:26 PM
Reply #15

Macca77

The loses are a big worry aren't they, Moshiri can't keep doing this forever, something has got to give.

December 12, 2020, 03:26:34 PM
Reply #16

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The loses are a big worry aren't they, Moshiri can't keep doing this forever, something has got to give.
It’s logical that the first thing to give must be the transfer kitty.

December 12, 2020, 03:53:35 PM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It is absolutely awful how badly this has gone for us. Third highest losses in the history of the prem, behind chelsea 2005 and City 2011, two big spend-or-bust operating losses resulting in league titles. We might be looking at 7th.

Hard to see a way out without a) increasing club revenue most obvious place seeming to be match day rev where we lag behind hugely, obviously good there's a plan coming but it needs (b) which is b) regular European football.

At some point someone will have to question moshiris sanity. Fair play to him continuing to put his hand in his pocket but we've spent more than enough to catapult us into higher echelons if we'd done it properly, but we are where we are still with now a huge, prohibitive wage bill and less room to manoeuvre in the transfer market.

Edit:

Note, commercial income shown below includes the £30m sweetheart deal for USM Bramley Moore naming rights secured years in advance on a stadium without a spade in the ground yet.

Info taken from this excellent thread : https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1337507495695290372?s=19
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 04:05:41 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 12, 2020, 04:02:02 PM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

It is absolutely awful how badly this has gone for us. Third highest losses in the history of the prem, behind chelsea 2005 and City 2011, two big spend-or-bust operating losses resulting in league titles. We might be looking at 7th.

Hard to see a way out without a) increasing club revenue most obvious place seeming to be match day rev where we may behind hugely, obviously good there's a plan coming but it needs (b) which is b) regular European football.

At some point someone will have to question moshiris sanity. Fair play to him continuing to put his hand in his pocket but we've spent more than enough to catapult is into higher echelons if we'd done it properly, but we are where we are still with now a huge, prohibitive wage bill and less room to manoeuvre in the transfer market.

We won't even get 7th. Honestly it's a disgrace from all concerned. The owner and board (though least with moshiri it's his money he's wasted) our selection of crap managers, 2 poor DOF, under performing overpaid players. The whole lot have let us and Moshiri down. We've got next to nothing right for years and it's still all wrong today.

We still have no identity as a club. No style of play. No plan in regards to our transfer business

December 12, 2020, 04:09:51 PM
Reply #19

ajax_andy

I'd imagine if it ever gets untenable Usmanov will buy Moshiri out.  I'm totally at peace with our finances as you just have to look at the naming rights option to see that they're working together to keep us financially viable.

The lack of progress and long term vision are admittedly worrying, but I think we need to see where we are in a few windows under Ancelloti before really judging this, as it's too early to tell where we could potentially be once he replaces the deadwood with his own signings + the young talent Brands has been bringing in

December 12, 2020, 04:11:41 PM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We won't even get 7th. Honestly it's a disgrace from all concerned. The owner and board (though least with moshiri it's his money he's wasted) our selection of crap managers, 2 poor DOF, under performing overpaid players. The whole lot have let us and Moshiri down. We've got next to nothing right for years and it's still all wrong today.

We still have no identity as a club. No style of play. No plan in regards to our transfer business

Understood but I think we can all agree in the main the damage was done in previous years.

In particular our Amortisation costs, showing the cost of transfers spread over contract lifetime tells a huge picture.

We've rocketed up year on year under moshiri and piled expensive signing on expensive signing, unfortunately without getting many right

We are still paying fees off from 2017 and 2018, without any return in terms of points and it is killing us
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 12, 2020, 04:12:38 PM
Reply #21

Cereal Killer

Love a good “everton are shit at everything” rant

But usually comes after we get beat not before we play! Be some right happy souls later, imagine the Samaritans will be busy

December 12, 2020, 04:14:01 PM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

But usually comes after we get beat not before we play! Be some right happy souls later, imagine the Samaritans will be busy

The financial results came out last night I think it's fair people comment on them?

December 12, 2020, 04:20:24 PM
Reply #23

Macca77

I'd imagine if it ever gets untenable Usmanov will buy Moshiri out.  I'm totally at peace with our finances as you just have to look at the naming rights option to see that they're working together to keep us financially viable.

The lack of progress and long term vision are admittedly worrying, but I think we need to see where we are in a few windows under Ancelloti before really judging this, as it's too early to tell where we could potentially be once he replaces the deadwood with his own signings + the young talent Brands has been bringing in

This

December 12, 2020, 05:05:42 PM
Reply #24

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

It’s hardly a rant.

They’re good posts that illustrate just how bad the running of the club has been over the last few years.

I don’t have clue about finances and try to stay away from that part of the game but Moshiri is on his way to spending one billion pound to make a football club stand still. People are right to have some concerns.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 12, 2020, 05:33:53 PM
Reply #25

Cozzie

Correct.

The finances in all honesty don't concern me, its the implementation of them that's the concern.

December 12, 2020, 05:35:14 PM
Reply #26

GrantyBoy78

Whether it’s the financial state of the club or the lack of quality in the playing squad - it all comes back to the Koeman/Walsh tenure - setting us back years. That doesn’t disappear after a good start to the season, it hangs over us like a shadow and will for a time yet.

I guess you just have to have faith (however blind it might be) that things are now in place and lessons have be learned.

It’ll be another season or two before the accounts show it in a favourable light, but we’ll be rid of another raft of dead wood this summer. Progress.

Once a spade is in the ground, all stadium costs will cease to come from the clubs general “big pot” of finances. We’ll hopefully (Big Uz) see a confirmation of naming rights, plus other related commercial deals being done.

Every set of accounts takes us further away from that summer of ludicrous spending and the ongoing burden of it.

To be fair, you can see why The Esk does his absolute nut when the accounts are published. Even to the layman fan, they look a shambles; to those with business acumen, it must be drive them to despair.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

December 12, 2020, 05:57:39 PM
Reply #27

dazfrancis

All the result of a horrible recruitment strategy from the board and in particular Moshiri. Too impatient and too quick to throw money players, managers and agents without a coherent plan.

And you still feel the plan isn't coherent with Brands and Ancelotti seemingly not being a natural fit.

December 12, 2020, 06:07:42 PM
Reply #28

ajax_andy

Correct.

The finances in all honesty don't concern me, its the implementation of them that's the concern.

One one hand yes.

On the other hand - Nkoukou, Branthwaite, Small, DCL, Richarlison, Simms, Holgate, Godfrey.

Whilst we seem to be signing a lot of high wage established / prime age players, we have a very good crop of already established or extremely promising younger players too.

I'd be more worried if we hadn't been buying high potential youth too... And that list doesn't include Kean as likelihood of him being here next season is extremely low... But again another example of balancing the older players with youth that has a high potential upside or sell on value.

December 12, 2020, 06:16:39 PM
Reply #29

Bob Sacamano

I don’t know about you guys but I’m having tonnes of fun. He’s mad and I love him.