January 25, 2021, 04:18:59 PM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window for us  (Read 55339 times)

WilloBOI and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 22, 2020, 08:53:21 PM
Reply #15

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Haha I know.

I did say that was the dream after all.

Cant see us doing anything serious in Jan.

I share in your dream.

Sarr from Watford would be excellent at the forward position as well, but also probably priced too high for January.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

December 22, 2020, 08:57:49 PM
Reply #16

Paddockoldie

Not sure we'll do any business in Jan other loans. We need a RB,RW and CF if poss. James can switch to midfield so that covers that area barring injury. Also if Gbamin gets fit we have other options.

December 22, 2020, 09:18:54 PM
Reply #17

Cereal Killer

Haha I know.

I did say that was the dream after all.

Cant see us doing anything serious in Jan.

So we aren’t getting Alli, Winks, Isco and Khedira?  :o

December 22, 2020, 09:26:50 PM
Reply #18

GrantyBoy78

So the Athletic don't really have a clue, and just decided to write an opinion piece, guessing, rather than having any inside info.

That was my main takeaway.
Tbf, they’re not investigative journalists, are they? Nothing wrong with an opinion piece.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

December 22, 2020, 09:32:00 PM
Reply #19

indiantoffee1975

I think we need cover up front to give DCL a bit of a breather and perhaps RB cover. Loans in all likliness.

December 22, 2020, 09:32:53 PM
Reply #20

GrantyBoy78

This is a very different January to most years. There will be clubs who are putting on a brave face but who’ll be desperate to sell players to cover the impact on finances due to covid.

This shouldn’t be a typical January where all prices are at at premium, there  should be plenty of bargains to be had.

Joakim Maehle is joining Atalanta from Genk. Genk apparently wanted £15m-£20m for him in the summer, but he’s joined for a rumoured £8m-£10m.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

December 22, 2020, 09:45:47 PM
Reply #21

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
So the Athletic don't really have a clue, and just decided to write an opinion piece, guessing, rather than having any inside info.

That was my main takeaway.
Yeah, just used a computer matcher
Simply simply lovely

December 22, 2020, 10:23:59 PM
Reply #22

stirlingblue

Bailey can play LW or RW, though he's more suited to the right. His end product is considerably stronger than Iwobi's. He'd be a coup and is my top want, but I don't expect him now.

RB is probably still the top priority, but we also need goals from someone besides Dom.

Think we’ve missed the moment for Bailey, in the summer he was coming off a poor year and had fallen down the pecking order so might have got him for a decent price

December 22, 2020, 10:26:42 PM
Reply #23

Heisenberg

Back up striker, someone to bring on as a sub. Even someone at the end of their career would be fine

December 22, 2020, 10:30:41 PM
Reply #24

Bluedylan

Would be quite disappointed if we don't look to capitalise on the position and make a push in January with a couple of signings.

Don't really buy the 'don't buy players in January' narrative either. Not just in this year, but in any year. Loads of hugely important transfers have been done in January. There's always quality and value to be had.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 22, 2020, 10:35:15 PM
Reply #25

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Think we’ve missed the moment for Bailey, in the summer he was coming off a poor year and had fallen down the pecking order so might have got him for a decent price

I think he's still available tbh, but probably in the summer, not now while Leverkusen is sitting top Bundesliga & has already advanced to the knockout stages of the Europa.

Back up striker, someone to bring on as a sub. Even someone at the end of their career would be fine

We should have gone for a loan for Giroud in the summer before he started scoring a bajillion goals and getting a ton of minutes again.
NSNO's CGO. Chief GIF Officer (self-promoted).

December 22, 2020, 10:56:37 PM
Reply #26

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Someone to replace Richarlison.
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

December 23, 2020, 01:35:47 AM
Reply #27

Jamokachi

Bissouma
Anguisa
Douglas Luiz

They're three midfielders I think would make a massive difference but I highly doubt we'd be able to get any of them in jan.

Big fan of Douglas Luiz.

December 23, 2020, 03:20:13 AM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bissouma
Anguisa
Douglas Luiz

They’re three midfielders I think would make a massive difference but I highly doubt we’d be able to get any of them in jan.

3 great shouts but Bissouma linked to Liverpool already.

Luiz has a buy back to city, but I can't see them activating it, although I can't see villa letting anyone else affording him either.

Zambo Anguissa I honestly was surprised they got him back from his loan last year. Really enjoying watching him this year and would love him as our third CM.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 23, 2020, 03:20:22 AM
Reply #29

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Be surprised if we bring in more than one player