January 21, 2021, 02:12:17 AM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window for us  (Read 48592 times)

Cozzie and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 23, 2020, 03:23:09 AM
Reply #30

Waltzer

A few rumours circulating that Bernard could be on his way out, no real surprises but really hoped for more from him

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 23, 2020, 03:50:12 AM
Reply #31

Mayor Farnum

Covid will tip the balance towards buying clubs for a change in January. I wouldn't be surprised if we buy another couple of straight to first team players.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"

December 23, 2020, 03:58:12 AM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

A few rumours circulating that Bernard could be on his way out, no real surprises but really hoped for more from him

Sitting there on big wages. Would be a good one to move on, if he's not going to be involved.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 23, 2020, 03:58:40 AM
Reply #33

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I can't see us doing much business but I do think the strategy might possibly be Back Carlo, Get Europe?

If so then...

1. A direct, pacey RW who can dribble and put up goal threat.

Chuckwueze
Bailey
Diatta
Ismail Sarr
Calvin Stengs
David Brooks
Emi Buendia - bit similar to James maybe but woof what a player
Hudson Odoi loan?

We play with wingers again! However we've spent the last few years buying tens and wide midfielders who pull in centrally and look to link play in Bernard, James and Iwobi.

Someone direct and dangerous who can break lines with his dribbling, and offer threat in the opposition box would be interesting, as well as meaning James could drop in (if we are happy with Doucoure and Allan in a two).

2. An athletic, modern RB who can shut down prem wingers and spring attacks the other end.

Errrrrrr Barca's Emerson? Don't really know him.

I did like Matty Cash and Joachim Maelhe, but Cash moved in the summer and Maelhe has just made his move to Atalanta this week.

Max Aarons seems to be liked by data bods and Football Men alike but I don't know him that much. Sounds good tho?

3. Another CM? I know we keep just lashing money at it but I'm still not particularly over the moon with the midfield.

If we move to a 4231 then the double pivot of Allan and Doucoure is maybe a bit ill suited even tho I like both? And if we go to a three we could do with a third man who can be like a good version of Andre Gomes?

Don't know who!

4. Striker to help cover for DCL...

EXPENGA, but we could do with it couldn't we.

Some cheap old fella on loan I'd take here.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 03:04:44 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 23, 2020, 04:06:11 AM
Reply #34

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
They’ll be loads of players that aren’t getting games at big clubs wanting to get a move for a place at the euros

I think brands will do his usual of getting somebody on loan that needs game time.

I’m content to go with what we’ve got at the moment though. Think that squad is good enough for top six but a dynamic right back could be a game changer.

Tosun out and somebody in would be very nice as well. What strikers are out there not getting games that could be an option for us?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 23, 2020, 04:35:15 AM
Reply #35

Danny

They’ll be loads of players that aren’t getting games at big clubs wanting to get a move for a place at the euros

I think brands will do his usual of getting somebody on loan that needs game time.

I’m content to go with what we’ve got at the moment though. Think that squad is good enough for top six but a dynamic right back could be a game changer.

Tosun out and somebody in would be very nice as well. What strikers are out there not getting games that could be an option for us?

Costa is going in January.

December 23, 2020, 04:43:58 AM
Reply #36

toffee_scot

One of the top priorities I guess will be to trim this bloated squad so permanent or loan moves might be arranged for players such as Besic, Baningime, Pennington and Bolasie.

Other players who I think ideally should leave include Kenny, Delph, Tosun, Bernard and Andre Gomes but we would need a right back, midfielder and forward replacement if we got rid of those five.

Also I think and Nkounkou, Gordon, Branthwaite and Joao Virginia would probably benefit from going out on loan and getting some game time as they are not likely to get much here this season.

December 23, 2020, 05:52:00 AM
Reply #37

Undisputed_blue

Be interesting to see if Dele Alli happens.

Don't think it will happen since Spurs isn't going to strengthen a rival for a top 4 Champions League place.

December 23, 2020, 06:03:48 AM
Reply #38

sam of the south

One of the top priorities I guess will be to trim this bloated squad so permanent or loan moves might be arranged for players such as Besic, Baningime, Pennington and Bolasie.

Other players who I think ideally should leave include Kenny, Delph, Tosun, Bernard and Andre Gomes but we would need a right back, midfielder and forward replacement if we got rid of those five.

Also I think and Nkounkou, Gordon, Branthwaite and Joao Virginia would probably benefit from going out on loan and getting some game time as they are not likely to get much here this season.

Nkounkou, Branthwaite, and Gordon should all regularly make the matchday squads, now that benches have increased to nine players.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

December 23, 2020, 06:41:21 AM
Reply #39

KoemansNumberTens

He'd been the first 1 I'd get rid off. Been terrible on 130k a week. Be lucky if we don't have to pay him to leave

December 23, 2020, 06:46:08 AM
Reply #40

GrantyBoy78

Apparently we turned down bids from Roma and and an Al...(Middle Eastern team), in the summer. With his lack of game time, you’d imagine we’ve been back in contact and given them some encouragement to come back in for him.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

December 23, 2020, 09:32:07 AM
Reply #41

Jamokachi

Would make my year if we could shift Tosun in January. Big Salomon Rondon linked with Wolves this week as cover for Raul Jimenez, could he do a job for the remainder of the season? Still only 31.

December 23, 2020, 11:10:02 AM
Reply #42

Free Agent

Would make my year if we could shift Tosun in January. Big Salomon Rondon linked with Wolves this week as cover for Raul Jimenez, could he do a job for the remainder of the season? Still only 31.

Fat Sam - here’s your chance for redemption
Take Tosun to West Brom
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 11:12:42 AM by Free Agent »

December 23, 2020, 01:43:00 PM
Reply #43

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think it will happen since Spurs isn't going to strengthen a rival for a top 4 Champions League place.

Unless they think he is crap and would weaken a rival.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Imam Jagne, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 23, 2020, 01:58:16 PM
Reply #44

Cozzie

Fat Sam - here’s your chance for redemption
Take Tosun to West Brom

And take Bolasie and Besic with you.