January 25, 2021, 04:13:54 PM

Author Topic: Villa game  (Read 3910 times)

January 14, 2021, 05:17:01 PM
Reply #30

Bluebridge

What pisses me off most is I'm doing Dry January, but have special dispensation to have a few beers when Everton were playing, imagine my delight when we went into extra time against Rotherham

January 14, 2021, 05:17:19 PM
Reply #31

Jamokachi

Frustrating this, was looking forward to the game on Sunday. Even with the extra rest for players and getting people back fro injury it's hard to see positives when we lose momentum and see teams pull away from us in the league as we have to sit and twiddle our thumbs through no fault of our own.

January 14, 2021, 05:34:18 PM
Reply #32

Gary1878

To be fair, it does sound like Villa have been hit quite hard, and glad we have had ample notification this time unlike the City match. They played the whole Covid game very well. Can't believe there hasn't been an investigation into that.

January 14, 2021, 06:18:15 PM
Reply #33

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Genuinely of the opinion that teams should forfeit games from now on. Would certainly encourage clubs to crack down on their players & not fall into the conspiracy that Ram has mentioned above (which i believed in the case of City and i think i believe for Villa as well)

January 14, 2021, 06:24:41 PM
Reply #34

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Well according to Scott Parker, some of their players were only back the day before playing Spurs, so there doesn't seem to be any real hard and fast rules in place. City cam call a game off a couple of hours before kick off but Fulham are just told to play a big game away from home with very little prep time.

Who knows???

Didn't do Fulham any harm. Only watched the 2nd half but they bossed Spurs all over and Lookman was a revelation when he came on. He played this one through-ball that was James-esque in its perfection. Wish things had worked out better for him here. He was a real game-changer. Imagine having him on the bench instead of Tosun?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 14, 2021, 06:56:32 PM
Reply #35

Bluedylan

Massive shame for us after the Wolves win, but it's a tough situation for the authorities, and I actually do sympathise in this instance. None of the options are amazing really. Also, we don't want an outbreak of Covid in our squad from contact with asymptomatic players or staff.

Not sure points should be forfeited either, because it could come from anywhere, and isn't necessarily because players have been out partying or whatever.

I do agree that the Euros need to be cancelled though. Utterly ludicrous that they haven't given how late the season will finish. What planet are they on? No one gives a fuck about the Euros. We want people to stay safe, and for domestic seasons to finish properly.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 14, 2021, 07:00:35 PM
Reply #36

KoemansNumberTens

Didn't do Fulham any harm. Only watched the 2nd half but they bossed Spurs all over and Lookman was a revelation when he came on. He played this one through-ball that was James-esque in its perfection. Wish things had worked out better for him here. He was a real game-changer. Imagine having him on the bench instead of Tosun?

Iíd have him back in the summer. Heís clearly got plenty of talent and heís a much more exciting option than anything that sits on our bench

January 14, 2021, 07:03:02 PM
Reply #37

Gary1878

There is no way they can postpone any more games without extending the league season. If you consider the FA cup might add a few games and then add Europe into the mix for some of the teams. Then international breaks on top. It's just not possible.

At the very least, it looks like the last 3 months of the season will be 2 games a week, which means we will need every part of our squad to contribute.

Villa could also have up to 4 games in hand on some other sides in the league past the weekend which is just an odd position to be in.

January 14, 2021, 07:04:21 PM
Reply #38

Bluebridge

I'd have him back in the summer. He's clearly got plenty of talent and he's a much more exciting option than anything that sits on our bench
Didnít we sell him?

January 14, 2021, 07:07:13 PM
Reply #39

Waltzer

I'd have him back in the summer. He's clearly got plenty of talent and he's a much more exciting option than anything that sits on our bench
I think the move to us came too soon. I get the feeling he wasn't necessarily that well equipt to take on board suggestions or negative feedback and maybe even moving away from London? Everything up to us had probably been really positive and he was flying, it's a big step up from Charlton and I don't think he was ready. Obviously got lots of talent and I think he needed the knock backs from us and RB to realise it's not always going to be easy and he needed to knuckle down a bit, which he seems to be doing, so so fair play to him

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 14, 2021, 07:11:07 PM
Reply #40

GrantyBoy78

Massive shame for us after the Wolves win, but it's a tough situation for the authorities, and I actually do sympathise in this instance. None of the options are amazing really. Also, we don't want an outbreak of Covid in our squad from contact with asymptomatic players or staff.

Not sure points should be forfeited either, because it could come from anywhere, and isn't necessarily because players have been out partying or whatever.

I do agree that the Euros need to be cancelled though. Utterly ludicrous that they haven't given how late the season will finish. What planet are they on? No one gives a fuck about the Euros. We want people to stay safe, and for domestic seasons to finish properly.
Planet

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

January 14, 2021, 07:11:48 PM
Reply #41

Shogun

Administrator

If you're not angry, you're not listening.

January 14, 2021, 07:12:57 PM
Reply #42

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

January 14, 2021, 07:22:22 PM
Reply #43

cantoffee

Wait are there more international breaks?

Why? Any friendlies should be cancelled and if there are any two legged ties should be changed to 1.

Honestly international friendlies in a fucking global pandemic. Fucking dumb cunts.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 14, 2021, 07:28:44 PM
Reply #44

Mayor Farnum

Not in favour of deducting points. The season is somewhat unusual as it is, we don't want to introduce measures that may make the season any more of a farce than is necessary.
Ask yourself. "What would Lewis Hamilton say?"