January 18, 2021, 03:48:24 PM

Author Topic: Villa game  (Read 3716 times)

January 14, 2021, 03:43:30 PM
Reply #15

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Think if villa is off doucoure ban goes to sheff weds game

Make it so

January 14, 2021, 03:54:55 PM
Reply #16

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Think if villa is off doucoure ban goes to sheff weds game
Ah just checked i think Doucoures ban is for Premier league only

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 14, 2021, 04:02:20 PM
Reply #17

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Ah well, was a nice thought
Simply simply lovely

January 14, 2021, 04:10:38 PM
Reply #18

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Don’t think the rest does us any good.

Especially games that get cancelled four hours before kick off. These players would’ve prepared themselves physically and mentally for that game.

They’ve made a mess of the whole situation. As if those Euros can go ahead. Get them cancelled to make room for all the rescheduled fixtures.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 14, 2021, 04:11:28 PM
Reply #19

TSGun

With regards to the season and covid interruptions I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's an early termination all together.

Here in Aus we played our national football season through the worst of the initial lockdowns by placing all teams within a bubble together at a designated single location and only playing at 2-3 select venues. It worked.
Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all. The needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before.

January 14, 2021, 04:12:20 PM
Reply #20

KoemansNumberTens

If this doesn't go ahead then we've got a fairly big rest ahead of Sheff wed next weekend and league wise Leicester isn't until the 27th. Hoping we will have Allan back by then to cover up Doucoures absence, who I assume misses the next league game?

Villa saying they aren't allowed back into their training ground til Saturday so I'm assuming it will get called off

He’d miss the cup game instead surely

January 14, 2021, 04:18:09 PM
Reply #21

Lazarou

Off

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🔵 | Our away match against Aston Villa, scheduled to be played on Sunday at 12pm, has been postponed by the Premier League Board. #EFC</p>&mdash; Everton (@Everton) January 14, 2021 <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Britain - Home of The Turd Reich

January 14, 2021, 04:19:28 PM
Reply #22

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
He'd miss the cup game instead surely
See previous Sir Stealth post

Kind regards,

Sir Stealths secretary

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 14, 2021, 04:25:45 PM
Reply #23

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

January 14, 2021, 04:27:49 PM
Reply #24

Cozzie

Could work in our favour but could not.

Honestly don't know anymore.

January 14, 2021, 04:33:30 PM
Reply #25

Gary1878

I don't think it helps at all.

We had a fantastic result against Wolves and have some very positive momentum which now stops.

One small positive is that it helps get DCL and Allan back, and also gives Richy and Digne more recovery time. However the games are going to come thick and fast in the next few months now and it will be a huge concern for the wellbeing and fitness of the players.

January 14, 2021, 04:33:40 PM
Reply #26

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
For context, the NFL had one game all season postponed.

With squads of 53 players where close physical contact is a massive part of the game.

The Cleveland browns won their first play off game with numerous people having to isolate including their coach, with their facility being closed most of the week.

This game has essentially been cancelled because Aston Villa think they haven’t had enough time to train which is rubbish as players can keep themselves fit at home.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 14, 2021, 04:44:14 PM
Reply #27

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
It’s fine as long as the rules stay the same.
We get a chance to rest players and for the likes of Allan, DCL, Richarlison etc to overcome injuries. This could really set us up for a good run of games with a fully fit squad.
My concern is that later in the season, when we have games to make up, the same rules may not be applied should we have an outbreak within the squad. As the league will be desperate to finish the season..... we shall see

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
(Zoolander)

January 14, 2021, 05:13:09 PM
Reply #28

Bluebridge

That never used to be the case, I wonder when that changed?

January 14, 2021, 05:14:45 PM
Reply #29

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
If covid hits us, there's gonna be a lot of games to be played in a very short time
Simply simply lovely