March 05, 2021, 12:42:42 AM

Author Topic: AGM  (Read 2887 times)

January 15, 2021, 02:42:39 AM
Read 2887 times

TB0909

AGM
No signings this window apparently, outgoings only due to FFP.

Hopefully some Gomes form and injury luck.

Sent from my SM-N970F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 15, 2021, 02:50:44 AM
Reply #1

Coyney83

I know it was a virtual meeting this evening, but was anyone on the invite list? And if yes, was there anything of particular note that came out of it?

Summary of interviews with DBB, Ancelotti and Brands on the OS. Likely reading too much into it, but with his contract expiring this summer, you could interpret Brands’ sign off as being quite final...

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1973858/everton-ceo-provides-stadium-update-at-general-meeting

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1973719/ancelotti-and-brands-underline-hunger-to-deliver-everton-success

January 15, 2021, 03:10:12 AM
Reply #2

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, there was no mention of brands signing a new deal which I find strange.

Looks like he could be off which would concern me.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 15, 2021, 03:16:20 AM
Reply #3

Macca77

James was a free transfer, sensational business that. Loads losing their head's over Brands saying January signings are unlikely, nobheads

January 15, 2021, 03:31:06 AM
Reply #4

cantoffee

Wants the squad to be 23 or 24, down from the 27 it is now (which doesn't include Bolasie or Besic).

I would assume we will hope to shift Delph, Lossl, Beni, and maybe Kenny/Tosun. Although I'd guess we'd be willing to accept offers for Bernard, and Sig as well.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 15, 2021, 03:33:52 AM
Reply #5

Mayor Farnum

I'd imagine we would consider offers for all but about 5 players if we're concerned about FFP.
Everton; we'd like to win as long as we don't upset anyone in doing so.

January 15, 2021, 04:29:18 AM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
No money spent on signings or no signings at all?
Simply simply lovely

January 15, 2021, 04:33:10 AM
Reply #7

indiantoffee1975

Understandable we won't be purchasing any players this window but if we get shut of Tosun, JJK and Bolasie then think we might still see someone brought in on loan for cover upfront.

January 15, 2021, 04:51:23 AM
Reply #8

Jamokachi

Yeah, there was no mention of brands signing a new deal which I find strange.

Looks like he could be off which would concern me.

Not really the place to discuss it... especially if negotiations are ongoing. Wouldn't read too much into it, at this stage.

January 15, 2021, 04:58:07 AM
Reply #9

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not really the place to discuss it... especially if negotiations are ongoing. Wouldn't read too much into it, at this stage.

Maybe, the athletic did say a few weeks ago that they expect him to sign his deal. Just think it’s a bit late in the day and we’ve not heard much.

January 15, 2021, 05:01:41 AM
Reply #10

Jamokachi

Maybe, the athletic did say a few weeks ago that they expect him to sign his deal. Just think it’s a bit late in the day and we’ve not heard much.

It's getting closer than I'd like to be honest. Hopefully he stays, definitely feels as though we're only mid way through his plan in terms of squad and academy set up etc.

January 15, 2021, 05:10:25 AM
Reply #11

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It's getting closer than I'd like to be honest. Hopefully he stays, definitely feels as though we're only mid way through his plan in terms of squad and academy set up etc.

We’ve heard a lot about his work behind the scenes with the academy and scouting networks over the last year. Surely he wouldn’t bother if he was leaving.

January 15, 2021, 03:58:23 PM
Reply #12

mikey_blue

We've heard a lot about his work behind the scenes with the academy and scouting networks over the last year. Surely he wouldn't bother if he was leaving.

Added to the board also? Surely that’s an indication he’s in this for the long haul.

January 15, 2021, 04:35:18 PM
Reply #13

Waltzer

We've heard a lot about his work behind the scenes with the academy and scouting networks over the last year. Surely he wouldn't bother if he was leaving.
Your still professional and do your job, not sure if people in his position would just down tools if he was entering the last year of a 3 year contract, wouldn't do his reputation much good?

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 15, 2021, 04:38:17 PM
Reply #14

Waltzer

Added to the board also? Surely that's an indication he's in this for the long haul.
Elstone was added to the board in 2016 and left in 2017, not sure it's an indicator of anything?

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app