March 04, 2021, 11:49:56 PM

Author Topic: Goal difference  (Read 1954 times)

January 18, 2021, 04:04:01 PM
Read 1954 times

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
With only a couple of points separating the top 6 or 7 we really need to start winning a few games by two or three clear goals otherwise we could lose out on Europe on goal difference, problem is, against who are we going to bang three or four in ?

January 18, 2021, 04:20:03 PM
Reply #1

Dr. Sponge

I wouldnt worry too much about this, we just need to keep winning games.

January 20, 2021, 02:03:20 AM
Reply #2

BlueNoseMike

Interesting stat relating to this

When richy, digne, james and dcl all start together
21 goals in 7 games

7 goals in the other 10. So with these 4 playing and iwobi also starting to be prominent, the goals may come back. Especially when it gets dryer again

Rarely are these things ever settled on goal difference anyway. As said above, wouldnt worry

January 20, 2021, 03:16:18 AM
Reply #3

GrantyBoy78

We play Burnley, West Brom, Palace and Brighton consecutively, in March/April. Should be able to go bang a few in.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

January 20, 2021, 06:56:06 AM
Reply #4

Undisputed_blue

With only a couple of points separating the top 6 or 7 we really need to start winning a few games by two or three clear goals otherwise we could lose out on Europe on goal difference, problem is, against who are we going to bang three or four in ?

Just beat Man City 5 nil - problem sorted!  :thumbsup:

January 20, 2021, 04:03:18 PM
Reply #5

TSGun

Another interesting stat is in the season we last finished 4th we ended with a goal difference of -1.

(2004/5 Can't believe it was so long ago, excuse me while I have an old man moment *shakes head, clicks teeth, chews cud*)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 04:10:18 PM by TSGun »
Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all. The needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before.

January 20, 2021, 04:52:33 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Another interesting stat is in the season we last finished 4th we ended with a goal difference of -1.

(2004/5 Can't believe it was so long ago, excuse me while I have an old man moment *shakes head, clicks teeth, chews cud*)
All thanks to Arsenal stuffing us 7-1.

“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

January 20, 2021, 10:27:02 PM
Reply #7

Stumpy

All thanks to Arsenal stuffing us 7-1.

7-0 actually blarg and 4-1 at goodison so minus 10 just off arsenal.
The same thing happened to west ham in 1999 they finished 5th with a minus goal difference they were just the right side of the line then lost 5-1 at home to leeds then the following saturday we hit them for 6 at goodison.

January 20, 2021, 10:27:56 PM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
7-0 actually blarg and 4-1 at goodison so minus 10 just off arsenal.
The same thing happened to west ham in 1999 they finished 5th with a minus goal difference they were just the right side of the line then lost 5-1 at home to leeds then the following saturday we hit them for 6 at goodison.

Well thanks for making my day lol
“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

January 21, 2021, 01:02:47 AM
Reply #9

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
You got rid of Trump so a lack of 1 goal against Arsenal shouldn't ruin your day....

January 21, 2021, 02:19:34 AM
Reply #10

Mayor Farnum

Didn't we play Arsenal in the League Cup around that time. They put their under fifteens out against us. Despite us going one up they came back to win about 5-1 or something like that.
Everton; we'd like to win as long as we don't upset anyone in doing so.

January 22, 2021, 12:06:39 AM
Reply #11

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Something like that. Hated playing against that vintage Arsenal. We’d win a corner and I’d immediately think ‘oh shit, here we go again’
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

January 22, 2021, 12:54:40 AM
Reply #12

Stumpy

Something like that. Hated playing against that vintage Arsenal. We’d win a corner and I’d immediately think ‘oh shit, here we go again’
Yup they were a nightmare to play against.
Great to watch when it wasn't against us mind.
On the corner topic.Spurs had a corner playing them and from the time the ball was struck by the spurs player 9 seconds later it was in the back of the spurs net.

February 04, 2021, 09:30:59 PM
Reply #13

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Calling it now, we could well end up with same number of points as 4th/5th and 6th positions but lose out on Europe on goal difference, need to start banging 3 or 4 in not just scraping by on the odd goal.

February 04, 2021, 09:33:30 PM
Reply #14

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Calling it now, we could well end up with same number of points as 4th/5th and 6th positions but lose out on Europe on goal difference, need to start banging 3 or 4 in not just scraping by on the odd goal.
I'll just take wins at the minute to be honest
Simply simply lovely