March 06, 2021, 05:01:14 PM

Author Topic: Do you dislike Man UTD? And if so why?  (Read 2142 times)

January 21, 2021, 06:51:16 PM
Read 2142 times

ajax_andy

Having grown up in the North East I may be missing something regarding North West teams, but I often notice people on here saying they dislike Man U.

I've always liked them more than most teams, certainly not as much as a second team (the would be Sunderland), but had a Manc mate at uni and loved them winning the Champions League in the dying seconds.

Obvs the whole Moyes thing soured things a little, but does people's dislike stem from more than just this?

Interested to hear people's thoughts on this.

January 21, 2021, 07:02:04 PM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Always disliked them

Growing up they were always (or it felt that way) the golden child of the media despite us and Liverpool being a lot lot better
Thats not something you can give up, even more so when they became good and we became shite

Theres a lot of teams I dislike tbh Utd are second I would say behind Liverpool
Simply simply lovely

January 21, 2021, 08:05:26 PM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
I dislike them quite heavily now because when they're good it's a reminder of the hype machine that surrounds them. However I owe them a lot of gratitude for allowing me to grow up in a time where they won everything and Liverpool didn't.

If you're not angry, you're not listening.

January 21, 2021, 08:09:12 PM
Reply #3

BlueForYou

Well - if United, Liverpool and Arsenal were in the bottom three...I would smile!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 21, 2021, 08:20:53 PM
Reply #4

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
No team will beat Liverpool for the amount of dislike I have for them but as the others have said it is the hype about Utd, that gets to me. I am not a big fan of Ole too,

The goal from Whiteside in the 85 cup final still rankles with me today, as I don't feel that Mr Kendall's champions of the mid eighties, get the credit they deserve, winning a treble, would have probably addressed that.

January 22, 2021, 12:19:32 AM
Reply #5

74Blue

I dislike Utd. Not quite as much as I fucking hate that shower of utter fucking inbred goshites from across Stanley Park, bit I do have a strong disliking for them all the same.
I think it stems from them being media darlings throughout a period where they won almost fuck all. They were always the fucking nearly men. Spent shitloads of money and won fuck all. Plus, they were managed by that utter fucking shitehawk Ron fucking Atkinson when I was a kid. I couldn't fucking bear that bellend.

January 22, 2021, 12:31:55 PM
Reply #6

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
Not exactly a fan of theirs, but my hatred for Spurs and Newcastle come way above them, dwarfed only my contempt for the whiney cunts from across the park

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
(Zoolander)

January 22, 2021, 01:34:40 PM
Reply #7

Robioto

I dislike them, but I dislike Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City a whole lot more

January 22, 2021, 02:28:37 PM
Reply #8

Deano Blue Boy

We hate them because they're manks.

January 22, 2021, 06:37:18 PM
Reply #9

stirlingblue

Always had a soft spot for them as my dads a wool who supports United and being born in the late 80s itís not like weíve been competing with them in my lifetime.

January 22, 2021, 09:04:12 PM
Reply #10

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I dislike them...im not consumed by hate like i am with the RS. But i dont like Ole at all, i dislike Bruno a lot too. But i do like Rashford so...

I dont care too much either way but would prefer City to win the league over them.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

January 22, 2021, 09:45:18 PM
Reply #11

Bluenose 91

Don't really bother me in general but find myself absolutely hating them when we play them.

Outside of that though they annoy Liverpool fans so that's good enough for me.

January 22, 2021, 10:06:23 PM
Reply #12

Gash

Global Moderator
I don't mind them too much, I think I look at them more with envy and a grudging respect rather than dislike. We had two fairly recent league titles when the Premier League came along, they hadn't won it in about 25 years, the change in fortunes since then is staggering.

I (like most fans probably) often think that if only we'd had the right people in charge we could have been the same, or at least up there challenging. Here we are still trying to get a new stadium while they redeveloped Old Trafford to a near 80K seater stadium, they're at the stage OT's getting a little tired while we haven't even managed a redevelopment or a move yet.

January 22, 2021, 11:25:50 PM
Reply #13

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Donít like them because they usually thrash us. Hate the RS and skunks way more though.

ďHuman progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.Ē~ Andre Geim

January 22, 2021, 11:36:43 PM
Reply #14

ajax_andy

Donít like them because they usually thrash us. Hate the RS and skunks way more though.

Imagine living in the North East, having a Sunderland fan as a best mate growing up, getting to go to the Stadium of Light often with free tickets because his dad worked for vaux... Going to Sunderland uni... And then your son being born in Newcastle and being a toon supporter.

I'm not sure how much fake love of Newcastle United I can manage and for how long for his benefit 😂