July 01, 2022, 05:17:20 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Leicester Wednesday 8.15 Kick Off  (Read 31552 times)

January 26, 2021, 11:37:53 PM
Reply #60

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldnít say that; Godfrey played over 50 games at DM for Shrewsbury, and nearly got them promoted to the Championship, whereas in his season at Norwich playing as CB in the Prem, he was in a relegated side, that conceded tons of goals. He remains this Shrewsbury journalistís favourite player

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2020/05/23/my-favourite-player-ben-godfrey-a-class-act-on-and-off-the-pitch/

And the Norwich fans, knowing how heíd starred at DM in that loan move, naturally speculated about his best position

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/124345-ben-godfrey-the-future-midfield-general/

Whereas Holgate played three games at DM, was it, for Fergusonís backs to the wall Everton.

Thatís at league one level though.

Thereís a reason why Norwich shifted him to CB when he moved up the levels.

Unless we have a massive injury crisis I doubt weíll ever see him play in the middle.

Holgate has the quality on the ball to play there. Iíve not seen any of that with Godfrey.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 27, 2021, 12:26:15 AM
Reply #61

sam of the south

Thatís at league one level though.

Thereís a reason why Norwich shifted him to CB when he moved up the levels.

Unless we have a massive injury crisis I doubt weíll ever see him play in the middle.

Holgate has the quality on the ball to play there. Iíve not seen any of that with Godfrey.

Godfrey actually understands the position, though. Was trained to play there at York, Norwich, and Shrewsbury. And he nearly carried a side to the Championship in that position, as a 20 year-old playing among men

Holgate has none of that.

Farke turned Godfrey into a CB precisely because he is good on the ball, as thatís what he wants from his side. Sure, we havenít seen that quality from him here, because heís been playing in an unfamiliar, all action FB role.

But I agree, itís unlikely weíll see either of them in DM much, if at all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

January 27, 2021, 01:23:02 AM
Reply #62

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Farhad Moshiri, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 27, 2021, 01:42:49 AM
Reply #63

sam of the south

I like the way you worked that..

Hey yo, hey yo, hey yo, hey yooooo!  (Hey yo, Digne looks good!)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

January 27, 2021, 03:47:11 AM
Reply #64

Heisenberg

Myth that Holgate is good on the ball
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 27, 2021, 03:50:49 AM
Reply #65

Cozzie

None of the results gone our way tonight.

Need a win badly now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, It will live its whole life believing that it is Stupid.

January 27, 2021, 03:57:32 AM
Reply #66

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not getting too attached to those top positions because I just don't think we have been or are good enough to maintain.

The expected stuff all puts us in the middle pack rather than that top pack. I think and hope we finish higher up, but they're a bit better than us and I won't be surprised if it looks it on the night.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 27, 2021, 05:57:28 AM
Reply #67

Undisputed_blue

Godfrey has done well for Everton so far but I don't see him as a midfielder. His poise and control on the ball are not polished enough for me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 27, 2021, 08:35:24 AM
Reply #68

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Not getting too attached to those top positions because I just don't think we have been or are good enough to maintain.

The expected stuff all puts us in the middle pack rather than that top pack. I think and hope we finish higher up, but they're a bit better than us and I won't be surprised if it looks it on the night.
The good news is itís totally in our hands. We have many games in hand over everyone else. Focus and take one game at a time. Thereís absolutely no reason we canít finish high. The players have already proven they can do it.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Whoever controls the media, controls the mind."

January 27, 2021, 08:53:13 AM
Reply #69

Omar

NSNO Subscriber
Put us on the late game on Wednesday and the early game on Saturday, WTF? You think the league is sending us a message or something, fucking bellends.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You come at the king, you best not miss.

January 27, 2021, 11:52:29 AM
Reply #70

Lazarou

Nervous excitement already kicked in. This is a biggie, not that I think we will finish top four or anything but Everton this season has actually been a positive in the sea of shite.

Be interesting to see how Leicester do with no striker if they setup like they did in the last match against inferior opposition.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Infinite growth on a finite planet.

January 27, 2021, 12:02:55 PM
Reply #71

howard1334

Without Vardy, I am not so sure they are better than us. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 27, 2021, 02:00:23 PM
Reply #72

Gary1878

Leicester arenít better than us, as proved by our fantastic 2-0 win at their place a few weeks ago.

But there are lots of similarities between us and them that are interesting:

- Solid CB pairing. Soyuncu and Evans Marshall the defence well and donít concede many - a bit like Keane/Mina in the last 10-12 games
- FB/WB - like us, they rely on these positions pushing very high up the pitch to support their wingers. Justin has slotted in unbelievably well considering Chilwell left a big gap there.
Midfield - comfortable ball players either with possession or on the counter. Perhaps one area that Leicester slightly shade us on, as I really rate Ndidi and Tielemans and the way they control games.
Vardy - a position all on his own and someone that is absolutely vital to their success. However DCL is as important to us as Vardy is to them, so has a similar level of impact.
Creativity - Maddison v James. As much as I like Maddison, there is only one winner here at his best. This is where we could get the upper hand if we can keep enough of the ball.

But like us they are also a very good team that always seems to have a plan to be able to win the game.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 27, 2021, 02:01:35 PM
Reply #73

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Leicester aren't better than us, as proved by our fantastic 2-0 win at their place a few weeks ago.

But there are lots of similarities between us and them that are interesting:

- Solid CB pairing. Soyuncu and Evans Marshall the defence well and don't concede many - a bit like Keane/Mina in the last 10-12 games
- FB/WB - like us, they rely on these positions pushing very high up the pitch to support their wingers. Justin has slotted in unbelievably well considering Chilwell left a big gap there.
Midfield - comfortable ball players either with possession or on the counter. Perhaps one area that Leicester slightly shade us on, as I really rate Ndidi and Tielemans and the way they control games.
Vardy - a position all on his own and someone that is absolutely vital to their success. However DCL is as important to us as Vardy is to them, so has a similar level of impact.
Creativity - Maddison v James. As much as I like Maddison, there is only one winner here at his best. This is where we could get the upper hand if we can keep enough of the ball.

But like us they are also a very good team that always seems to have a plan to be able to win the game.
Isn't that Fofana their first choice centre back now alongside Evans rather than Soyuncu?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 27, 2021, 02:34:09 PM
Reply #74

bigmanbob

We have many games in hand over everyone else.
Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Unfortunately one of those is against a now high flying City, it would have been better for us playing them when they were on a bad run.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions