April 15, 2021, 08:45:52 PM

Author Topic: Tyler Onyango  (Read 3532 times)

January 26, 2021, 08:04:12 PM
Reply #15

Undisputed_blue

Trying way way way too hard now

It may be hard for you and others but not for me!

January 26, 2021, 08:06:34 PM
Reply #16

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Impossible to read anything much in to a 5 minute cameo against an already beaten lower league team.

He looked fine, but really none the wiser as to whether he's going to make it.

January 26, 2021, 08:08:11 PM
Reply #17

Undisputed_blue

Impossible to read anything much in to a 5 minute cameo against an already beaten lower league team.

Well Ancelotti seemed to have confidence in him.

January 26, 2021, 08:20:14 PM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

Agreed but given how cautious Ancelotti has been in using Gordon, it's a little indicator that he thinks both young lads who came on are talented and have a bright future.

I think also it's a smart move to do it in a game that done and dusted. It lets all the academy lads know there might be a route to the first team if they work hard and are good enough, and lets a few fringe first team lads know they maybe have to pull their socks up a bit. Really good management.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 26, 2021, 08:26:06 PM
Reply #19

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I'd perhaps say the fact that he was given the game time is the promising bit, not necessarily the cameo itself.

January 26, 2021, 08:47:35 PM
Reply #20

Undisputed_blue

Agreed but given how cautious Ancelotti has been in using Gordon, it's a little indicator that he thinks both young lads who came on are talented and have a bright future.

I think also it's a smart move to do it in a game that done and dusted. It lets all the academy lads know there might be a route to the first team if they work hard and are good enough, and lets a few fringe first team lads know they maybe have to pull their socks up a bit. Really good management.

Gordon is an entirely different type of player. The teenagers who came on looked physically stronger. I suspect most people haven't got that eye for spotting good talent.

January 26, 2021, 09:15:03 PM
Reply #21

Undisputed_blue

I am very comfortable in sticking my neck out on matters not accepted by the mainstream people for the past several decades and often proved right. I am very confident in my ability thank you very much.

January 26, 2021, 10:09:03 PM
Reply #22

sam of the south

Well, obviously.

But then again, you’re not a veteran of the local church league, so with all due respect, you’re not really qualified to answer.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 26, 2021, 10:31:37 PM
Reply #23

Danny

I am very comfortable in sticking my neck out on matters not accepted by the mainstream people for the past several decades and often proved right. I am very confident in my ability thank you very much.

Hopefully you’re right then because we need something exactly like a better Doucoure.

January 26, 2021, 10:44:48 PM
Reply #24

adaml

When Trevor Steven made his Everton debut, he asked manager Kendall how to win the support of the fans. Howard told him to get a tackle in and make it early.

Tyler obliged. Love him already!
Seem too remember Baningime doing this, not sure it's worked for him yet.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 26, 2021, 10:46:41 PM
Reply #25

ajax_andy

We really should be loaning some of these young prospects to the church leagues given the high standard there.

January 26, 2021, 11:21:40 PM
Reply #26

mikey_blue

We really should be loaning some of these young prospects to the church leagues given the high standard there.

What if undisputed_blue has them off and their confidence is never the same? Risky business that.

January 26, 2021, 11:30:18 PM
Reply #27

Undisputed_blue

Risky business, one of my worst injury came from that league. One player caught my ankle with his studs after dancing through three players. I had to buy a new set of shin pads.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 11:36:23 PM by Undisputed_blue »

January 27, 2021, 12:05:52 AM
Reply #28

Undisputed_blue

January 27, 2021, 12:27:41 AM
Reply #29

sam of the south

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau