July 01, 2022, 05:29:55 PM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton [FINAL SCORE Liverpool 0 - 2 Everton] COYB  (Read 46536 times)

February 18, 2021, 02:46:35 PM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You have to have Keane here instead of Godfrey, surely?

Keane has been, largely, immense and faultless.

Save Godfrey for when  Coleman tires.

Tbh I don't like keane. He's a big slow stick in the mud. Been good this year but hopefully that means we can sell him.

Godfrey / Holgate...don't like either of them either at CB so my choice was just more...if they play balls in behind then I want someone who can turn. We need to start pushing this line up, sitting back waiting to get beat ATM.

Keane will still be turning around Sunday night if someone dinks one over him I'm afraid.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 18, 2021, 03:50:49 PM
Reply #31

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
They're an excellent team, and they'll be well up for this. They have actually been playing well generally, despite the results.

Ultimately, they're just much better than us, and we can have all the desire and heart in the world, but if they play anywhere close to their capacity, they'll win comfortably.
Itís times like this that I wish there were an ďagreeĒ button rather than a like button, obviously I donít like what youíre saying but it is the truth.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 18, 2021, 03:52:45 PM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

Itís times like this that I wish there were an ďagreeĒ button rather than a like button, obviously I donít like what youíre saying but it is the truth.

Yeah it's no fun, agreed. I prefer brutal honesty as a coping mechanism - being an Everton with with all the psychological trauma that entails.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 18, 2021, 03:57:49 PM
Reply #33

TSGun

I'm still recovering from the Fulham game.

Aren't we due an upset?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all. The needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before.

February 18, 2021, 03:58:01 PM
Reply #34

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn't hit me the same without the fans.

Hope the first derby is at anfield next season and not at goodison. Would be extremely unfair for us to have three Merseyside derbies without fans.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 18, 2021, 04:37:36 PM
Reply #35

BlueForYou

It will be Anfield first

The Tweakerman tweaks...

Virginia
Coleman     Holgate        Keane        Godfrey
Davies        Allan            Doucoure   Digne
                 DCL              Richarlison

Not pretty

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 18, 2021, 05:00:43 PM
Reply #36

Sixx1402

I admire the optimism but we're getting nothing out of this. As Bluedylan said they're a much better team than us and coupled with this seemingly ridiculous mental thing we have when playing them, I can only see them winning at a canter.

No doubt Mohamed Salad and Horse Mane will have the game of their lives and leave our defence in tatters, Klopp sprinting around the pitch 6 billion times at the final whistle whilst punching his chest to an almost empty stadium.

Yes I hate them, bunch of cunts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 18, 2021, 05:02:49 PM
Reply #37

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Worse sides than ours have beaten this mob.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 18, 2021, 05:17:38 PM
Reply #38

Bluenose 91

Hoping the lack of fans will take away the mental side of things that can hold us back in this fixture.

They've also really struggled recently against sides who have set up a bit like you imagine we will.

I'd still be made up with a point anyway.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 18, 2021, 05:19:43 PM
Reply #39

Fieldy618

Worse sides than ours have beaten this mob.
It's just another game to them, which they're expected to lose. We shit ourselves whenever the derby is even mentioned.

I blame Moyes for a lot of this - did well with us no doubt but he definitely instilled a 'knives to a gun fight' inferiority complex which we just don't ever look like shaking off.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 18, 2021, 05:22:33 PM
Reply #40

ajax_andy

Ideal world

Not arsed

Coleman Mina Godfrey? Digne

Allan Doucoure

James                              Wobes

DCL Rich

Yikes! Dread to think how much they'd exploit us playing a 4-4-2 / 4-2-4 with James and Coleman down the right.

Would be total suicide playing this.

I don't want us just to shut up shop, so get where you're coming from with this lineup, but we'd get absolutely destroyed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 18, 2021, 05:26:02 PM
Reply #41

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yikes! Dread to think how much they'd exploit us playing a 4-4-2 / 4-2-4 with James and Coleman down the right.

Would be total suicide playing this.

I don't want us just to shut up shop, so get where you're coming from with this lineup, but we'd get absolutely destroyed.

Holgate is worse than Coleman at almost everything. He's a bit taller.

James *shrug* just be nice to see us play a bit of footy and he can play.

Getting smashed either way, we are better in 442 than any other formation so why not.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 18, 2021, 05:54:35 PM
Reply #42

Macca77

They've lost 3 on the bounce at home, really can't see us making it 4
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 18, 2021, 05:57:09 PM
Reply #43

ajax_andy

Holgate is worse than Coleman at almost everything. He's a bit taller.

James *shrug* just be nice to see us play a bit of footy and he can play.

Getting smashed either way, we are better in 442 than any other formation so why not.

Yeah get that we need to play footy, and I'd have Coleman RB over Holgate.  Just don't think 4-2-4 with James right would work against Liverpool with their full backs bombing on.

Think we can play James on the right but we'd need a midfield three of Doucoure - Davies - Allan
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 18, 2021, 06:30:47 PM
Reply #44

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I watched them against RB Leipzig the other day and one thing that stood out was how fragile Alisson looked. His distribution was awful, gave the  ball away to opposition players or just hoofed it out for a throw in under no pressure a number of times

Definitely worth closing him down I think. Also Kabak doesn't look too convincing and the right back simply can't defend so that's where a few weaknesses lie

Taking the lead could be key as their heads seem to go down when this happens as they think 'ah its another one of these games'

The midfield if its Thiago, Jones, Wijnaldum isn't exactly full of tackles, though as much as we have taken the piss out of Thiago he does usually pass it well

Salah and Mane continue to be extremely dangerous. Both goals the other night came from mistakes that they pounced on. Deep defensive line would appear to be a must

Our best route to goal may well be from a corner, Mina would have been a good player for us to have for this. Hopefully Keane and DCL can cause them problems, both scored headers in the home game

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!