April 15, 2021, 08:16:09 PM

Author Topic: Max Aarons  (Read 11155 times)

February 24, 2021, 07:33:28 PM
Reply #30

bigdunc9

I'd say it does. 15 years ago we didn't have a wealthy owner nor did we have Carlo.
Maybe a bit part of it was baines being a blue.
You're saying something that may or may not have happened 15+ years ago holds any bearing on today, so.

February 24, 2021, 07:34:17 PM
Reply #31

ajax_andy

Thatís the modern fullback. TAA, Lamptey, etc canít defend. A lot of these players are converted wingers, so defending isnít natural to them. Thatís not to say they wonít get there, eventually.

I like Aarons but seems on the expensive side, especially when the likes of Joakim Mśhle went for Ä10m in the summer.

Iíd understand the signing and think he could work out well, but itís a bit on the lazy side, if Iím honest.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Probably ready to go though, and can no doubt be improved massively by Ancelotti's coaching.

You could take a £30m - £40m player and have a £70m asset on your hands in one or two seasons.

*I think he costs too much in fairness at those figures, but do see the potential upside to doing a deal at that price.

February 24, 2021, 07:48:34 PM
Reply #32

Waltzer

Probably ready to go though, and can no doubt be improved massively by Ancelotti's coaching.

You could take a £30m - £40m player and have a £70m asset on your hands in one or two seasons.

*I think he costs too much in fairness at those figures, but do see the potential upside to doing a deal at that price.
I'm not sure that's true and hasn't really played through that way. Paying 30-40 is probably way over what he's worth, so no guarantees he'd all of a sudden increase exponentially.
If this is the model, which I think it is, then you need to be picking them up for 10-15 million, not 30/40

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

February 24, 2021, 07:51:29 PM
Reply #33

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure that's true and hasn't really played through that way. Paying 30-40 is probably way over what he's worth, so no guarantees he'd all of a sudden increase exponentially.
If this is the model, which I think it is, then you need to be picking them up for 10-15 million, not 30/40

You're not picking anybody up for 10-15m nowadays though.

But you're general point is correct. The £25m Godfreys of the world should be the market we dip into a couple of times a year.

February 24, 2021, 07:56:43 PM
Reply #34

Waltzer

You're not picking anybody up for 10-15m nowadays though.

But you're general point is correct. The £25m Godfreys of the world should be the market we dip into a couple of times a year.
Probably right, I was just looking if we paid 40 million that would be top end, especially in today's market. The most expensive fullback ever is Lucas Hernandez at 68 million and that was when prices were sky high, so the expectations Aaron's would be worth this in a year or so would be ambitious imo

February 24, 2021, 08:19:56 PM
Reply #35

ajax_andy

Probably right, I was just looking if we paid 40 million that would be top end, especially in today's market. The most expensive fullback ever is Lucas Hernandez at 68 million and that was when prices were sky high, so the expectations Aaron's would be worth this in a year or so would be ambitious imo

I have no real idea what he's worth as I don't think I've ever seen him play.  More that if he is actually worth £30m-£40m he's likely to be worth a lot more once he's developed here. 

Completely agree that if he's only worth £15m - £20m we should be looking to not pay over the odds for him.

February 24, 2021, 08:22:45 PM
Reply #36

cantoffee

I think we could see prices stagnate or potentially drop this summer as clubs deal with ongoing financial stress from the pandemic.

Can't see paying 40 million pounds for this level of player but maybe I'm wrong. Obviously would improve us but if they don't need to sell and demand that high a price I don't see why we wouldn't look elsewhere for better value.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

February 24, 2021, 08:45:34 PM
Reply #37

stirlingblue

Clubs also just charge premier league teams more as they know how much money is in the league.

The likes of Maehle is the type of player you see go for £15-£20m if weíre buying vs £10m for Atalanta

February 24, 2021, 09:48:49 PM
Reply #38

formerKHL

clubs will always over inflate an assett that they see the potential to over inflate...

norwich have just seen godfrey come to us for £25mill and basically take off value wise....any other player with that potential they'll treat as once bitten twice shy...(or greedy)...value him at 30-40 and settle on around 25-28...maybe with add ons

February 25, 2021, 09:00:41 PM
Reply #39

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Are there any really good right backs in world football compared to left backs? Just seems like there is a lack of quality there.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Imam Jagne, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 25, 2021, 09:11:02 PM
Reply #40

Robioto

Are there any really good right backs in world football compared to left backs? Just seems like there is a lack of quality there.

Me and my mates been discussing this recently and it does seem like there is a shortage. To be fair England along with Aarons probably have three of the most promising in Europe with Alexander-Arnold (I know he's been shit recently) and Reece James - then Aaron Wan-Bissaka is very good defensively and James Justin is good too.

Others off the top of my head would be Dest, Mukiele and maybe Frimpong? There's not a lot of obvious young up and coming players at RB, but my knowledge of European football isn't what it once was.

February 25, 2021, 09:12:21 PM
Reply #41

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Even top tier teams donít have very good right backs. TAA is one though. Even City with Walker, not top tier.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Imam Jagne, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 25, 2021, 09:22:51 PM
Reply #42

BlueForYou

RBs: Aarons, Coleman

CBs: Keane, Mina, Branthwaite

LBs: Digne, Nkounkou

UtilityBacks: Godfrey, Holgate

A decent squad of defenders

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 25, 2021, 09:28:10 PM
Reply #43

Bluedylan

Even top tier teams donít have very good right backs. TAA is one though. Even City with Walker, not top tier.

It's Cancelo now. And he's brilliant.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 25, 2021, 09:38:53 PM
Reply #44

Bob Sacamano

Lefties are better in general.

Always thought Beckham played like a right footed lefty.