April 16, 2021, 01:01:16 AM

Author Topic: Max Aarons  (Read 11595 times)

YellowHold and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

February 26, 2021, 01:27:45 AM
Reply #60

velimski

Irwin was very good. Equally comfortable at right back or left back. A bit like Philip Lahm.

February 26, 2021, 01:32:25 AM
Reply #61

Bob Sacamano

Part of me was wondering if he was a right back so I think youíre right.

What about Ian Harte. He could ping them.

That mutt was a lefty

February 26, 2021, 01:35:22 AM
Reply #62

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
That mutt was a lefty

I know. Weíre talking left backs here arenít we?

Baines
Cole
Irwin
Harte
Evra

Top five premier league left backs

I canít really think of any great right backs to go back to stealths point.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 26, 2021, 01:37:35 AM
Reply #63

Bob Sacamano

I know. Weíre talking left backs here arenít we?

Baines
Cole
Irwin
Harte
Evra

Top five premier league left backs

I canít really think of any great right backs to go back to stealths point.

Yeah I must have got mixed up.

You could reel off lefties for days and still not be halfway down the list. They just seem to have a different way of striking a ball. I said earlier that Beckham always reminded me of a lefty. Itís that mad angle his body took up when striking the ball I think.

February 26, 2021, 01:42:42 AM
Reply #64

velimski

Was Harte really that good?

Could take a free kick but was incredibly slow.

February 26, 2021, 01:49:45 AM
Reply #65

Bluedylan

Bit more from Romano -

He said: ďEverton are now working to sign Max Aarons, they want a new right-back. Heís doing great work at Norwich and we are talking about potentially one of the future right-backs for England.

ďEverton are working to sign him Ė theyíre interested, they have a list and, on this list, Max Aarons is one of their favourites as a right-back. They are signing a new right-back [this] summer and letís see if they can pay because Norwich are asking for around Ä35-40 million, so itís not an easy situation.

ďManchester United [are] scouting him and interested in the situation but [there has been] no contact at the moment. Everton are pushing because they want the player, so, keep an eye on him because he will be one of the names of the summer.Ē
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 26, 2021, 01:51:55 AM
Reply #66

GrantyBoy78

One fullback who I donít think would make it in todayís game is Gary Neville. I donít think the whole ďI wasnít quick, I wasnít technical, but I had heartĒ thing, wouldnít wash, imo. Heíd be a steady, mid-table player.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

February 26, 2021, 01:58:41 AM
Reply #67

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Was Harte really that good?

Could take a free kick but was incredibly slow.

Yeah was only good for a short period too Iíd say.

February 26, 2021, 01:59:18 AM
Reply #68

Bluedylan

There definitely haven't been loads of amazing Prem right backs. Younger Zabaleta was really good. In terms other really good ones, a lot of them are more defensive like G Neville and Ivanovic. Just looking at pure quality on the ball, comparable to some of those LBs, you'd probably have to put TAA in the mix. Not many to choose from.

And then in the wider world game, kinda backing up Ram's point about left backs being more class ands right backs being more about engines, the best ones I can think of are Cafu, Dani Alves and Lahm, all terrorising up and down the flank. More express trains than artists.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

February 26, 2021, 02:06:33 AM
Reply #69

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It's Cancelo now. And he's brilliant.

Isnít Cancelo their LB? Or does he just go where he wants generally?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Imam Jagne, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 26, 2021, 02:11:39 AM
Reply #70

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Loved Roberto Carlos too. Was just mad but adds to the great left back debate.

Didnít Lahm play left back more than right.

One of the best German players ever
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Imam Jagne, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 26, 2021, 02:12:58 AM
Reply #71

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I always think that left backs are better than right backs because most players are right footed so easier to pass to your left. So they grow up with more practice crossing and running onto through balls.

Thatís my theory anyway.

February 26, 2021, 02:13:14 AM
Reply #72

Bluedylan

Isnít Cancelo their LB? Or does he just go where he wants generally?

He has played LB during his time there, but he'made the RB his own this season, and in full hipster, Pep mode he's an inverted RB who comes into central midfield and overloads, and he's probably better than most central midfielders in the league on the ball. The bugger.

February 26, 2021, 02:14:00 AM
Reply #73

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He has played LB during his time there, but he'made the RB his own this season, and in full hipster, Pep mode he's an inverted RB who comes into central midfield and overloads, and he's probably better than most central midfielders in the league on the ball. The bugger.

Yeah, he is ridiculously good

February 26, 2021, 02:15:00 AM
Reply #74

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Heís been playing LB in the big games Iíve thought with Walker at RB.