May 15, 2021, 09:44:06 PM

Author Topic: Max Aarons  (Read 67566 times)

March 01, 2021, 12:51:34 AM
Reply #135

Simon Paul

Administrator
I'm not saying he couldn't turn his Xa into real assists for us but I seem to remember Iwobi having a great Xa for Arsenal, so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. He certainly has the physical attributes we're looking for anyway though
It's the idea balls we need mate

March 01, 2021, 02:00:25 AM
Reply #136

sam of the south

That is a great term
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

March 01, 2021, 02:36:10 AM
Reply #137

bornblue88

I thought it was calculated on the positions you get in rather than whether a striker should score a chance created. I might have just made that up though

Edit: ok it seems to be both plus a few other factors. I’d like to see a breakdown though because it could be that he gets into fantastic positions all day but has poor end product. We could end up with the next Deandre Yedlin if we’re not careful
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 02:58:58 AM by bornblue88 »

March 01, 2021, 03:50:15 AM
Reply #138

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I thought it was calculated on the positions you get in rather than whether a striker should score a chance created. I might have just made that up though

Edit: ok it seems to be both plus a few other factors. I’d like to see a breakdown though because it could be that he gets into fantastic positions all day but has poor end product. We could end up with the next Deandre Yedlin if we’re not careful

I think it's the xg produced as a result of his passes. Where the striker or whoever has taken a shot from as a direct result of his ball in.

So for example James has 4.57 for us, and 4 Assists.

I don't know that much about Max Aarons, I've seen some of his numbers here and there, he seems to get in the box a lot, he seems to be putting the ball on attackers toes plenty, and obviously if we drop that alone into our side it feels like it would be massive for us.

But sidibie produced some attacking numbers for us and he was a bit of a nightmare tbh so you know.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 01, 2021, 06:12:51 AM
Reply #139

cantoffee

I think it's the xg produced as a result of his passes. Where the striker or whoever has taken a shot from as a direct result of his ball in.

I don't know that much about Max Aarons, I've seen some of his numbers here and there, he seems to get in the box a lot, he seems to be putting the ball on attackers toes plenty, and obviously if we drop that alone into our side it feels like it would be massive for us.

But sidibie produced some attacking numbers for us and he was a bit of a nightmare tbh so you know.
Sidibe and Coleman worked ok together though because you could have Sidibe in the team against weaker opposition. Was still an absolute liability at the back but I don't mind getting a younger version of him with plenty of room to improve.

Not sure it's worth 30 or 40 million or whatever but oh well.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 02, 2021, 01:58:45 AM
Reply #140

Danny

If Sidibe was 21 I'd have wanted us to make it permanent.

March 02, 2021, 04:39:40 AM
Reply #141

GrantyBoy78

Much needed, this lad. You can see where the holes are in the team.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 04:50:51 AM by GrantyBoy78 »

March 02, 2021, 04:42:05 AM
Reply #142

Cozzie

He would certainly be more progressive at RB.

In fairness though Holgate isn't one.

We've needed to sort right back out for a while now.
Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, It will live its whole life believing that it is Stupid.

March 02, 2021, 12:06:10 PM
Reply #143

Bluedylan

Maybe if we are moving Moise Kean on, we'll be able to at least get our money back, which would mean that would could bring Max Aarons in without any real net outlay. That would be a really good start to the summer.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 02, 2021, 12:30:48 PM
Reply #144

mikey_blue

Maybe if we are moving Moise Kean on, we'll be able to at least get our money back, which would mean that would could bring Max Aarons in without any real net outlay. That would be a really good start to the summer.

There’s a new Net Spend FC in town!

March 02, 2021, 09:34:58 PM
Reply #145

sam of the south

Anyone know if he’s any good defensively?

Or is he just a threat going forward?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 09:43:10 PM by sam of the south »
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

March 02, 2021, 09:37:41 PM
Reply #146

sam of the south

Ah, there are a few moments in this

Henry David Thoreau

March 03, 2021, 12:39:42 AM
Reply #147

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Not sold on him but reckon Everton could mould him think there's better value but he would certainly improve us

March 05, 2021, 04:04:56 AM
Reply #148

Danny

Ah, there are a few moments in this

He's got the feint's of a young Seamus Coleman, I'm completely sold on him. It just feels like we're making the central midfield more solid with Doucoure and Allan vs the more lightweight ball players and pushing the speed and attack in general onto the wing.

It feels like the first time we've had a proper direction since Moyes left.

March 06, 2021, 08:30:25 PM
Reply #149

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Clearly taking the piss at that level.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates