April 16, 2021, 01:43:50 AM

Author Topic: Can We Make Europe?  (Read 12718 times)

February 25, 2021, 06:59:14 PM
Read 12718 times

Sixx1402

Here are our remaining fixtures and my prediction for them.....

Southampton (Home) - Draw
West Brom (Away) - Win
Chelsea (Away) - Loss
Burnley (Home) - Win
Crystal Palace (Home) - Win
Brighton (Away) - Win
Spurs (Home) - Loss
Arsenal (Away) - Draw
Villa (Home) - Win
West Ham (Away) - Draw
Sheff Utd (Home) - Win
Wolves (Home) - Loss
Man City (Away) - Loss

Villa (Away) - Draw

That would have us on 62 points, is that enough?

I reckon that's between 6th and 8th, any thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 07:37:12 PM by Sixx1402 »
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

February 25, 2021, 07:02:46 PM
Reply #1

kingwynne

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-premier-league-table-predictor-19903900/embedded-webview/liverpoolecho-18356604

Thereís a predictor on the echo, I had us come 5th level on points with Chelsea in 4th on 71 points but Iíve been more favourable on our away results compared to you

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

February 25, 2021, 07:19:00 PM
Reply #2

Cozzie

Here are our remaining fixtures and my prediction for them.....

Southampton (Home) - Draw
West Brom (Away) - Win
Chelsea (Away) - Loss
Burnley (Home) - Win
Crystal Palace (Home) - Win
Brighton (Away) - Win
Spurs (Home) - Loss
Arsenal (Away) - Draw
Villa (Home) - Win
West Ham (Away) - Draw
Sheff Utd (Home) - Win
Wolves (Away) - Loss
Man City (Away) - Loss

That would have us on 61 points, is that enough?

I reckon that's between 6th and 8th, any thoughts?

The wolves game is at home isn't it?

February 25, 2021, 07:20:14 PM
Reply #3

Cozzie

Also don't forget the game in hand V Villa away to factor in as well.

February 25, 2021, 07:30:56 PM
Reply #4

Gary1878

In my humble opinion, this is as good a chance as we will ever get to getting in the top 4.

The fixtures aren't particularly tough, and only the Man City game looks like a loss. The rest we are more than capable of winning.

Ultimately, it is down to the players. No more excuses from them, just depends how much they want it.

What is for sure is that we can't afford any more performances like Fulham. Consistency and keeping up high levels of performance is the only thing that will get us that top 4 spot.

February 25, 2021, 07:35:33 PM
Reply #5

Sixx1402

The wolves game is at home isn't it?
Yeah I'll change, thanks

February 25, 2021, 07:35:50 PM
Reply #6

Sixx1402

Also don't forget the game in hand V Villa away to factor in as well.
And also forgot that lol

February 25, 2021, 07:38:09 PM
Reply #7

Sixx1402

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-premier-league-table-predictor-19903900/embedded-webview/liverpoolecho-18356604

There's a predictor on the echo, I had us come 5th level on points with Chelsea in 4th on 71 points but I've been more favourable on our away results compared to you

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Yeah I did it this morning, that's why I decided to do this post

February 25, 2021, 07:46:13 PM
Reply #8

Bluedylan

I think we'll do very well to get Top 6 (which I'll be delighted with).

Top 4's technically well within reach, but I think Liverpool and Chelsea will be tough to overcome. If we start putting together wins in the supposedly easier games back to back, I'll believe it more.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 25, 2021, 07:53:55 PM
Reply #9

Sixx1402

I think we'll do very well to get Top 6 (which I'll be delighted with).

Top 4's technically well within reach, but I think Liverpool and Chelsea will be tough to overcome. If we start putting together wins in the supposedly easier games back to back, I'll believe it more.
Same here, would be very happy with Europa League next season, Champions League would be crazy and my head tells me we won't make it.

Like you say we need to start performing in these so called "nailed on home wins" otherwise both European competitions will go out of the window

February 25, 2021, 08:13:37 PM
Reply #10

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Would be over the moon with a top six finish, sixth place even, looking at the table now I would say there are 9 teams in with a shout of top six finish, first two probably set in stone, West Ham a dark horse that we didnít reckon with at the beginning of the season, Chelsea will continue to improve, you canít write Spurs off, Villa still very much in it, itís going to be tough but very much doable if we donít keep losing our shit against lesser sides at home.

February 25, 2021, 08:40:12 PM
Reply #11

Cereal Killer

Would be over the moon with a top six finish, sixth place even, looking at the table now I would say there are 9 teams in with a shout of top six finish, first two probably set in stone, West Ham a dark horse that we didnít reckon with at the beginning of the season, Chelsea will continue to improve, you canít write Spurs off, Villa still very much in it, itís going to be tough but very much doable if we donít keep losing our shit against lesser sides at home.

Think Villa have peaked now that Grealish is out for a month

February 25, 2021, 08:44:27 PM
Reply #12

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Think top 4 has to be the goal and Europa a formality.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Imam Jagne, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 25, 2021, 09:53:16 PM
Reply #13

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Think top 4 has to be the goal and Europa a formality.

European qualification in the Premier league will never become a formality, should absolutely be the goal though.

February 25, 2021, 10:05:45 PM
Reply #14

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

West Ham beating us was a propper shitter.