April 16, 2021, 01:34:31 AM

Author Topic: Can We Make Europe?  (Read 12707 times)

Cereal Killer, Mayor Farnum and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

April 07, 2021, 12:34:28 AM
Reply #195

KoemansNumberTens

But the fact is we haven't only signed older players as we also signed Godfrey and Nkoukou.

To me it seems very clear we're buying some for now, some for later.  We also signed one of the older players on a free, so used the market very sensibly on that one as it strengthened us far more than not signing anyone at all instead.

I'm not sure signing someone for 250k who's nowhere near the first team points to a plan of youth development.

April 07, 2021, 12:35:45 AM
Reply #196

KoemansNumberTens

Yes it's been the same for everyone and if we finish 8th we've gone +4 over last season showing a clear improvement against teams  around us.

The outlier in West Ham, who've had a brilliant season, which isn't over yet and who knows where they'll actually finish.  Could be anywhere from 4th to below is.

Do you honestly see a clear improvement when you watch us play? I don't.

April 07, 2021, 12:37:41 AM
Reply #197

Cozzie

Can't call it.

Sick of trying.

If I had to guess, 60-65 finishing 6th-7th?

I predicted 7th at the start before a ball was kicked saying 6th would be incredible.

Given we finished 12th on 49 points last time round that would still represent a cracking season, whether or not that would be enough for europe who knows.

April 07, 2021, 12:40:45 AM
Reply #198

ajax_andy

Do you honestly see a clear improvement when you watch us play? I don't.

At points yes, but playing with no full backs etc gives at least some mitigating factors for our change of style which I don't believe is the plan for next season and beyond

April 07, 2021, 12:45:02 AM
Reply #199

Bluedylan

I don't think we'll make it. We're on a clear downward trend at totally the wrong time in the season.

It's still possible of course, and it probably will be mathematically possible for most of the rest of the season, but I just don't see us having enough to do it.

We rely on very fine margins in most games, and then a game last night where we should win quite heavily. we've found a way to draw the game.

Hugely disappointing if we miss out. Big let down from the manager and the players if we miss out, in my opinion.

People will tell themselves bedtime stories about 8th being a good sign of progress, but it'll be hollow.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 07, 2021, 01:48:12 AM
Reply #200

indiantoffee1975

I was thinking lets get to 60 points and go from there, be a struggle getting to 60 points now.

April 07, 2021, 02:03:21 AM
Reply #201

KoemansNumberTens

At points yes, but playing with no full backs etc gives at least some mitigating factors for our change of style which I don't believe is the plan for next season and beyond

Look I'm more than happy to write this season off. An individual season doesn't really matter so long as we are progressing. I think we differ on what we expect of next season though. I think it will be more of the same with probably more money spent and slightly worse results and you think we'll evolve. Time will tell. I guess we see what type of business we do in the summer and see how we start the season

April 07, 2021, 02:35:41 AM
Reply #202

ajax_andy

Look I'm more than happy to write this season off. An individual season doesn't really matter so long as we are progressing. I think we differ on what we expect of next season though. I think it will be more of the same with probably more money spent and slightly worse results and you think we'll evolve. Time will tell. I guess we see what type of business we do in the summer and see how we start the season

Yeah I'm excited for next season, but if we play like the majority of this one I'll be changing my tune.  Confident we'll see much better though.

April 08, 2021, 11:30:38 PM
Reply #203

Cozzie

Massive summer for us isnt it?

See the back finally of Bolasie and Besic, hopefully Tosun and a few others from poor regimes gone by and really kick on with the quality Carlo needs.

April 09, 2021, 12:48:45 AM
Reply #204

Coyney83

We shouldn’t be taking solace in the misfortunes of others like, but Antonio has been ruled out for a few weeks for WHU. Big miss for them he will be and to the way that they play.

April 09, 2021, 02:04:53 PM
Reply #205

Toffee_4_Life

April 09, 2021, 02:29:29 PM
Reply #206

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not just us as fans then

https://twitter.com/GNev2/status/1380414795501948928?

Haha was just about to post this myself.

He genuinely gets infuriated by us.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 09, 2021, 03:21:02 PM
Reply #207

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We shouldn’t be taking solace in the misfortunes of others like, but Antonio has been ruled out for a few weeks for WHU. Big miss for them he will be and to the way that they play.
Declan Rice also out, big loss for them

April 09, 2021, 04:05:12 PM
Reply #208

BlueForYou

Roy Keane quoted:

"Everton never challenge for trophies"

Annoying
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 13, 2021, 03:46:56 AM
Reply #209

Paddockoldie

I truly hope we don't scrape in because we will get embarrassed by some minnow team. Get top 8 and sort this shit out properly over the summer. We are utter  shite