April 15, 2021, 09:12:28 PM

Author Topic: Can We Make Europe?  (Read 12532 times)

Paddockoldie, KoemansNumberTens and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

February 26, 2021, 09:52:34 PM
Reply #30

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I read somewhere that stated 8 weeks minimum, but then went on to say he’d only miss 5 games, pretty sure they play more than 5 games in two months!

International break ? Misses three games ?

March 09, 2021, 10:04:43 PM
Reply #31

Sixx1402

Am I right in thinking that if an English team wins the Europa League but DOESN'T finish in the top 7 then 7th place loses any kind of qualification to Europe? (Assuming top 6 win both FA and Carabao cup)

Because that would mean there would be 5 English teams in next year's champions League so only 2 spots left for Europa League (5th and 6th)

Arsenal and Spurs are still in Europa League and might not finish top 7, certainly Arsenal anyway
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

March 09, 2021, 10:41:04 PM
Reply #32

GrantyBoy78

If City win the league cup and we finish 7th, the we qualify for the Europa Conference, or whatever it’s called.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

March 10, 2021, 12:20:24 AM
Reply #33

penguinofdoom1878

UEFA Europa League (UEL) qualification

In normal circumstances, two UEL places are given to English clubs who fulfil the following criteria:

The fifth-placed team in the Premier League qualify for the group stage proper.
The winners of the FA Cup qualify for the group stage proper.

UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) qualification

The EFL Cup winners qualify for the playoff stages.

Where these qualifications changes

a) If the FA Cup winners finish in the top five of the Premier League, their UEL group stage place will go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League.

b) If the EFL Cup winners finish in the top five of the Premier League (or top six if (a) happens), their UECL playoff place will go to the next-highest ranked team not qualified for UEFA competitions in the Premier League.

March 10, 2021, 03:13:00 AM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Are we only playing Villa once this season? Just looked at our fixtures left and we only seem to be playing them at home.

That might make Europe a little trickier if we’re playing a game less this season...

“Human progress has always been driven by a sense of adventure and unconventional thinking.”~ Andre Geim

March 10, 2021, 03:25:18 AM
Reply #35

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Are we only playing Villa once this season? Just looked at our fixtures left and we only seem to be playing them at home.

That might make Europe a little trickier if we’re playing a game less this season...

Hasn’t been given a date yet, probably waiting to see if (they probably expect when) we get knocked out of the cup by Man City as that would free our schedule up a bit more.

March 10, 2021, 06:02:12 AM
Reply #36

Sixx1402

If City win the league cup and we finish 7th, the we qualify for the Europa Conference, or whatever it's called.

Yeah I know but what happens if Arsenal or Spurs win the Europa League but don't finish in the top 7?

They go into the Champions League next season but you can't have 8 English clubs in Europe can you?

So 7th would have to drop out surely and 5th and 6th would get Europa League. Whilst top 4 and Arsenal/Spurs would get Champions League, that would be 7 English teams in Europe next season.

March 12, 2021, 06:34:58 PM
Reply #37

Morta75

Yes we can. But as stated before, the home games against Newcastle, Leeds and West Ham is gone come back and bit us in the ass.

March 12, 2021, 08:59:21 PM
Reply #38

Evertonian in NC

We need Don Carlo to send Pep a nice bottle of wine, so he rolls out the U18s on the final day.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

March 12, 2021, 09:57:48 PM
Reply #39

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
If Europe comes down to needing to win at the Etihad, we're already not making Europe so I wouldn't sweat it.
RIP

March 12, 2021, 10:18:50 PM
Reply #40

Sixx1402

If Europe comes down to needing to win at the Etihad, we're already not making Europe so I wouldn't sweat it.
Where have you been Yankee? Not seen you post much for a while and you're usually quite proficient.

Everything good?

March 12, 2021, 11:00:43 PM
Reply #41

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon Gbamin will be back for that one  lolol

March 12, 2021, 11:32:23 PM
Reply #42

Old England Toffee

We can def beat them if theyre already done and thinking about cup finals, so that means we should let them win the FA cup tie  ;D

March 13, 2021, 12:38:47 AM
Reply #43

Thornton_19

Feel us making Europe has gotten a lot harder missing Doucoure in the run in.

Sent from my SM-G977B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 14, 2021, 01:25:55 AM
Reply #44

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Think between the injuries and our home form...not going to happen is it. We look like we've run out of ideas and fitness.

Teams like Spurs are coming to the end of the season strong, we look like we're held together with duct tape.