April 15, 2021, 09:47:29 PM

Author Topic: Can We Make Europe?  (Read 12551 times)

bigdunc9 and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

March 15, 2021, 02:41:01 AM
Reply #60

ajax_andy

18 games in a row we've conceded more shots than we've had. It's grim watching us play.

18 threads in a row you've posted that exact thing.

March 15, 2021, 02:51:28 AM
Reply #61

Dr. Sponge

18 games in a row we've conceded more shots than we've had. It's grim watching us play.
It was 14 shots each vs Burnley. That's as far back as I'm willing to check.

March 15, 2021, 03:09:35 AM
Reply #62

Waltzer

Oh shit, is this a new Premier League rule and we don't get 3 points for winning, it's now who had the most shots?

Sent from my CPH2025 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 15, 2021, 03:27:05 AM
Reply #63

penguinofdoom1878

nope 2 out of the last 4 games we’ve conceded more than the opposition and I am sure this is a more important stat we’ve scored more than the opposition in 2 of those games

also we have scored more than the opposition 14 times this season, only Leicester (17), Man Utd (16) & Man City (22) have done better than this

just for good measure, Leeds who are the weird bench mark of how we should play have won 11 and have a worse goal difference. To be fair though their ‘scintillating’ football has yielded 3 more goals than we have managed. I am sure this is where I’ll be told we have much better players than Leeds, despite these much better players of ours regularly being declared shite on here too

March 15, 2021, 05:42:08 AM
Reply #64

Old England Toffee

Fuck me we are miserable pessimistic cunts. We have a game in hand against villa with which a win would take us to 2 points off 4th, and we've had some great results this season. It doesnt matter how we've played recently, football (especially this season) doesnt work like that. 10 games left to find some form or scrap some wins, get Dom scoring, richy on fire and James back to his best. Chelsea have a complicated run in. odds against finishing 4th, but anyone of us would have taken this situation at the start of the season. COYB think like Linford PMA

March 15, 2021, 02:51:35 PM
Reply #65

KoemansNumberTens

18 threads in a row you've posted that exact thing.

People seem to want to ignore quite a sizeable amount of evidence that we are actually really shit under ancelotti.

March 15, 2021, 03:31:41 PM
Reply #66

ajax_andy

People seem to want to ignore quite a sizeable amount of evidence that we are actually really shit under ancelotti.

😴

March 15, 2021, 03:37:53 PM
Reply #67

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We are gonna fluke our way to 9th or 10th at best. Then when the luck runs out we'll have to spend big in the summer to repeat that wonderful achievement. Our football is absolutely dire. Read a stat that we'd had less shots for games in a row. Seems so outlandish it can't be right can it? Feels like allardyce without even his set basic way to play but with loads of luck. Rotten team playing rotten football.
I would have to say that if I felt that way about Everton there is no way I would be an Everton supporter, are you an Everton supporter and if so can I ask when were you last happy with the team/club/manager ? Which season?

March 15, 2021, 03:47:31 PM
Reply #68

MarcusFenix

We don't deserve to make Europe

League table does not lie after 38 games.

@KoemansNumberTens Come on bro, there are lies, damned lies and stats.

We have a pragmatic way of trying to grind out results. For the most part it has been backs to the walls stuff utilising Richarlison and DCL pace along with some creativity from Senor Rodriguez and penetration down the left.

Get to the summer, Brands and Ancelotti to leverage their knowledge and reputations to fill some first XI places
You are my Everton, my only Everton, you make me happy when skies are grey

March 15, 2021, 04:24:54 PM
Reply #69

Sixx1402

I think getting a European place will be touch and go depending on other factors.

This current team is probably not ready for playing in Europe next season but with the summer transfer window it could be completely different.

We'll make 7th if West Ham cock it up and Arsenal don't catch us so that's what I'm hoping for.

Edit: just noticed we have Spurs, Arsenal, Villa and West Ham in a row. It's in our own hands.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 04:32:20 PM by Sixx1402 »
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

March 15, 2021, 05:58:16 PM
Reply #70

KoemansNumberTens

I would have to say that if I felt that way about Everton there is no way I would be an Everton supporter, are you an Everton supporter and if so can I ask when were you last happy with the team/club/manager ? Which season?

I liked Martinez for a season and thought moyes was great though was ready for a change by the time he left. Are you happy with this everton or the 1 we had under allardyce koeman Silva or even Martinez after the 1st season. We've wasted so much time and money. Had manager after manager who's proved to be utterly rubbish

I'm not disappointed in being 6th but feel there's no evidence it's sustainable because almost every week we are utterly shite.

March 15, 2021, 06:00:21 PM
Reply #71

KoemansNumberTens

League table does not lie after 38 games.

@KoemansNumberTens Come on bro, there are lies, damned lies and stats.

We have a pragmatic way of trying to grind out results. For the most part it has been backs to the walls stuff utilising Richarlison and DCL pace along with some creativity from Senor Rodriguez and penetration down the left.

Get to the summer, Brands and Ancelotti to leverage their knowledge and reputations to fill some first XI places

Are we even good defensively though? End of the day if we finish top 7 no one can complain. I do feel we will need to improve vastly next season just to stay in the same place

March 15, 2021, 07:05:32 PM
Reply #72

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Rejuvenated after the international break I hope.

Being able to offer; learning from Ancelotti, playing with James and European competition would be huge for our summer recruitment.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 15, 2021, 07:22:08 PM
Reply #73

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Rejuvenated after the international break I hope.

Being able to offer; learning from Ancelotti, playing with James and European competition would be huge for our summer recruitment.

Problem is most of our first team will be off on international duty, fatigue, injuries, jet lag, not really a break.

March 15, 2021, 07:33:43 PM
Reply #74

cantoffee

Problem is most of our first team will be off on international duty, fatigue, injuries, jet lag, not really a break.
Didn't south American games get cancelled?

Ideally that would give time for at least James, Allan, Mina, and Richy to rest up a bit for the run in.

Having James and Mina available for the last 10 games will be a big boost. Think we've really missed Mina lately.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app