June 13, 2021, 06:16:06 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Southampton 1st March 8pm ko  (Read 25066 times)

February 25, 2021, 08:18:37 PM
Read 25066 times

Macca77

Might as well eh, need a win here, get some sort of home form back, Carlo just said Allan and DCL are fit to start, Mina is out.

February 25, 2021, 08:29:50 PM
Reply #1

Robioto

I don't care how we do it, but we have to win here. It's all well and good winning at Anfield but we have to beat teams like Southampton to back it up.

No excuses, we've had a long rest and have a nearly fully fit squad.

February 25, 2021, 08:33:30 PM
Reply #2

Paddockoldie

Another fucking 8pm start... causing murder in our house

February 25, 2021, 09:56:10 PM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Another fucking 8pm start... causing murder in our house

Anyone got a stat on whether we do better or worse in evening kick offs compared to afternoon kick offs ?

February 25, 2021, 10:28:06 PM
Reply #4

Trowel

These are the games I worry about.

I can see it now:
* us spending 90 mins passing it slowly and sideways
* them playing on the rapid counter with sharp one-touch passing slicing us open through the middle and constantly getting in behind the full backs

They take the lead in the 60th min, then score a well deserved 2nd on the break in the 88th.

Followed by a week of Davies/Gomes/Coleman in the bin shouts, and a scrappy draw at West Brom.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 25, 2021, 10:38:38 PM
Reply #5

sam of the south

This would do it

Pickford
            Holgate Keane Godfrey Digne
                 Doucouré Davies Allan
                            James
                       DCL Richarlison
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

February 25, 2021, 10:45:42 PM
Reply #6

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
These are the games I worry about.

I can see it now:
* us spending 90 mins passing it slowly and sideways
* them playing on the rapid counter with sharp one-touch passing slicing us open through the middle and constantly getting in behind the full backs

They take the lead in the 60th min, then score a well deserved 2nd on the break in the 88th.

Followed by a week of Davies/Gomes/Coleman in the bin shouts, and a scrappy draw at West Brom.

Depressingly accurate I fear

February 25, 2021, 11:11:40 PM
Reply #7

Cozzie

Not looking forward to this at all.

This has to be the acid test though, our losses against West ham, Newcastle and Fulham have really fucked what should have been a cracking season.

It still has been with the away results and where we find ourselves in the league but we really have been pitiful in our home games against the shit sides.

Hard to call this but surely past home performances mean we will be working on putting this right surely?

DCL and Allan starting will make a world of difference.
Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, It will live its whole life believing that it is Stupid.

February 25, 2021, 11:11:42 PM
Reply #8

Macca77

They haven't won since their manager made a tit out of himself when they beat the shite

February 25, 2021, 11:21:48 PM
Reply #9

kramer0

They haven't won since their manager made a tit out of himself when they beat the shite

Crap.

Have their strikers all scored somewhat recently?

February 25, 2021, 11:33:57 PM
Reply #10

American Evertonian

This would do it

Pickford
                 Doucouré Davies Allan
                            James
                       DCL Richarlison

Finally a midfield I have faith in. Davies has really impressed and I think it’s his spot to lose.
Are we there yet?

February 25, 2021, 11:46:01 PM
Reply #11

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Crap.

Have their strikers all scored somewhat recently?
No goals in the last 15 games for Che Adams and his middle name is Everton. So I'm sure there's absolutely nothing to worry about and he definitely won't be bagging a double in a 2-0 Southampton victory where we can't get near their penalty area

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 25, 2021, 11:49:38 PM
Reply #12

kramer0

This would do it

Pickford
                 Doucouré Davies Allan
                            James
                       DCL Richarlison

I'd probably pick Coleman at RB since Holgate's had a few noticeable stinkers there recently. Not sure it makes a big difference either way though.

James can pop up wherever he likes, that midfield and the two other forwards put the work in to cover for his fluid positioning.

Those are definitely the first choice midfield and attacking trios. Good balance plus there are so many permutations of how you can change it up depending on how the match goes.

February 25, 2021, 11:51:47 PM
Reply #13

Bluedylan

Fuck it man. We've gotta win it. The lads should be on a proper high, and they've had a good rest.

Not saying it's gonna be easy like, but let's go and get a win eh, and stop being pussies.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 26, 2021, 12:05:21 AM
Reply #14

Bluebridge

Like I said leading up to the derby, let’s be positive.

Pickford

Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne

Davies
           Doucoure    Allan

James                      Richarlison
                        DCL