August 01, 2021, 12:10:47 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Southampton 1st March 8pm ko  (Read 26490 times)

February 26, 2021, 01:42:07 PM
Read 26490 times

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
I'd probably pick Coleman at RB since Holgate's had a few noticeable stinkers there recently. Not sure it makes a big difference either way though.

James can pop up wherever he likes, that midfield and the two other forwards put the work in to cover for his fluid positioning.

Those are definitely the first choice midfield and attacking trios. Good balance plus there are so many permutations of how you can change it up depending on how the match goes.

"Good balance plus there are so many permutations of how you can change it up depending on how the match goes."

This is something we've seen before from Ancelotti that I don't really recall from any previous manager (lthough my memory is dogshit tbf) - different formations during a game with the same players. And not just a "with the ball Vs without the ball" set-up - I mean switching it up a bit and reacting to get us on the ball more, or to cut out threats.

Like you say, these are deffo our 1st choice midfield and attack. If we can settle into this as we're not having games every 5 mins, then I think Carlo will feel he has the choice to really work this 1st XI and squad players to turn us into a side that can do what he asks of them during a game.

Exciting times!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 26, 2021, 08:01:01 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Southampton coming into this so confident they've even rested that Walcott fella.

February 28, 2021, 04:25:50 PM
Reply #2

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Ward-Prowse is one of the most underrated players in the Prem. Amazing ability, pretty versatle with 100% workrate and a great engine. Just 26 too. If he carrys on improving he wouldnt be too disimilar to Trevor Steven (at a push) :)

I think the push you're talking about here is of Sisyphus proportions!   lolol

February 28, 2021, 04:26:39 PM
Reply #3

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber

Very disappointed that the Ancelotti bit at the end didn't also include his tea-cooling skills :)

March 01, 2021, 01:17:37 PM
Reply #4

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Just win, 1-0 or 6-0, Burnleyesque or Brazilian, who cares? Right now 3 points and maintain momentum.

Our goal difference looks quite poor compared to those around us. Could do with giving someone a shoeing to be honest.

March 01, 2021, 09:58:21 PM
Reply #5

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
He's a shambles.

Wouldn't even celebrate scoring against him. Alex McCarthy, the little slug

Little slug with no personality!

March 01, 2021, 10:14:39 PM
Reply #6

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Iíve heard heís about to sign for the Swindon lot

If you need me - I've got your back...

March 01, 2021, 10:25:08 PM
Reply #7

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
I'm just hanging out for a fixture that massively boosts our goal difference. I feel like we're due one under Carlo.

March 02, 2021, 01:49:37 AM
Reply #8

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
This should work when its about a minute before KO:

https://tv.fotyval.com/?m=1

March 02, 2021, 04:04:58 AM
Reply #9

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Carlo not afraid to take it right back to "you can't lose if you don't concede".

Pretty confident that he'll be creating a platform for us to build upon rather than playing 'don'tloseball' every week like Mourinho.