July 01, 2022, 05:58:44 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton - Monday 8 March @18:00 (BT Sport)  (Read 28770 times)

March 06, 2021, 03:20:19 PM
Reply #30

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I never eat before 7pm so itís a case of banging something into the microwave at half time with a couple of glasses of Malbec to wash it down.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 06, 2021, 03:32:17 PM
Reply #31

everton15

feel confident with this match - are away form being great this season too we will surely get a result here especially with allan & james possibly starting from the off - and richy in great form! a draw would be good against an inform Chelsea but they have to lose for the first time at some stage :thumbsup:COYB
scran:
will have a fresh chicken tikka masala from morrisons ready for evening - 40 mins in the oven and adding own basmati rice - delissh + chilled water only as monday
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 06, 2021, 03:44:45 PM
Reply #32

Macca77

I'll be making a chicken curry an hour or two before the match, the spicier the better.

As you were
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 06, 2021, 04:43:07 PM
Reply #33

Bluebridge

I think Carlo has been keeping Coleman and James for this one, I really fancy us to inflict Tuchels first defeat. Be happy with a draw, but Iím really confident weíre going to put a run together to the end of the season, nice run of games from now on, alternate James and Sigurdsson depending on opposition.
                   Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
                     Davies 
              Allan Doucoure
       James DCL Richarlison

Very entertaining 3-2 win
DCL back scoring with 2
King netting the winner. UTFT.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 06, 2021, 05:06:27 PM
Reply #34

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Best betting odds on this game is Skybet, Richarlison to be flagged offside at least twice 5-1 , put your shirt on it .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 06, 2021, 05:13:56 PM
Reply #35

indiantoffee1975

We were in the midst of good run of results last time we beat Chelsea in the league at Bridge under Royle.
Beat Liverpool the game before as well 2-0. Lets hope thats a good omen.

Two stingy defences, they aren't prolific scorers.
One goal either way I think here.

*Wasn't out last 3pm Sat KO against Brighton?

« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 05:16:28 PM by indiantoffee1975 »
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 06, 2021, 06:52:08 PM
Reply #36

Robioto

How are people approaching the tea situation with this one then?

Ask the wife to be if she can cook on Monday night and I'll pile it down in front of the TV.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 06, 2021, 08:04:46 PM
Reply #37

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
These times need to get in the bin

100%

Have set an alarm for myself this time after the WBA debacle. Sat on my hands kicking the couch and counting the seconds till I could go online and watch the match - Fuming!

I work till 17:45 and I'm supposed to log out at this time but I often work a bit longer. My alarm for 17:45 on Monday is "log the fuck out and NSNO the fuck up"

But seriously though - 6pm KO? That doesn't seem right to me unless it's a Sunday and they've got games at 12, 2 and 4.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 06, 2021, 08:06:20 PM
Reply #38

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
How are people approaching the tea situation with this one then?

Log out of work at 17:45, head downstairs and spring for a takeaway to make peace with the womenfolk of the household, to make up for this heinous kick-off time.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 06, 2021, 08:07:30 PM
Reply #39

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
It's a nah from me, very much in the ascendancy, so many tools at his disposal and he's obviously a very good coach.

Might be able to boot and toot our way to some kind of result and it would be massive if we could, but I'm not going to be like biting my fingernails over it.

Thinking we are better trying to close on on Leicester than worrying about Chelsea at this point. Chelsea are in an upward trajectory while Leicester have that crippling injury list and apart from us have to play the rest of the top 6. I donít like the term free hit but could accept not getting something from this if Leicester continue to struggle
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 06, 2021, 08:11:02 PM
Reply #40

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thinking we are better trying to close on on Leicester than worrying about Chelsea at this point. Chelsea are in an upward trajectory while Leicester have that crippling injury list and apart from us have to play the rest of the top 6. I donít like the term free hit but could accept not getting something from this if Leicester continue to struggle

Yeah was actually thinking Brighton tonight...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 06, 2021, 08:12:30 PM
Reply #41

Toddacelli

NSNO Subscriber
Have to say I was highly impressed with Chelsea last night, and you could already see the impact of superior coaching on the training ground. They played with a clearly defined plan, they executed it well and all of their players took responsibility on the ball in tricky areas. They looked like the 2nd best team in the league to me, at the moment. I've not seen Man U or Leicester put a performance like that in, in a big game vs another rival.

For me, I was just praying for 6 points from the run of 3 games (Soton, West Brom, Chelsea) to be in the mix, and we've already got them, so part of me feels like it's a bit of a free hit. Having said that if we could dog out a result (or a win!), that would be even better and would leave us in a a very strong position.

Looking at some of the other fixtures, you'd expect City to beat Utd, but I also expect Liverpool, West Ham and Spurs to all win this weekend, so we could lose a bit of ground.

I think our incredible away record, and our record against the big teams should give us reason for confidence in this game, but Chelsea are a different animal than the Frank Lampard version. I'd imagine they'll expect us to defend deep, and play Giroud up top rather than wasting Werner, which will be a challenge for our defenders.

Agree with this. Some may write it off as 'honeymoon period' or whatever but I think Tuchel will win things with Chelsea if he sticks around for a few years. Watched them against Liverpool and the word that stands out is 'coherent'. Everyone knew their jobs, what to do on and off the ball and worked very well together as a team.

I don't rate our chances here of even a draw unless we are giving them genuine problems at the other end. If we sit back and invite these on I don't think we can last a full 90. You'd be wanting heroic last-ditch performances from all your defence and half your midfield to achieve that. I wonder what Carlo has up his sleeves for us....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 06, 2021, 08:14:15 PM
Reply #42

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah was actually thinking Brighton tonight...

Donít know whether thatís a tough one or not
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 06, 2021, 09:45:00 PM
Reply #43

GrantyBoy78

I think Carlo has been keeping Coleman and James for this one, I really fancy us to inflict Tuchels first defeat. Be happy with a draw, but I'm really confident we're going to put a run together to the end of the season, nice run of games from now on, alternate James and Sigurdsson depending on opposition.
                   Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
                     Davies 
              Allan Doucoure
       James DCL Richarlison

Very entertaining 3-2 win
DCL back scoring with 2
King netting the winner. UTFT.
Unless the manager has some sort of tactical plan for Coleman, and utilises him like he did against the shite, I wouldnít have him in the team.

This team is crying out for a dynamic RB, but we donít have that player at the club.

We are much better defensively when Holgate plays there, the stats bear that out. And although we lose something going forward, Coleman doesnít have the legs to really provide that threat anymore.

Coleman started in the defeats to West Ham, Newcastle and Fulham and we didnít even score.

Obviously, not putting those defeats squarely on him, but his inclusion in the team doesnít make us any more potent, it just leaves us looking a bit soft at the back.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 06, 2021, 11:36:51 PM
Reply #44

Mayor Farnum

Who benefits from a 6pm Monday kick off anyway?
I can't imagine too many people saying, "If there were more 6pm kick offs I'd watch a lot more footy."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions